PDA

View Full Version : Epic Warhulks

Khedrac
2012-04-20, 10:42 AM
The Warhulk prestige class from Miniature's Handbook actually has the lowest BAB progression of any class - 10 levels, +0 BAB.
Instead they get +2 strength every level - very nice and situationally worth it.

The Epic rules state that instead of a class or prestige class's BAB progression all characters get the Epic BAB progression of +1 every odd level.

So what happens if you don't take Warhulk until Epic? Yes you don't get epic bonus feats, but you do get +2 strength every level and the rest of the warhulk abilities.
So, do 10 levels of Warhulk taken when epic grant +0 epic attack bonus or +5?
Strict Rules as written it should be +5 which is a bit abusive, but what do people think?

danzibr
2012-04-20, 10:51 AM
The Warhulk prestige class from Miniature's Handbook actually has the lowest BAB progression of any class - 10 levels, +0 BAB.
Instead they get +2 strength every level - very nice and situationally worth it.

The Epic rules state that instead of a class or prestige class's BAB progression all characters get the Epic BAB progression of +1 every odd level.

So what happens if you don't take Warhulk until Epic? Yes you don't get epic bonus feats, but you do get +2 strength every level and the rest of the warhulk abilities.
So, do 10 levels of Warhulk taken when epic grant +0 epic attack bonus or +5?
Strict Rules as written it should be +5 which is a bit abusive, but what do people think?
Ya know, I never thought about it. By RAW I suppose you would get +5, but a reasonable DM would probably rule it as +0... at least that's what I think.

Yorrin
2012-04-20, 11:02 AM
You're right- Epic gives you all the good and none of the bad with War Hulk. At least, none of the bad except lack of casting and "no time to think" or whatever that class feature is called. But plain old bonuses to Str only go so far in Epic. The classic truism of casters>noncasters only gets more pronounced in epic.

Cieyrin
2012-04-20, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't call taking Warhulk in Epic abusive, really. The game is already falling apart that Warhulks getting both Str and more attacks isn't exactly breaking the bank. Especially since you can get a Warhulk more BAB pre-epic with a Skillful weapon, anyways, so this isn't abusive in the least.

Chronos
2012-04-20, 12:56 PM
Yeah, if you've got a melee character who's supposed to be epic in power, there's not much left to do except make him insanely strong.

tyckspoon
2012-04-20, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't call taking Warhulk in Epic abusive, really. The game is already falling apart that Warhulks getting both Str and more attacks isn't exactly breaking the bank...

Just more attack bonus, actually. Epic Attack Bonus doesn't count toward iteratives; however many BAB-based attacks you're getting at 20 is how many you'll have for all of the character's Epic life.