PDA

View Full Version : Is Revised BESM d20 Compatible with 3.5 D&D?

Empedocles
2012-04-23, 11:44 PM
As the title says. I'm wondering if using some elements of BESM d20 would work. Obviously it would require some tweaking but is it more or less feasible without breaking the game?

Strormer
2012-04-24, 12:26 AM
The short answer is yes, but I'd recommend against it. In my experience with besm d20 it's better to just make some minor changes to standard dnd and fluff to taste.

Empedocles
2012-04-24, 12:31 AM
The short answer is yes, but I'd recommend against it. In my experience with besm d20 it's better to just make some minor changes to standard dnd and fluff to taste.

Well, specifically, I'm wondering if the classes could coexist together? One of my favorite tricks as a DM is to use a lot of obscure/3rd party classes to give my NPCs new tricks they won't recognize, and this looks like a great resource to do that with...

tyckspoon
2012-04-24, 12:34 AM
Well, specifically, I'm wondering if the classes could coexist together? One of my favorite tricks as a DM is to use a lot of obscure/3rd party classes to give my NPCs new tricks they won't recognize, and this looks like a great resource to do that with...

I wouldn't recommend it; BESM d20 is one of the more poorly considered products of that "well, hey, let's all be d20 System!" period of supplements. It sort of works as a self-contained system (although if you're wanting to do anime, I'd either go with BESM proper or Mutants and Masterminds if you wanted a d20-derivative.) It really doesn't mesh well with the rest of D&D.