PDA

View Full Version : Build Help Question

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-20, 10:48 PM
So I got bored earlier tonight and decided to make a kinda hilarious assassin build.

The creature is a Dark Shadesteel Golem who's stats were created with 18 point buy and was hit by a maximized awaken construct spell cast by a friendly level 20 beguiler. So his stats after racial adjustments were Str 22, Dex 24, Con -, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 18 (and then +4 or +5 tomes to every stat).

I've given it 19 Factotum levels and 1 level of Mindbender.

The whole premise of the build is that this guy has been running around for centuries (if not longer) and is pretty much the best damn assassin ever; he can kill anyone, anywhere.

My question is whether or not I should give him epic feats and magic items or not. He qualifies but I'm not too keen on it. Although there are a couple that I'm leaning towards giving him (Boots of Swiftness without the haste option, Mantle of Great Stealth, Improved Spell Capacity 3 times (so that he get's 9th level spells)).

So thoughts?

Thomasinx
2012-04-20, 10:55 PM
The real question is what are you building this for? Is this supposed to be a bad guy in a campaign? Are you just making it for the heck of it?

You ask if you "should" do anything, but without a context for this character, it's impossible to say anything about it.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-20, 11:10 PM
Mostly just because. It will eventually end up used for something or other. I'm actually thinking about making this guy the primary enforcer of a BBEG for a campaign I'm writing that will take the PC's from level 1 to level 20 (the BBEG would be the beguiler who Awakened him in point of fact).