PDA

View Full Version : M&M ya....help me screw over some dudes that switched to M&M(3e)

randomhero00
2012-04-21, 08:58 PM
Mutants and Masterminds(3e)....

Soooooooooo.......yeah....I spend over a weak learning a different system (I won't say which just in case they search, and it was a HARD to learn system.....) and they end up changing the system AT THE LAST MINUTE! I mean within a few days!!!

Anyways. they end up deciding to play mutants and masterminds 3e...

...So I hear M&M has lots of loop holes. I want to make the most b*da*ss character that will make them weep!

I want to make them pay!

Please help me make a broken character!!!

randomhero00
2012-04-21, 09:08 PM
What the title says. Ive come into a recent situation which has been very similar...

Roland St. Jude
2012-04-21, 09:11 PM
Talk to them about it like mature individuals.

You might want to be more specific, if you expect meaningful responses.

randomhero00
2012-04-21, 09:13 PM
Talk to them about it like mature individuals.

You might want to be more specific, if you expect meaningful responses.

Ok sorry. They decided to play a new game without me.

Sucrose
2012-04-21, 09:24 PM

I can't see how that is related to the rules of the game. It seems to be more a matter of the social contract. Find out why they wish to play without you, and think on whether their reasons for avoiding you for this game are legitimate. It may be that they don't think you'll fit into the game for some reason, or you might have schedule conflicts with parts of the game that you do not know about.

In any case, and even if their reason isn't very reasonable, realize that no one is obligated to invite anyone else to a game that they wish to play. This isn't some inheritance that you have an innate claim to acquire. You can argue about whether their reason is sensible, but it is still ultimately their decision.

If their decision to exclude you means that you aren't playing as much as you would like, you can try to set up your own game.

The Glyphstone
2012-04-21, 09:59 PM
Great Modthulhu: One thread, one topic please.

And for good measure, you're unlikely to get any useful advice here with your motives out in the open like this - if you're determined to be 'That Guy', the problem player they never invite back to another game, there's plenty of ways to do it.

Beleriphon
2012-04-21, 10:09 PM
Mutants and Masterminds(3e)....

Soooooooooo.......yeah....I spend over a weak learning a different system (I won't say which just in case they search, and it was a HARD to learn system.....) and they end up changing the system AT THE LAST MINUTE! I mean within a few days!!!

Anyways. they end up deciding to play mutants and masterminds 3e...

...So I hear M&M has lots of loop holes. I want to make the most b*da*ss character that will make them weep!

I want to make them pay!

Please help me make a broken character!!!

Use all 150 Points in the widest possible Variable effect you can manage. There you go, you can do anything whenever you want from round to round. Or just AE everything off of one power and call is magic. Or use Duplication with the Heroic Extra and the extera to summon a million duplicates all at once.

Breaking M&M is easy, but the rules also make it clear the GM can veto any character you create.

Ashtagon
2012-04-22, 01:33 AM

Have you considered that perhaps the reason they decided to play a new game was because they feel you have a habit of making broken characters?

The goal of a game is to have fun, not punish others.

Aasimar
2012-04-22, 08:30 AM
If you show up with only the intention to make others have as miserable a time as you can, you can't expect people to keep playing with you.

It's ludicrous.

randomhero00
2012-04-22, 10:19 AM
1. I apologize guys. It ticked me off so much I got drunk. I shouldn't have posted.

2. I've never played with them before. This is a new group. And the social events I've met them at they seem to quite like me. So they aren't trying to squeeze me out or anything.

3. I changed my mind about being difficult.

The Glyphstone
2012-04-22, 11:05 AM
Dosting while prunk is NEVER a good idea.