PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] How do Knockback (feat - RoS) and Brutal Surge (enchantment - MiC) interact?

Laniius
2012-04-21, 04:27 PM
Why yes, I AM making a dungeon crasher.

tyckspoon
2012-04-21, 04:33 PM
I'd say you make two Bull Rush checks and move the victim the distance determined by the more successful check. Using both would give you better odds of success against unusually resistant targets (although Knockback can give you really good chances of success anyway if you can find a way to do a hefty Power Attack). You would not actually Dungeoncrash the target twice- he's only moved once, regardless of how many times you actually made Bull Rush checks against him.

Flickerdart
2012-04-21, 04:36 PM
As I read it, you get to make two separate bull rush attempts when you hit. However, if you can't move into the defender's space (a prerequisite for initiating a bull rush) then you can't make it, so you'll probably only get one bull rush out of it anyway.

Laniius
2012-04-21, 04:46 PM
Thanks! On a semi-related note, is it more expensive to make a weapon out of adamantine if it is larger than medium?

My guy is wielding a huge maul two-handed (large + strongarm bracers).

Flickerdart
2012-04-21, 05:23 PM
Strongarm Bracers and Powerful Build don't stack - both let you wield a weapon of one size category larger than you really are, but neither actually changes your size category.

Laniius
2012-04-21, 06:06 PM
Strongarm Bracers and Powerful Build don't stack - both let you wield a weapon of one size category larger than you really are, but neither actually changes your size category.

Powerful build is for girly men. I'm a half-ogre.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-04-21, 10:14 PM
I can't cite anything on RAW about the differences in price for materials greater than medium/large because the most items are only listed as certain size due to assumed player-size limitations.

Extrapolating is possible, but then you get material problems of coats vs solid steel vs other things that kill catgirls. The easiest solution is the metalline weapon property that allows you to change the composition at the cost of a standard action. You can find it in the MiC, page 38.

There may be another property that does similar for cheaper, but I don't know for sure.