PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Ontario books

Thumperganker
2012-04-21, 08:33 PM
Hey i lived in southern ontario, canada. Does anyone know any shops that still sell 3.5 dnd books? most of the ones i go to only have 4th now

Water_Bear
2012-04-21, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure this is the best spot for this thread. :smallconfused:

Also; D&D 3.5 has been out of print for years. If you want hard-copy books you will need to go to Ebay or other websites to buy used books.

Of course, since 3.5 is out of print I'm pretty sure it's legal to download scans of PDFs now. Don't quote me on that but I'm under the impression that you have to prove loss of revenue in those kinds of cases and D&D 3.5 is not being sold by its owners, Wizards of the Coast.

Then again, you're in Canada. Who knows how copyright laws work so far up north. :smalltongue:

bartman
2012-04-21, 09:43 PM
I an in the sane general area, and all the stores I have visited have sold out of 3.5 material. I think your best bet would be ebay, or maybe kijiji for a local sale.

Edit: Bah, ninja'd

CyMage
2012-04-21, 09:45 PM
Your best bet might be used book stores at this point. Or maybe a post in a game shop that you're looking to buy 3.5 books if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs.

Thumperganker
2012-04-21, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions
:)

BIGMamaSloth
2012-04-21, 09:58 PM
If you live in Toronto or are willing to make a trek into Toronto; The Gaming, comic book and general nerd stuff Store "Hairy Tarantula" is really good for Roleplaying books. Most times I've been there they have had 3.5 or 3.0 books but there usually not the popular ones that get cited on sites like these. You probably won't find The complete series or the monster manuals or Tome of battle, But I personally picked up my copy of Heroes of Battle and Dragon Magic there. I'm afraid you're gonna find a similar selection in most shops, as 3.5 has been out of print for nearly 5 years I believe. If you really need specific books, Amazon is your best friend. Hope this helps.