PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Ur-Priest?

Wookie-ranger
2012-04-20, 07:33 PM
hi,
I am looking for a a Psionic Class with the same (insane) spell/power progression as the Ur-Priest. 1 manifestation level per xp-level.
Google failed me, and the only thing that came remotely close was a home brew. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145586

Its for a VERY cheese build i am working on. so if there is any way to get the same effect for 1:1 manifestation:level i am all ears.

Thanks a lot.

Flickerdart
2012-04-20, 08:05 PM
Doesn't exist, and can't - such a class would not be able to manifest most of its own powers without external feats and items.

Urpriest
2012-04-20, 08:09 PM
Doesn't exist, and can't - such a class would not be able to manifest most of its own powers without external feats and items.

Eh, you'd just need some sort of manifester level ability like the Sublime Chord has for Caster Level. It would be horrible design, but it could exist.

Still, it doesn't exist. The closest you can find would be either the Warmind, for fast-progression Psychic Warrior, or the Ardent, which because it gains powers based on ML alone rather than a class-based cap can actually learn higher level powers if its ML is boosted by Practiced Manifester (or cheesier stuff like Overchannel et al).

eggs
2012-04-20, 10:05 PM
Ardent with Practiced Manifester, an Ioun stone and a Major Bloodline can get 9th level powers after 9 actual manifesting class levels.

Effectively using Bloodlines requires by-the-book experience advancement (where EXP is calculated for each character individually), rather than one of the common houserules. If the standard rules are used, the character will be approximately 1 character level behind the rest of the party for approximately half its career.