PDA

View Full Version : Drow Books

White_Drake
2012-04-22, 11:38 AM
Hello, I was writing a Drow centric adventure, and I was wondering what might some good books be?

Jeraa
2012-04-22, 11:48 AM
Drow of the Underdark and Underdark are the only 2 that come to mind at the moment.

CGforever!
2012-04-22, 12:09 PM
If you mean novels, check out Dissolution. It's fantastic and the author really understands drow.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-22, 12:12 PM
I second both the supplement Drow of the Underdark and the novel Dissolution. Both are not only informative, but tons of fun to read.

Yora
2012-04-22, 12:15 PM
In addition to Underdark, there are actually two completely different books both called Drow of the Underdark from different editions, and the old "Driz'zt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark".

FMArthur
2012-04-22, 03:42 PM
Just read Lord of the Flies. Tone down the intelligence and cooperation a bit. Give them a petulant spider-queen deity (aka queengod, not to be mistaken for godqueen) whose double-edged affection depends on just how stupid and counterproductive one's particular group can manage to be on any particular day. They desperately crave such affection and are religious zealots for it.

Now pretend that they are unparallelled masters at everything for some reason; magic, martial arts, crafting, manipulation, stealth, etc. Make sure their leaders are super-aloof generic nobility.

That's drow.