PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking Feats for high level NPCs

Croverus
2012-04-22, 08:02 AM
Hey guys, trying to stat out a few high level NPCs that will be interacting with my Epic Level PCs, but I'm having trouble with picking out Feats.

The first NPC is a Human Fighter 8/Cavalier 12

The idea is not to make him cheesey, he's just an NPC is all. But he should still be a badass (or at least as badass as an NPC can get when he's only 10 point buy). If my Numbers are correct he should have 2 Teamwork Feats, 1 Bonus Feat from Cavalier, His Bonus 1st level feat from being human, 5 Bonus feats from being a Fighter, and then 10 Feats from Leveling.

His ability scores are: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 12 (That's 10 point buy for ya)

His mount is a Large wolf. He's the captain of a forward outpost of an army that is invading Abaddon. So he's fought his fair share of demons, daemons, and devils.

Also his Wolf Mount gets 5 Feats but I'll worry about that later.

Omegas
2012-04-22, 08:40 AM
Do you picture him as a ground pounded or more of a cavalry officer?

Croverus
2012-04-22, 09:25 AM
He's one of maybe 3 mounted officers, the rest of the 500 troops under his command are all foot soldiers. But he will fight from wolf-back a lot.

Cieyrin
2012-04-22, 10:42 AM
He should probably have the Mounted Combat chain through Mounted Skirmisher and Teamwork feats like Precise Strike, Coordinated Maneuvers and Cavalry Formation for directing his troops via Tactician and probably specialize in a weapon like a lance or possibly a polearm like a halberd or glaive. Probably some investment in Power Attack chain, which combines well with Spirited Charge.

Croverus
2012-04-22, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Are there any feats for fighters/cavaliers that would help them fighting demons and devils?

deuxhero
2012-04-23, 01:16 AM
3.5 or PF? They both have VERY different cavaliers and 10 PB reserved for NPCs at best.

Cieyrin
2012-04-23, 01:33 PM
3.5 or PF? They both have VERY different cavaliers and 10 PB reserved for NPCs at best.

Given he's getting more than 10 levels of Cavalier pre-epic, I would assume he means the PF Cavalier, not the 3.5 PrC. :smallwink: