PDA

View Full Version : An armor that is also a weapon.

Gharkash
2012-04-20, 08:35 PM
The tittle is rather straightforward, is there any type of armor, from supplementals or online sources, that is both armor and weapon? I have seen armor spiles, not exactly what i want.

Moar something like blades that are part of a heavy armor, or something similar to that.

Urpriest
2012-04-20, 08:38 PM
Blades that are part of heavy armor are exactly what armor spikes are. Is it that you would rather they be slashing weapons? Or is there something else you're looking for?

Gharkash
2012-04-20, 09:18 PM
The type does not really matter, slashing/piercing both make sense (bludgeoning would be silly, you can bludgeon things with your plate gauntlet). If i am not mistaken armor spikes work on grapples, i want something more in the lines of:
"do you see this blade adorned gauntlet? these are not just decorations" *proceeds to bitchslap the opponent in tha face with his bladed gauntlet*.

Armor that can be actively used as a wepon, probably in the form of unarmed attacks(?).

Urpriest
2012-04-20, 09:34 PM
The type does not really matter, slashing/piercing both make sense (bludgeoning would be silly, you can bludgeon things with your plate gauntlet). If i am not mistaken armor spikes work on grapples, i want something more in the lines of:
"do you see this blade adorned gauntlet? these are not just decorations" *proceeds to bitchslap the opponent in tha face with his bladed gauntlet*.

Armor that can be actively used as a wepon, probably in the form of unarmed attacks(?).

You don't have to use armor spikes in a grapple, you can also just use them as a regular melee weapon. They're a good choice for TWF since your other weapon can be two-handed.

Fatebreaker
2012-04-20, 09:39 PM
There was a bladed gauntlet back in... Sword and Fist? Maybe?

That might be worth digging up.

Vizzerdrix
2012-04-20, 09:47 PM
Arms and equipment guide has several options. Bladed, clawed and dart launching gauntlets.

Dwarven bucklers from Races of Stone (I think, or was it Comp. Warrior?)

I'm sure that I've seen other things as well. Shark skin armor, net cutter spikes and an armor that was covered in barbs, but I can't recall what books at the moment.

Gharkash
2012-04-20, 10:12 PM
Bladed gauntlet exists in both Arms and Equipment and Sword and Fist. It largelly represents what i want.

Maybe a 2wf with two bladed gauntlets and armor spikes, just to add more spike to the whole deal. Seems somehow solid, but can 2wf work well with heavy armor?

Darrin
2012-04-20, 11:16 PM
Try the Poison Spike enhancement or Razor Armor from the Book of Vile Darkness. First one works much like armor spikes, but hey, free unlimited poison. The second one only does damage when you grapple.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-21, 02:21 AM
Bladed gauntlet exists in both Arms and Equipment and Sword and Fist. It largelly represents what i want.

Maybe a 2wf with two bladed gauntlets and armor spikes, just to add more spike to the whole deal. Seems somehow solid, but can 2wf work well with heavy armor?
You won't be getting as much benefit from your high Dex to AC, and you'll need some strength to carry it all, but it's not impossible I don't think.