PDA

View Full Version : [SAGA] Saving Throws??

Greymane
2012-04-21, 01:40 PM
I hope the Star Wars SAGA system qualifies for this board. I wasn't sure where else to put it.

A few people in our group have put up interest saying they want to give a Star Wars game a shot. After some thinking, I opted to go with SAGA instead of the old Revised Core d20 system. Mostly because Revised Core heavily favors Force-users, and also SAGA seems to be held in rather high regard as far as system design is concerned.

That said, I've been going through the Core book, and it doesn't appear to have Saving Throws, but instead has defenses like 4E. Okay, fine, just a little different. However, when I was going over the Skills section, the Acrobatics skill calls out for a Reflex Save to catch a ledge if you fall while balancing. I've looked around and I don't see anything resembling saving throws so far. What does this mean? Have I just not found it, or is it a copy/paste error from another book?

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-21, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that was fixed in the errata.

If you're going to run SW SAGA, the best piece of advice I can give you is to download the official errata files. There are quite a lot of them, and most of the updates are seriously helpful. It also comes with a list of clarifications for places where the rules weren't entirely clear.

Also, most SWRPG questions get posted in the "Older D&D and Other Systems" subforum FYI.