PDA

View Full Version : Grafting Fix

Madara
2012-04-22, 09:38 AM
So, as you all know, the grafting rules are...weaker than the other item creation counter-parts. Here is the redo.

Create Graft [Item Creation]

Prerequisite:Caster level 5th.

Benefit:You can create any graft item whose prerequisites you meet. Creating a Graft takes one days for each 500 gp in its price. To create a graft, the graft donor must spend 1/25 of the item’s price in XP and use up raw materials costing half of this price.

In order to create a graft, the creator must have the proper lab equipment, which costs 500gp.

Special: Wizards, and Artificers may select this feat as a bonus feat.

Bizarre Grafter

Prerequisite: Create Graft

Benefit: You may use a donor that has the same type as the one normally required for a graft in place of the normal donor requirement.
For example, you could take a Genie's arm to make a devil graft.

Normal: You have to obtain the graft from the specific donor.

Special: Wizards and Artificers may select this feat as a bonus feat.

Madara
2012-04-22, 09:39 AM
reserved for specific grafts(Feel free to submit some)

Pennance
2012-04-22, 11:19 AM
As a magic item junkie at heart I'll be honest, I want crafting to be absurdly OP.
However http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190350 this list here will hold pretty much anything your heart desires and is mmmmmostly balanced. I would say the reason grafts feel so weak is the fact that they don't take up slots, and offer versatile stacking buffs.

If you incorporate Eberron's grafts it gets both weaker and stronger, which is irksome, but hey, the point is grafting is not terribly terribly wrong as is, but as you can see from that link, it's generally disliked at base, and thus fluffed up. If you come up with some new things to sear into people's flesh I'd love to see it!