PDA

View Full Version : Deamon's Seal races (3.5 races please Peach)(Massively WIP)

Virdish
2012-04-21, 04:28 PM
This will be a list of custom Races for my campaign setting Deamon's Seal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238404)

Ilari
Ilari
The Ilari are an amphibious race just as much at home under the crashing waves as with their feet on solid ground. They are quick and inquisitive

Personality
Ilari are inquisitive to a fault, personifying the saying "curiosity killed the cat". They are playful and make easy friends. Many Ilari see breaking the rules as a fun distraction so long as they don't get caught. They are insufferable to the more stalwart races but once they get past this initial reaction many people count them among their closest friends as they are fiercely loyal to those they care for.

Physical Description
Ilari are small and lithe when compared to their Human counterparts, standing around 5 to 5 and a half feet tall. Their lithe frames hide more strength then one might guess though and many people have made the mistake of underestimating them based on appearance. Ilari skin tone varies from almost white to dark blue. In place of hair they have vine-like tendrils that come to shoulder length in males and to the middle of the back on females. These tendrils will usually closely conform to the rest of their skin though some vary greatly. Ilari have opaque eyes with no pupils and their faces are childlike in appearance.

Alignment
Ilari tend heavily towards chaos, as their free spirits rebel from the constrictors of law. Ilari are more often Neutral then either good or evil though both alignments are possible. Evil Ilari usually leave Ilari society in favor of more dedicated places.

Religion
Ilari worship Perin, God of the Deep, and Lillith, Mistress of the tides. Even Ilari who do not actively worship them usually still honor them whether in fear or respect.

Game Statistics
Stat Mods; +2 dex, -2 wis. Ilari are nimble and quick on their feet but they tend to be shortsighted.
Size; As a Medium creature Ilari gain no bonus's or penalties due to size.
Speed: 20 ft.
Amphibious: An Ilari is very adapted to life in the water. They are capable of both breathing under and above water.
Waterborn: An Ilari is a capable swimmer, and is quite quick and graceful in water. +2 Dex in water, Swim speed 30 ft.
Low-light vision: An Ilari can see twice as far as a human in low-light conditions.
Aquasense: An Ilari is capable of detecting motion within 10 ft. when under water. This functions as blindsense with a 10 ft. radius when submerged in water.
Automatic languages; Common, and Ildren
Bonus languages; Any

Human

Narzul (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241931)- Brought to life by Vilpich

Lira

Uazi

Teral

Virdish
2012-04-22, 10:06 AM
Post saved

Virdish
2012-04-22, 10:09 AM
Another saved post

Virdish
2012-04-28, 03:23 PM
Now safe to post. Kids broke my keyboard so I haven't been able to update

Xechon
2012-05-04, 11:34 AM
Ilari
The Ilari are an amphibious race just as much at home under the crashing waves as with their feet on solid feet. They are quick and inquisitive

Feet on solid ground, right?

Personality
Ilari are inquisitive to a fault, personifying the saying "curiosity killed the cat". They are playful and make easy friends. Many Ilari see breaking the rules as a fun distraction so long as they don't get caught. They are insufferable to the more stalwart races but once they get past this initial reaction many people count them among their closest friends as they are fiercely loyal to those they care for.

I'm getting a feeling of humanoid, amphibious household cat. Just makingsure that's what you were going for.

Physical Description
Ilari are small and lithe when compared to their Human counterparts, standing around 5 to 5 and a half feet tall. Their lithe frames hide more strength then one might guess though and many people have made the mistake of underestimating them based on appearance. Ilari skin tone varies from almost white to dark blue. In place of hair they have vine-like tendrils that come to shoulder length in males and to the middle of the back on females. These tendrils will usually closely conform to the rest of their skin though some vary greatly. Ilari have opaque eyes with no pupils and their faces are childlike in appearance.

The eyes demand a special vision type, the thin stature with greater than apparent strength seems to suggest a Con penalty, but none to strength.

Alignment
Ilari tend heavily towards chaos, as their free spirits rebel from the constrictors of law. Ilari are more often Neutral then either good or evil though both alignments are possible. Evil Ilari usually leave Ilari society in favor of more dedicated places.

More dedicated places? please explain.

Religion
Ilari worship Perin, God of the Deep, and Lillith, Mistress of the tides. Even Ilari who do not actively worship them usually still honor them whether in fear or respect.

Sounds like a Wis bonus to me.

Game Statistics
Stat Mods; +2 dex, -2 wis. Ilari are nimble and quick on their feet but they tend to be shortsighted.
Size; As a Medium creature Ilari gain no bonus's or penalties due to size.
Speed; 50 ft, swim speed 30 ft
Amphibious; Ilari have gills behind their ears as well as the ability to breath through their lungs like normal humanoids. They can breath on land and in water.
Automatic languages; Common, and Ildren
Bonus languages; Any

I am getting that a main feature of this race is their ability to function underwater. And that 50 ft. land speed is not clicking. I suggest something like this:

-2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
Size: Medium. As a Medium creature Ilari gain no bonus's or penalties due to size.
Speed: 20 ft.
Amphibious: An Ilari is very adapted to life in the water. They are capable of both breathing under and above water.
Waterborn: An Ilari is a capable swimmer, and is quite quick and graceful in water. +2 Dex in water, Swim speed 30 ft.
Low-light vision: An Ilari can see twice as far as a human in low-light conditions.
Aquasense: An Ilari is capable of detecting motion within 10 ft. when under water. This functions as blindsense with a 10 ft. radius when submerged in water.

How's that?

Virdish
2012-05-04, 01:04 PM
Overall it looks good though a couple issues. First giving them a con penalty would meen that two races out of six are taking a con penalty the second is that the adjustments give them a net +2 while the other races have a net 0. The second problem could be rectified by giving the other races a net +2 though I don't know about con while it thematically fits its an important stat to most classes and having two races with it may lead to a more caster heavy game

I'll make the other changes though and yes I was going for an almost cat like feeling. lol. Though if you think it's too much they could always be toned down.

Edit: Also do you thin kI should give these guys there own thread and just use this as a list thread or just change the name and call this the Ilari's Thread?

Xechon
2012-05-04, 03:10 PM
I'm just saying that this seems better for the fluff than what's given. I see what you're doing with the races now, and to compensate one or the other would have to change (maybe change tfe halfling penalty to str, or this races could be dex out of water, waterborn makes it 0). However, for the second point, a con is worth both a cha and wis combined (DM guide, section on creating races).

And the feel is all yours. I kind of like the image of sea kittens I get from it.

Virdish
2012-05-04, 03:19 PM
I can change the Uazi to str I mean they do live in the desert so they must be able to survive that. Yes their hearts give out at 20 but their not too frail. These guys will get Con minus and the Uazi will take a strength hit.

I like my sea kitties. One of my favorite races in the beginning of making Daemon's Seal was these guys.

Xechon
2012-05-11, 12:07 PM
As requested:

The Lira

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNQhWp0vdHJraaAE71QifGXLBLokktQ _R40Rzsw7hM4X2MKly6

Personality: Lira are an odd race, at least to the other inhabitants of Nerius. They are very neutral to people of other races, seeing them as lesser because of less advanced technology, and they believe that all of the other races are dependent on them for those items. Very proud of their people and their discoveries, if either are challenged they become enraged. This is most often the reason that Lira go to war, on the rare occasions when they do.

Physical Description: Most Lira are slightly taller than the average human, and if not than quite a bit shorter. They are very skinny and have an awkward gait; to most, along with their fondness of obnoxious styles in their clothing, hair, and tools, they appear very clown-like. But they hold the secrets of superior technology, so don't tell them that...

Relations: Coming from across the near-endless sea, the Lira are not very familiar with most of the races in Nerius. The extent of their relationship with most peoples is the buying and selling of technologically advanced goods, which all Lira seem to be able to craft to some extent. They are very outward with their own kind, however, and around close friends.

Alignment: Lira naturally follow the laws of their land out of sheer respect for their nation overseas. Therefore, most of them are lawful, but do not appear so instantly to others as their laws are a lot less strict than most other countries'. They usually care for themselves over others, however, neither good nor evil until a circumstance would benefit one over the other.

Lira Lands: (try saying that 10 times fast) The Lira hail from their country overseas, Tera. No one knows what these look like except for the few Lira who made the journey back to Nerius, but even they wont tell.

Religion: Lira tend not to believe in religion, favoring their own science and discoveries over such nonsense.

Adventurers: Lira adventure to discover more about the world in which they live, from a scientific perspective. They look for new materials, ingredients for potions, and new views on old beliefs. They fight to analyze their foe's skills, and to create methods and technology to counter them. They live to learn.

Lira Racial Traits
+2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. Lira are inquisitive and creative, but awkward and aloof.

Medium. As medium creatures, Lira have no special bonuses or penalties based on size.

Base land speed of 30 feet.

Weapon Proficiency: Lira are automatically proficient with firearms, and any weapon that mentions the Lira in its name.

+2 Racial Bonus on any 2 craft skills. The Lira are taught from youth how to fashion technology and create substances, as part of their required education.

Add 2 Knowledge skills to the Lira's skill list with all classes he takes. The lira are always looking for knowledge, and have been taught how to seek it out.

Bonus Feat: Lira gain a bonus feat at first level; this represents their childhood education in Tera, or from their Liran parents.

Favored Class: I dunno, really

Okay, I will work on the Teral soon, critque and PEACH please!

Virdish
2012-05-11, 12:13 PM
I'll take the Teral as I have a very concrete idea of who they are. I like what you did with the Lira they seem a lot more interesting then what I was going for with them and this is good. Thank you.