PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] (non-core) ways to get the Improved Grapple feat

Amakule
2012-04-21, 08:55 AM
I'm looking for a way to gain Improved Grapple on a build strapped for feats. It can't be core or SRD, as those are not allowed in the game. If I get the feat from a non-core/SRD source, it should be allowed. I have three levels available.

Darrin
2012-04-21, 09:13 AM
I'm looking for a way to gain Improved Grapple on a build strapped for feats. It can't be core or SRD, as those are not allowed in the game. If I get the feat from a non-core/SRD source, it should be allowed. I have three levels available.

Is Unearthed Arcana considered core/SRD? If not, then Bear Totem Barbarian 2 will work.

Jeff the Green
2012-04-21, 09:17 AM
The Lists of Stuff gives these ways:

Animal Lord (CA) 6
Drunken Master (CW) 6
Justiciar (CW) 2
Reaping Mauler (CW) 1

Just because Reaping Mauler sucks, I'd go with Justiciar.

Amakule
2012-04-21, 09:22 AM
Indeed, Unearthed Arcana and Expanded Psionics Handbook are both SRD.

Both of those PrCs require feats unobtainable to get in as well.
Where is this "List of Stuff"?

Draz74
2012-04-21, 12:07 PM
Check out Magic of Incarnum; I believe a couple of Soulmelds give Improved Grapple. Kraken Mantle, for one, IIRC.

Flickerdart
2012-04-21, 01:00 PM
Indeed, Unearthed Arcana and Expanded Psionics Handbook are both SRD.

Both of those PrCs require feats unobtainable to get in as well.
Where is this "List of Stuff"?
Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff).

Improved Grapple is a Fighter Bonus Feat. Could you dip Warblade to take it?

Draz74
2012-04-21, 06:25 PM
Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff).

Improved Grapple is a Fighter Bonus Feat. Could you dip Warblade to take it?

Warblades don't get Fighter bonus feats ... or are you just trying to mash the OP's houserule together with the Warblade line that says he can qualify for feats as if he were a Fighter? I don't think that works, since prerequisites for the feat aren't the issue. The issue is that the feat is banned, unless something (non-Core) specifically gives it to you.