PDA

View Full Version : HUD/View Screens/Tactical Interface

RFLS
2012-04-23, 07:43 PM
I have a question regarding HUDs, radar, etc. I'm running a fairly high tech game, with about steampunk level technology. Lots of mechanical constructs, electricity, mechanical limbs, etc. I allow my group to make "Innovate" checks to come up with novel mechanisms, and then they make a "Craft(Mechanism)" check to build it for the appropriate prices. I've been largely basing these mechanisms off of spells of a similar price, as this system is part of an effort to remove the t1 class, who gain a ton of power with their control of magic items. Anyway. Digression aside, here's the question-

I have a player that's making a mechanical suit, and I've been working with him on all the systems. One system he wants is viewscreens for left/right/back/up. I have no idea what to base this on. I feel as though the 80k price obtained by clairvoyance+permanency is far too high, even ignoring that you can't use permanency on clairvoyance, but I don't know how else to achieve this effect. Does anyone have a magic device with similar effects? The result should be 360 degree vision unimpeded, +<reasonable number here> to Spot. This should not remove the possibility of surprise rounds, but it should make it much harder.

bobthe6th
2012-04-23, 07:55 PM
synthese? eh, not realy...
zombie eyes? close...
touch sight? similer...
aha! false sensory imput (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/falseSensoryInput.htm)