PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon Remake

t209
2012-04-21, 12:37 AM
What would do for a remake of Old D&D Cartoon? Here's what I would do..
1. Turn it into 4e rules.
2. Turn Eric into Cleric (Even if he was a jerkass who has a point but every party needs a medic).
3. Bobby would turn into Illiterate (Barbarians are illiterate hulks).

Ravens_cry
2012-04-21, 01:01 AM
If I were to change it?
I'd make it about a a particular setting rather than generic D&D.
I'd keep it consistent with the conventions of the game, but I wouldn't base it on a particular rule set, no "Oh no, I'm almost out of encounter powers and my daily has almost no effect on this creature".
Rather, it would be like the novels, telling stories within a particular setting.
I think that would be much easier to engage a wider audience with while still keeping the flavour and characters we love of those worlds.

dehro
2012-04-21, 02:27 AM
I'm usually not in favour of remakes, but this cartoon was so bad it simply cannot not improve..so..any kind of change would be a good one.
to begin with, I would make the entire team a little older..because monsters being floored by..9 year olds?.. (if memory serves me well).. just no.

MLai
2012-04-21, 04:52 AM
I'm usually not in favour of remakes, but this cartoon was so bad it simply cannot not improve..so..any kind of change would be a good one..
Them's fightin' words!
Before the penetration of anime into the US cartoon market, this cartoon was the best you were ever going to get on Saturday morning. I watched it as a kid and there are images I take with me from that show to this day.

Hopeless
2012-04-21, 04:54 AM
Me?

Hank (Ranger) I'd have gone Paladin given he's usually the purest of the pure but having be an archer as well just to make it even tougher... heck why not maybe even have him take a couple of levels in ranger if necessary but lets be honest the way Pathfinder even 3.0 or 3.5 this is quite possible!
Sheila (Thief) Illusionist-Rogue after all her schtick is invisibility so why not have a second mage in the party i hear thats how they treat her down in the Brazilian version!
Diana (Thief-Acrobat) Monk after all she all she all but exemplifies that class!
Presto (Wizard) He's now a sorceror since you never see him carrying a spellbook!
Eric (Cavalier) now a warlord since he's not usually fighting,
Bobby (Barbarian) stays a barbarian but have him be dyslexic so has problems reading or better yet a Ranger to explain his unicorn animal companion!

Dungeon Master: either a gnome or a halfling and hint that a druid resurrected him so it explains why Venger is a tiefling or a cambion or whatever...

They arrive and dungeon master helps them, no magical artefacts given out he gets their help to free an old friend and in the process they encounter Venger and Tiamat who are more concerned with fighting each other than pursuing the dungeon master and his new friends.

Dungeon Master reveals to them that to get home they need to help him uncover the secrets to their unexpected arrival and to do that he needs help with his shattered homeland who are desperate for heroes of their own such that with their help he might be able to get their help to discover a way home for them.

The equipment they start off with is same as a starting group and you get the feel of a new game as they work their way through with added sub plots of Eric trying to adapt to not being the rich boy and in control, Hank slowly assuming the leadership whilst Presto and Shiela are even more slowly learning to control their new abilities...
And Bobby... well having to take care of Uni he's growing up alot faster than he would have at home where he doesn't have a pet of his own and Uni... well she's just how she normally is!

dehro
2012-04-21, 05:26 AM
Them's fightin' words!
Before the penetration of anime into the US cartoon market, this cartoon was the best you were ever going to get on Saturday morning. I watched it as a kid and there are images I take with me from that show to this day.

lol... I'd hate to stomp on another man's childhood. let's just say that I never knew there was a cartoon on DnD until I read about it on this very forum, a few years back..so I watched it as an adult. it was never shown in my neck of the woods
cartoons of the same era that I did get to see were Masters of the Universe, BraveStarr and other similar cartoons (plus a crapload of japanese robot anime and stuff like fist of the north star).. to be fair, most of them were crap too, I say now as an adult. back then I did watch them though.. (except for GI Joe and Transformers...which were just too silly and patronising for me, even back then as a kid). *ducks out of ranged weapons range*

anyhoo..my point stands.. reading back on it, the barbarian was 8!!!.. so..yeah..they need to make it slightly more believable..which I realise is a silly word, given the context.

Solaris
2012-04-21, 06:07 AM
What's wrong with keeping it AD&D? 3E with the serial numbers filed off, maybe, but 4E starts wandering a little far afield from the original show. At that point, you might as well not bother calling it a remake.

Dungeon Master: either a gnome or a halfling and hint that a druid resurrected him so it explains why Venger is a tiefling or a cambion or whatever...

You like Reincarnate as a better explanation of how he's a fiend as opposed to implying that the Dungeon Master is some manner of celestial, and Venger's fallen by his own actions and choices rather than his nature?

pffh
2012-04-21, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't so much make a remake but a new show.

I would not reference the rules at all in the show but I would use the 3.5 ruleset to generally keep an idea of what each character could do with some leeway.

The setting would be Eberron and would follow the adventures of a 5 man adventuring party (A human artificer, a warforged crusader, a changeling swordsage, a shifter cleric and a dwarf wizard).

The show itself would be a little more mature then the original cartoon and would probably aim for the 10 -14+ demographic but would also hopefully draw a some older viewers as well

Omergideon
2012-04-21, 03:50 PM
I would not care so much about rules, classes and the like. It is not something that could contribute to an exciting and interesting cartoon show for a wider audience. Try to be consistent of course, but not too fussed.

As for the show, tighten up the animation, keep the basic premise and powers roughly the same, and pitch many episodes at the sort of tone the episode "The Dragon's Graveyard" hit. Some fun, some more serious. Otherwise I thought it was decent episodic childrens television and was better than many other shows of the same era.

Of course if I was making a new show NOT aimed at the same target audience things might be more different with slightly older characters and more clearly planned character arcs, much as Hopeless suggested. They would work, especially with the 1st series plot becoming "why are we here?" the second as "how do we get home" and the third as "Well, DnD came home with us. Crap".

Starbuck_II
2012-04-21, 04:04 PM
They remade Voltron (still going on TV) so a D&D cartoon seems possible.

Riverdance
2012-04-21, 06:35 PM
I personally wouldn't use 4e. Why? Because I don't like 4e very much.

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-04-21, 09:05 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

We're talking about a (hypothetical) new D&D cartoon...and no one's demanded an OotS Cartoon series? :smalltongue:

dehro
2012-04-21, 09:13 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

We're talking about a (hypothetical) new D&D cartoon...and no one's demanded an OotS Cartoon series? :smalltongue:

I don't think it would actually work

t209
2012-04-22, 12:59 AM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

This is what I was supposed to say (Hypothetical).

Hopeless
2012-04-22, 04:17 AM
What's wrong with keeping it AD&D? 3E with the serial numbers filed off, maybe, but 4E starts wandering a little far afield from the original show. At that point, you might as well not bother calling it a remake.

You like Reincarnate as a better explanation of how he's a fiend as opposed to implying that the Dungeon Master is some manner of celestial, and Venger's fallen by his own actions and choices rather than his nature?

Actually I meant that the person the group call "Dungeon Master" was actually slain and was reincarnated into his current form so that initially Venger doesn't realise its his father and the PCs wouldn't know either!

Venger I take it was probably a Fighter/Sorceror who was turned evil due to his father being too busy and something happened to his mother to exasperate whatever link he had with his dad.

I figure Dungeon Master knows he's far from ready to face either his wayward son nor the villain who corrupted him and came within inches of permanently killing him so his new proteges seem an ideal time to recover and plan on reversing whatever gain the bad guys have but also help the new adventurers' since to accomplish that he will need enough backup to insure the bad guys don't just use this effort to invade their world...

dehro
2012-04-22, 04:56 AM
yeah..I don't think that DnD cartoon will ever work as long as the dungeon master does anything but narrate the premise/ending of the episode in an ominous voice.
as soon as you make him a playing character/npc, he becomes a problem. if he acts he's a deus ex machina, if he doesn't he's a pointless character.

Hopeless
2012-04-22, 05:12 AM
yeah..I don't think that DnD cartoon will ever work as long as the dungeon master does anything but narrate the premise/ending of the episode in an ominous voice.
as soon as you make him a playing character/npc, he becomes a problem. if he acts he's a deus ex machina, if he doesn't he's a pointless character.

Everyone has to start somewhere, from my point of view taking original d&d as an example he's just a 7th level Magic User who lost a lot of his power in his reincarnation and now has to worry that his son a 12th level Magic User and daughter whose a 9th level Magic User will bring about the downfall of the entire Realms at the behest of their liege and Dungeon Master's Nemesis who is a Demon Lord.

Reincarnated he finds himself isolated when his saviour is kidnapped by followers of Tiamat who is beginning to make her move against Venger since they both believe Dungeon Master is dead.

However their conflict creates a number of unforeseen side effects one of which is a temporary wild magic portal sending the main cast into Realms where fleeing the obvious battle between Tiamat and Venger's forces they come across the gnome sized traveller they name "Dungeon Master"

Being unwilling to reveal his true name due to the potential problem that poses after all this is a world of magic, he goes with their name for him and their assumption he is suffering from amnesia most probably from the battle waging nearby.

He knowing the area helps them avoid trouble and leads them to a safe village where they learn of the druidess's plight and agree to help.
The Dungeon Master helps them get training which is when he volunteers to help train Presto and Shiela recognising them as potential spellcasters.

As this is original d&d both Hank, Eric and Bobby are trained as Fighters, Diana as a Rogue and yes in a real game this would prove dangerous going out with a cleric but I figure they're supplied healing potions for their trip to rescue the druidess.

The first adventure is dangerous but they succeed with Eric finding a Ring of Protection, Shiela her Cloak of Invisibility and Hank his enchanted +1 Bow.

Shiela and Presto learn to master their first spells and as they move on we learn that Tiamat is aware someone intervened in her plans for Druidess and sends a few agents to learn more as Dungeon Master prepares to help his new proteges with their next mission as he begins his own quest to find out how they arrived and hopefully a means to send them home.

Okay maybe i'm thinking too much since I agree GI Joe was a mite patronising at times but how would you handle a new cartoon series of Dungeons & Dragons?

Stick with an Eberron style setting or use the original as a jumping on point?

WitchSlayer
2012-04-22, 05:30 AM
I would have it be an animated rated G version of the current IDW D&D comic.

dehro
2012-04-22, 05:39 AM
Okay maybe i'm thinking too much since I agree GI Joe was a mite patronising at times but how would you handle a new cartoon series of Dungeons & Dragons?

Stick with an Eberron style setting or use the original as a jumping on point?

"maybe"? :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:
I do think I would go with a total rewrite, targeted to an audience of +-14 years of age (because that way it's still mature enough for me to enjoy it.. the only things aimed at a target that is younger than that that I do enjoy occasionally, are things that I fanboyed over when I was 10).
hand it over to the writers and creators of Avatar (the cartoon of course).
as for setting... equal parts Eberron and Greyhawk for nostalgic reasons
I'd take the DM out entirely.
the party would be made of mostly earthlings with a few additions of world-savvy guides and new friends. no unicorns :smallyuk:
the earthlings would be dropped in-universe by the explosion of an artefact which has both brought them there and given them the very basic roots for their future talents. said artefact would be irreparably damaged and the accident would also cause a slow but steady fracturing of magic/reality in this universe. rumors of a twin artefact existing using which it would be possible to restore the status quo and maybe even send the party back home, would be the main driving force for sending out the party and giving them new plot keys to push them around. local politics, ambitious mages and concurrent search parties interested in the artefact would complete the tapestry.

MLai
2012-04-22, 10:32 AM
no unicorns :smallyuk:
Unless said unicorn can do this:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/CUNamAI8sKE/0.jpg

An Enemy Spy
2012-04-22, 01:25 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

As awesome as that would be, I think it would ruin my perception of what the character's voices are supposed to sound like.

Tengu_temp
2012-04-22, 01:52 PM
One word: Dovahkids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQmYF35w74)

Carry2
2012-04-22, 02:49 PM
As awesome as that would be, I think it would ruin my perception of what the character's voices are supposed to sound like.
I have a very distant recollection of Rich mentioning in a news post or interview or something that he was actually approached on this subject by a professional animation studio some time ago. The deal fell apart with a good deal of acrimony on the subject of who would get creative control, IIRC. I think that was the gist of it, anyways.

Hopeless
2012-04-23, 05:41 AM
"maybe"? :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:
I do think I would go with a total rewrite, targeted to an audience of +-14 years of age (because that way it's still mature enough for me to enjoy it.. the only things aimed at a target that is younger than that that I do enjoy occasionally, are things that I fanboyed over when I was 10).
hand it over to the writers and creators of Avatar (the cartoon of course).
as for setting... equal parts Eberron and Greyhawk for nostalgic reasons
I'd take the DM out entirely.

I'm having visions of a party consisting of a pair of nomads one a ranger the other a cleric accompanying a young monk and eventually meeting and adventuring with a blind sorceress and being chased by an entire nation of pyromancer wizards!

Hmm you know the Scarlet brotherhood pretty much fit the bill of those pyromancer wizards or even Thayan wizards but I really like to see this set in Greyhawk if no other reason than just how many people would love to see it happen!!!
(And yes there was something for the Faerun fans as long as its pre-4e!)

And the really scary part is that the blind sorceress has made entire armies turn and flee when she starts running towards them!:smallbiggrin:

And I have visions of her adopting an entire litter of red dragons along with their mother to serve as her "familiars" even though they're just her "little puppies"!:smallwink:

t209
2012-04-23, 11:55 AM
One word: Dovahkids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQmYF35w74)

Yeah..About that! I think I was going to use this as inspiration for what would OOTS be like in alternate universes (Especially since Dovahkids is the closest things to D&D and other Saturday Morning cartoons (like Jems and the Holograms) parody).

Giggling Ghast
2012-04-23, 10:44 PM
Set it in Dark Sun. :smalltongue:

Hopeless
2012-04-24, 05:36 AM
Set it in Dark Sun. :smalltongue:

I can see that being shown on either mtv or that other channel where they show all the x rated or 18 rated stuff!

Question is haven't they already done this?!

TheEmerged
2012-04-24, 08:53 PM
Step One: establish, immediately or as early as feasible, why the cast (let's say six, even split of male/female, just for modern TV tradition's sake) has chosen to stay in the fantasy world. The single biggest flaw to the original series was the "Gilligan's Island" effect -- that they essentially had to fail at their on-going quest to get home every episode or so. I read an article where one of the creators of the show acknowledged this and said it was the one thing he'd change.

Step Two: no uber-items. The characters themselves and the world itself are what should drive the plot. The uber-items create a cheap plot device that usually have to be removed to 'challenge' the players.

Step Three: establish the ground rules of the world's magic AND FREAKING STICK TO THEM. Yes, I know it's practically a rule of heroic fiction that the hero and villain break the rules of the world, but that's a lazy convention that generally leads to repeated one-up-manship (case study: Sasuke of the Naruto world).

Step Three Point One: when creating those rules, find ways to avoid or severely limit "plot breaking powers" -- especially overly-available foreshadowing (Heroes TV show, I'm looking at you). Here's a rule of thumb that has served me well: if a power\spell\effect would reduce a Sherlock Holmes novel to a single chapter or less, it probably shouldn't exist in the world.

Step Three Point Two: I'm not saying you have to spend years in development determining the ramifications of every spell\power. But try to at least pay lip service to the fact that a world where (insert here) is readily available is not going to be a simple analog of (insert historical location\period here). Start with thinking about how available healing is and how that changes things, for example.

Step Four: if your cast allows for this consideration, try to stick primarily with "stock" class/races. The Alien has a way of taking over the show (Spock on original Star Trek, I'm looking at you). When I toyed with this as a writing project once, using 4th Edition (the pilot represented the world shifting from 3.x to 4), I went with a fighter, cleric, rogue, wizard, warlord, and monk. Leave the acrobats, cavaliers, and such to the homebrew...

Step Five: NO comedic/kiddo character. If the phrase "this character would sell great as a stuffed animal" comes up, the character shouldn't exist.

mtpromises
2012-04-24, 11:05 PM
Step Five: NO comedic/kiddo character. If the phrase "this character would sell great as a stuffed animal" comes up, the character shouldn't exist.

But I really really want a stuffed Tiamat!

t209
2012-04-24, 11:43 PM

Don't worry, Order of the Stick will do one (They got Tiamat for god).
P.S- Do you think Rich's comic was also influenced by this cartoon (Tiamat that is)?
P.P.S- How many of you rediscovered it, thanks to dovahkids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQmYF35w74&feature=channel&list=UL)?

MLai
2012-04-25, 12:56 AM
Step One: [snip snip].......
Ok, umm... who the heck will be watching your show?

Certainly not kids.

Hopeless
2012-04-25, 02:48 AM

Well they've done a plush cthulhu so I don't see why not!:smallbiggrin:

Hopeless
2012-04-25, 02:54 AM

Certainly not kids.

I was more curious about who his cast was since he removed the barbarian before even mentioning not having Bobby on his show!!!

So if they did do a remake would that mean any dnd roleplayers would immediately ask which edition were they using?

Seriously original d&d: old school
ad&d: dm pc killers
2nd ed: all about the splatbooks
3.0: all about the third party stuff
3.5: just use the splatbooks their classes were more powerful!
4e: dear god how many cards do you need?!!!
5e: Haven't a clue but they're suggesting a mix of the above...

Original d&d cartoon: well it included the ad&d unearthed arcana since the barbarian, cavalier and thief-acrobat originated there, so...

Solaris
2012-04-25, 05:08 AM

Certainly not kids.

Why the heck not? It's possible to do something that kids can watch and grown-ups will enjoy. Just ask Disney.

dehro
2012-04-25, 07:56 AM

Certainly not kids.

who cares?:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

turkishproverb
2012-04-25, 10:12 AM
If I were to change it?
I'd make it about a a particular setting rather than generic D&D. .

This. I'd do the same with movies. I don't want "Dungeons and Dragons: The Movie" I was "GrayHawk" and "Eberon" and "Dragonlance"

actually, dragonlance does make better fiction than gaming...

TheEmerged
2012-04-25, 01:59 PM

Certainly not kids.

Surprising fact: kids are not idiots. They can often recognize and appreciate quality. In fact, in my experience kids are more drawn to a well-developed, immersive world than a poorly developed one and can recognize "stuffed" characters almost as easily as an adult can. A large part of what I'd want to do is to try and create that immersive world and I feel a consistent ruleset for that world would be part of that creation.

Kids would not be the target audience. Targetting an audience is a common trap in writing, in my experience. Disney used to be pretty good at this -- look at the original Parent Trap movie for example. There's a noticeable change in the perspective as it goes on, as if it's expecting the kids to fall asleep from younger to older as it goes.

As for the cast? I'd go with completely new characters. It's better to avoid comparisons, even though some people will make them anyway. Some people will try to draw inspirations between virtually anything, even when the source material (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamet) goes much further back. See who you've got as actors and build characters that suit them (or, if the actor prefers, stretch them) rather than try to shoehorn things.

Solaris
2012-04-25, 08:03 PM
Ever read the Heinlein Juveniles? So far as I can tell, the major difference between them and his 'adult' stuff is that fewer people get nekkid and there aren't so many redheads.
Oh, yeah, and the protagonists tend to be kids, too.
When I was a kid, I liked fiction that didn't talk down to me.

Hopeless
2012-04-26, 05:53 AM
Ok how many here would like to see a remake of the original dungeons and dragons cartoon?

I wonder how creating a poll thread works?

Okay lets try and make myself clear (or clearer...)

Select from the following or create another option;

1) A remake of the original dungeons and dragons cartoon consisting of a new more up todate band of adventurers' but less stereotyped so maybe one or two are conversant with d&d the others aren't...

2) The adventures of a band of neophyte adventurer's in a specific setting in this case Faerun.

3) As 2 but the setting is Eberron,

4) As 2 but this time its Greyhawk,

5) Televise the comic book series set in 4e

6) Have an Adult Swim version (knew i remember where that adult version would come out on!!!)

7) Stick to you tube and watch the exploits of "The Monday Knights" or "Journeyquest" or "Spellfire" hope I got that last title right!

Your choice...:smallsmile:

DigoDragon
2012-04-26, 07:09 AM
Stealing an idea from Erfworld, it be interesting to me if we make the heroes somewhat savvy of the D&D world, they all being players of D&D back home. Then our villain (Venger or whoever) is also mysteriously savvy, but we don't see who it is until later in the series. We just see the back of his/her chair or whatever.

dehro
2012-04-26, 08:45 AM
Stealing an idea from Erfworld, it be interesting to me if we make the heroes somewhat savvy of the D&D world, they all being players of D&D back home. Then our villain (Venger or whoever) is also mysteriously savvy, but we don't see who it is until later in the series. We just see the back of his/her chair or whatever.

http://harmonia.meccahosting.com/~a0002223/dr_claw.jpg

Hopeless
2012-04-26, 09:24 AM
http://harmonia.meccahosting.com/~a0002223/dr_claw.jpg

So you have no problems with a warforged detective played by Matthew Broderick then?

dehro
2012-04-26, 10:03 AM
I'm thinking adrien brody would be a better casting choice

since we're at it, what is your favourite cast for a decent DnD movie? let's say the main party is made of 6 individuals...what classes and races, and who would you have play them?

t209
2012-04-26, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking adrien brody would be a better casting choice

since we're at it, what is your favourite cast for a decent DnD movie? let's say the main party is made of 6 individuals...what classes and races, and who would you have play them?

Hank could be Elven Arcane Archer Ranger (Elves and half elf can only be arcane archer).
Bobby could be Half Orc barbarian (plus dyslexic and less intelligence since Bobby's an idiot even if he's a barbarian and an orc).

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-04-26, 10:22 PM
Hmmm...a cast...

Zoe Saldana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoe_Saldana) - Human Paladin
Sir Ian Holm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Holm) - Dwarf Cleric
Alexander Siddig (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Siddig) - (slightly mad) Elven Sorcerer
Richard Dean Anderson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dean_Anderson) - Old, tired Human Rogue
Natalie Portman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Portman) - Orc Ranger :smalltongue:
Johnny Depp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Depp) - Human Bard (Elan with a Scottish Brogue)

And as a final touch, I nominate Christopher Lee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee):
To play Venger and the Dungeon Master. As the same character! It would be awesome. He sets himself up as the villain, the challenge set before the players!
So Meta. Awesome.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-27, 02:55 AM
This. I'd do the same with movies. I don't want "Dungeons and Dragons: The Movie" I was "GrayHawk" and "Eberon" and "Dragonlance"

actually, dragonlance does make better fiction than gaming...
Yeah, I've read a good deal of Dragonlance fiction and it's some of the most enjoyable of D&D novels and short stories in my opinion.
But the idea of playing in that 'verse?
With God Mode NPC able to fix whatever and a metaverse that denies player input? And Kender?
No thanks!

Wardog
2012-05-03, 06:14 PM
Hmmm...a cast...

Natalie Portman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Portman) - Orc Ranger :smalltongue:

o_O

Well, at least that would make the question "where do half-orcs come from?" easier to answer.

t209
2012-05-03, 08:40 PM
Since 1980s D&D Scare is over (and along with a number of D&D players due to games like Elderscrolls and Warcraft), do you think it will be like playlog with humor and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (from the players).

Ravens_cry
2012-05-03, 10:02 PM
Since 1980s D&D Scare is over (and along with a number of D&D players due to games like Elderscrolls and Warcraft), do you think it will be like playlog with humor and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (from the players).
I think there is enough interesting ideas in the settings to make a serious and epic story without going all meta.
Did Lord of the Rings need riffs from a guy and two robots, did The Last Unicorn require a commentary track?

Dr.Epic
2012-05-04, 01:18 PM
Just have the guys who made the Gamers do it. It'd be awesome!:smallbiggrin:

JadePhoenix
2012-05-04, 01:40 PM
Sheila (Thief) Illusionist-Rogue after all her schtick is invisibility so why not have a second mage in the party i hear thats how they treat her down in the Brazilian version!

What? No, no it isn't.

turkishproverb
2012-05-04, 07:29 PM
Just have the guys who made the Gamers do it. It'd be awesome!:smallbiggrin:

I approve this message.

Hopeless
2012-05-14, 05:35 AM
I approve this message.

As long as the cast treat it as a group of roleplayers get sent to the D&D world so we have scenes where they discuss genre savvy as well as seriously scare the bad guys with their ability to outmatch just how evil they could go!

I wish they release Wizards & Warriors, it might seem tacky but what few clips I've seen on you tube make it look rather interesting!

Bulldog Psion
2012-05-14, 09:10 AM

Well, I have no insight into that casting decision, but you gave me a chuckle for the morning. Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Henceforth, I shall probably only be able to think of her as Natalie Orcman. :smallwink:

dehro
2012-05-14, 11:23 AM
As long as the cast treat it as a group of roleplayers get sent to the D&D world so we have scenes where they discuss genre savvy as well as seriously scare the bad guys with their ability to outmatch just how evil they could go!

isn't that kind of the direction "the knights of badassdom" is taking? that's really a movie I want to see

Solaris
2012-05-20, 07:22 AM

I wish they release Wizards & Warriors, it might seem tacky but what few clips I've seen on you tube make it look rather interesting!

For bonus points, they should pick up actors and actresses who actually do play D&D.

Ravens_cry
2012-05-20, 08:34 AM
For bonus points, they should pick up actors and actresses who actually do play D&D.
I don't know, Vin Diesel's, albeit sexy, mumbley gravel would really throw me off.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-20, 08:38 AM
Just have Vin Diesel play every character, including the women.

Ravens_cry
2012-05-20, 08:50 AM
Just have Vin Diesel play every character, including the women.
That would be a drag to produce.

dehro
2012-05-20, 01:35 PM
that's a terrible, terrible pun

t209
2012-05-20, 05:08 PM
How about typical Dark Adaption of 80s cartoon? It will not be kids but with adults...IN DARK SUN settings (don't want Lord of the Flies like situation).
Former Marine as Human fighter in this uniform style (http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/mad-max-4-fury-road-1.jpg) (except with bone armor, USMC Tshirt and military pants).
Wiccan member as Preserver
Former Convict as Mul Gladiator
Psychic as Thrikeen Psionic.