PDA

View Full Version : [PF IC] All the King's Men

Yeturs
2012-04-24, 01:11 AM
OOC: Okay, welcome to the game. Here is how it works. Everyone needs to pick a color. Mine is red, for NPCs it may change, but I will try to note negative things in red.

This color denotes speaking out loud. "Feel free to use quotation marks to keep it easy to read"

Italics in color denote thought, something that you want the players to know about your character, but you dont want their characters to know.

Anything you want in secret should be in spoilers. You should also only open a spoiler with your name on it. This works on the honor system, so be good chillen.

Some spoilers say all, go ahead and open those. Some spoilers have a skill in front of them, like thi. Unless it says a name AND a skill, you open this.

Listen Good, everyone opens a skill spoiler. In here, I will roll checks for everyone. Lets say you got a 15.

after all the checks, there will be another spoiler, marked something like

DC: 15 Good, you got 15, so you can open this. There may be another, even.

DC: 20 BAD, NO, YOU DIDNT GET 20!

Naturally you wouldn't open that, as you only got 15.

Also, everyone has a default action. A rogue would hide, for example, while a wizard will attempt a free knowledge check. I will pick something for you, but just tell me if you want it to be different.

Also, you are not allowed to edit posts for anything but spelling/grammar. I will know if you change your amount of rolls, the forum tells me.

Oh, that attack I put on facebook? Here is is on here (Assuming I can edit in rolls)

I would like a link of your character sheet in your signature, please.

Other then that, let the games begin... after this post, of course.

Yeturs
2012-04-24, 02:05 AM
The Chalice of Chromatus. For years, you have sought this ancient and powerful grail. It is said that with it, one could drink in the very essence of the multiverse and become a god.

Until now, you had heard only myth and legend. Until this fateful night, in a dank tavern, you had nothing concrete to go on, only rumors and hearsay. That would all change tonight.

We join our "Heroes" as they near the end of their search, in an old tavern in the capitol of this far-from-home land, Cydonia.

You walk into this little tavern. The Chained Minstrel, was it? Ah well, some old tiny pub in a busy town, overlooked by all but the most desperate of drunks. Just your kind of crowd, not that you like them much.

You are ready to make a few pieces, then skip on out of here.

The bar is nearly empty when you walk in. You are just here with your closest of friends, the real skill behind the troupe. You all take your varies seats about the bar, getting ready for a con you have pulled a thousand times before.

You look about the tiny room. You can see the bartender, a fat man, wiping down a dingy glass. In the corner, there is what used to be a man, as now he is only bone dressed in old and faded, but surely once bright, clothes. On his hands an ancient and broken instrument. He must have been the Minstrel, as he is chained to the wall by thick manacles.

There are a few patrons here, a big man in a booth alone, a downtrodden woman at a table, and a skinny dwarf at the bar. Just enough to make this worth it, you think. Just enough to be here.

What do you do?

Bedivere
2012-04-24, 03:46 AM
Ahri Mariette surveyed the shadowy tavern with dismay. These jobs are so pathetic it pains me. Our talents are wasted. Yet her displeasure never registered to her companions, for the lady was ever silent. Just as well, few had seen Ahri's face for it remained obscured by a mask of finely sculpted porcelain. Nobody could read her. Except, perhaps, Draezin.

She strode into the room, skirts billowing behind her. Auburn hair that reflected the faintest slivers of moonlight fell to the small of her back. The observant eye would catch the glint of steel at her hip. Her white mask and regal stature quickly drew the eyes of the few patrons. Ahri stood stone still in the largest open place she could find, awaiting the cue from her companions to begin.

Weikel
2012-04-24, 04:50 AM
Draezin walked to a wall along the side and leaned against it. His hood was up, so nobody caught the hue of his skin, and the small horns weren't looked upon by those around, as they were barely visible and the eyes of all were on the woman moving to the center of the room.

And so we begin. I may not hear the signal, but i will see her begin the dance. Its always strangely alluring to watch, but there are more important things. Somebody is going to die today, and i will enjoy every minute of it. They make it so easy with the dirty looks and open hatred. They practically throw themselves at my mercy. But even the strongest will go down with a bullet in their head, and I'll come out of it richer, not to mention much happier.

Looking around, he sized each man up. Noting a sour expression on a face or two. One of these people would react to him when he removed his hood, and that's when he would make his move. Move towards the man and prod him until he did what I wanted. Any outright hostile action will give me adequate grounds for a challenge, and then they'll regret the mistake. A quick feel at his belt told him his gun was in place, all he was waiting for now was the beginning of a dance.

lordbuxton
2012-04-26, 01:31 AM
Bodega's hollow black eyes stared uselessly at the ground as he approached the bar. He had been to many a place such as this in his travels, and graced the ears of many a men such as these. Well on in years, his fiery swagger had cooled just enough to allow him to blend in when the situation demanded. After quickly guzzling down a pint of steaming buttered rum, Bodega probed the barkeep for useful information.
"Whats a good word? And why is that man shackled to yonder wall?

Goobercheese
2012-04-26, 01:34 AM
Malic, covered in black garb, took a seat at the booth nearest to the door, his back to the wall. Milky white eyes, devoid of pupils, peered out from under his hood. He surveyed the small tavern with distaste. There was no glory for him here, only a twisted game.

Oh, well. Battle or no battle. At least I get paid, He thought.

Tasting the air with his forked tongue, he settled in his seat to casually observe the slaughter. He would intervene if needed, but he doubted that it would come to that. They were far too good by now to have any trouble with this size of crowd.

Yeturs
2012-04-26, 03:43 AM
"Whats a good word? And why is that man shackled to yonder wall?

The fat man behind the bar doesn't even glance up. "That's old Yorik. Used to sing for us. Some patron didn't like his... tune. Messed him up real good, said if we ever moved him we would get it to." One eye, from beneath a busy eyebrow, looks up at Bodega "And we ain't one to say no to a patron.

Anyway, ain't much going on. Not tonight. Durkon here might know somethin', he used to be on the up and up of such things."

The dwarf at the bar looks up, jittery. You can see just how gaunt he is now, a lamentable state for a dwarf. His drink bubbles slightly as his quivering hand holds it.

He opens his mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. He clears his thought, before he continues in a squeamish voice. Well, squeamish for a dwarf, it is hard to tell over his think dwarven accent.

"Aye, ther alw'ys be th' bounty goin 'bout. Dunnno any more then tha', though. Ere, I won be needin' it."

He hands you a small slip of paper, folded in half.

Bodega This paper seems rather new, and aside from a few small sweat stains and tears, it is in good condition. It had a seal on it, some wax emblem. That seal is broken, and the paper can be easily opened.

In yellow letters along its border, you make out the words "Urgent: Needed, All Kings Men!"

Care to read it? You open the letter, slowly. The feeling of paper in your fingers and the smell of fresh ink assault you for a moment. Paper is rare, something that requires this much care should be important.

At its top, it say 'Bounty!' in large, friendly letters. Below that is a rather... intriguing reward. It claims to grant a wish for each participant of the party to bring in the shady character detailed.

The man detailed within is described as Geralf "Mad-Man" Perince He is described as a light man, and rather short. His face seems distinctive enough.

You take close notes of his face... (Picture)http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/alchemist-sketch-dorianne-dutrieux.jpg

Know: Local [roll0]
Bardic Lore [roll1]

(One success or the other will do)

Both DC:10
Geralf... You remember that name! He used to work for the trope, many years ago. Seems he has made a name for himself. You remember he was skilled in mixing chemicals and other things of that nature, but not true magic.

DC: 15: Geralf must have moved to this part, after he left the trope. Seems to have made a name for himself... you wonder why he could be here.

Oh, wait! He was the one who told you about the The Chalice of Chromatus! Could... could it be near here?

You can only hope he can give you a clue.

After this, the man goes back to regarding his drink. The barkeep takes one look at the letter, and looks back to his dingy glass. An off putting silence deafens you.

What do you do?

lordbuxton
2012-04-26, 09:56 PM
Bodega sniffs the note with three shallow drafts through his nose, then bites a corner off and chews on it. Ruminating contemplatively, he swallows his bite and shoves the note into his pocket approaching old Yorik as he does.

Readying his fiddle, Bodega draws one long breath about the Minstrel and turns to the fat man behind the bar.

"Mr. Bartender sir, if I may ask just two more questions before I begin my performance. What would you have us do to free this gifted music maker? And could you point us in a direction helpful to catch said lawless bountied rabblerouser?

Weikel
2012-04-27, 12:17 AM
Draezin began to bore of waiting. He could tell that Bodega was being his usual talkative self by the flapping of his lips, but didn't care enough to actually read the lips. He could see that Bodega was particularly interested in the skeleton chained to the wall.

What a fool. The man is dead, be he an entertainer or not, you should pay him no heed. Get on with the playing already. If i cared more, I would start early, but i can be patient. No need to anger these things i know as companions. It was a similar argument to that which he used to explain why he was benevolent to his lowly slave. The man, Dog, as Draezin called him, was a simple minded man with no intention of abandoning Draezin, because no other slave master would neglect to beat him. But Draezin hated him mildly less than other humans, as he had never seen any disgust in the man's eyes at seeing his master. Dog was useful from time to time, carrying bags, striking camp and finding firewood when needed.

Draezin made his way to sit across from Malic, a slightly closer seat to the other patrons, not catching the man's eye as he leaned back in his chair, waiting for the blind player to get the plan into action.

Yeturs
2012-04-27, 02:38 AM
The note safely enters Bodega's pocket, good to read (if a bit more damaged) later.

"Mr. Bartender sir, if I may ask just two more questions before I begin my performance. What would you have us do to free this gifted music maker?"

The fat bartender looks up at Bodega with a look of surprise. "Cant you see man, Yorik has been dead for some time! Musta been at least six years he been lyin there."

"And could you point us in a direction helpful to catch said lawless bountied rabblerouser?

Diplomacy: [roll0]

If [roll0] > 15, All:The bartender pauses for a moment, considering you. "Well... Come here. I will tell ye a bit more about im.

His name was Geralf, you see." The Dwarf at the bar visibly blanches. "He rolled into town here, gave Yorik some kinda drink. Made him play that old fiddle of his like magic. Beautiful sounds.

Trouble was, he couldn't stop. After a while of playing, he realized this. Geralf just laughed at him, took him for the fool. Old Yorik played till he dropped dead of exhaustion. Poor way to go, if you ask me.

We put the chains on his body, as per Geralf's "Request". He said the booze here had some kinda catalyst in it, and he could make everyone who ever drank here go boom if we didn't.

And that would be bad fer business."

Bodega: Know: Local: [roll1]
Bardic Lore: [roll2]

If either beats DC 10, Bodega:Geralf... You remember that name! He used to work for the trope, many years ago. Seems he has made a name for himself. You remember he was skilled in mixing chemicals and other things of that nature, but not true magic.

DC: 15: Geralf must have moved to this part, after he left the trope. Seems to have made a name for himself... you wonder why he could be here.

Oh, wait! He was the one who told you about the The Chalice of Chromatus! Could... could it be near here?

You can only hope he can give you a clue.

If [roll0] < 15, All:The Barman pauses for a moment, considering this. "Well, as I figure, telling people about what happened is only going to make it happen again. So no, I doubt I can tell you anythin about it."

"But Please," The fat barman continues "Play us a song. Haven't had music in here since old Yorik bit it."

Bedivere
2012-05-01, 09:05 PM
Ahri stood poised and statuesque behind her porcelain mask. Yet the seconds ticked by ever so slowly in her head. She had significantly less patience for these social calls than Bodega. Can the fool not see I am ready to perform? Must I wait for an eternity? Half the patrons still had their eyes on their mugs rather than the performers. Ahri sighed, metaphorically of course.

She broke pose and strode over to Draezin. The two had worked out a tentative truce, seeing as his telepathy was vital to the group. She eyed the contraptions at his side, wondering why she and Bodega hadn't found a more traditional duelist. Alas, beggars cannot be choosers. Ahri tapped his shoulder, waiting for the link.

Weikel
2012-05-01, 10:00 PM
Draezin knew what Ahri had been intending, and removing his glove, reached up to touch her hand. It had been so long since he had heard another's actual voice, but his inherent telepathic powers gave him a short amount of sound and her thoughts always spoke in a soothing tone, implying her voice had been something beautiful. Her inner voice made him wish he could still hear, but then he remembered that she didn't talk and most were much less pleasant on the ears, as he remembered.

Ahri only (and maybe mason i guess):

"Ah, you don't know how hard it is to live with nothing but your own voice for so long. I can see the fool is flapping his gums again, as usual. I'm assuming its the typical crap that he speaks of. What is it you need? Should I loosen my gun, open my hood, fire a couple shots?"

Bedivere
2012-05-04, 12:31 AM
Ahri did not blame the demon for his violent nature, though that did not mean she liked the "man". She knew he knew this, and laughed inwardly at the jab. Of course Draezin knew, he was reading her mind.

Draezin
No, foolish redskin. Tell Bodega that we should forgo this miserable job. The bounty sounds more interesting.

Weikel
2012-05-04, 01:06 AM
Draezin loathed the notion that he was a "man" as the term held too many ties with humankind. Male was a much more preferred term for him, but she knew this. While the woman's smooth inner voice could put him at ease, her cold jabs were much less pleasant. Draezin smirked at the girl and considered her words. Whatever bounty she was talking about could be a large amount. He had no idea what it was Bodega had been babbling about, but he could discern that it was of more importance than he cared to read into. Bounties were often placed on his own head, and he knew the heights they could reach. Much more than the mere coppers that they earned from these jobs. But the money wasn't his reason for the work. It was the humans. The thought of cutting short the nasty looks they shot his way. End the bastards who looked down upon him just based on his appearance. He was a nasty one in reality, but the fact that they would think themselves so much better was too much. Bounties did however often offer the allure of violence. A stray bullet wouldn't be too big a deal, especially if this one was wanted dead of alive.

Ahri
"I have no idea what bounty you speak of. I was hoping to see a dead human today, but alas, I'll have to wait. I guess I will pass on your words."

Draezin returned his hand to his glove and stood from the table, walking past Ahri to near the bar where Bodega stood. The voice that emerged from the hood was deep and throaty, yet somehow unsure sounding. The words were all pronounced correctly, yet they sounded as though they were forced through a throat unaccustomed to the language and also, slightly unused, as though the man did not talk much. The sound carried across the room, bellowing deep in each person's chest... except of course the speaker himself, as he could not hear his own words.

"Bodega, let's go, this place isn't worth our time, but this bounty seems like a simple enough task. Let's catch that man instead."

lordbuxton
2012-05-04, 03:17 AM
"Bullocks. Well, Mr. Bartender man, it looks as though I may not be able to oblige your request. Perhaps you'll unshackle poor old Yorik when we return? Ill play for your fine establishment then if'n you do.

Bodega tucks his fiddle and bow neatly under his left arm and advances to the door, excited to see the outside world.

Goobercheese
2012-05-04, 09:43 AM
Malic, observing all this with a steady eye, wonders at the particulars of the internal conversation between his two employers. But upon hearing Draezin speak of a bounty, he rose from his seat with slight interest. He made one last sweep of the bar with a practiced gaze and walked to the door, holding it open for Bodega.

"After you, good sir," Malic said. His speech was smooth as silk, but chilling to bone for all who could hear. And there was a slight emphasis on the way he pronounced his "s."

Yeturs
2012-05-05, 01:17 AM
The fat barman speaks up again "Ah, well, a shame. Do come back if you reconsider."

At his parting words, you each make your way from his run down tavern...

~~~

And so, we find our "Heroes" back again on the streets. They each had their reasons for being here, but each ultimately just wanted another day to go by, another gold piece to roll in. At least a gold was another meal...

But this bounty would change everything. This bounty was the first clue of a long line leading them to the Chalice. But first... they had to deal with Geralf.

The motley crew of performers find themselves on the streets again. The night air hangs in the sky, as if supported by the full moon above. Its chill sends icy fingers down your spine, but only for a moment. You recognize this place, this urban jungle, is always the same. In twelve hours time, this place would be bustling with people, all deadset on ignoring you, along with the bar you walked out of.

Your breath hangs in the air, just long enough to give you pause.

You realize just how little you have to go on here...

The Bounty:Only open the following spoiler if you remark in your post that you are reading the bounty in bodega's pocket. This is for reference only.

At its top, it say 'Bounty!' in large, friendly letters. Below that is a rather... intriguing reward. It claims to grant a wish for each participant of the party to bring in the shady character detailed.

The man detailed within is described as Geralf "Mad-Man" Perince He is described as a light man, and rather short. His face seems distinctive enough.

The man's face is also detailed here.
All: http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/alchemist-sketch-dorianne-dutrieux.jpg

Weikel
2012-05-09, 02:59 AM
Draezin reached up and pulled down the hood, glad to be able to display his horns now that it had nothing to do with the job. He ran his hands through the long black hair tied behind his horns, allowing it free of the robe. Draezin let loose a deep booming bark like sound, a call for Dog to come to them. The lean hunchbacked man appeared from around an alleyway, on his back a simple bag, as of now only holding Draezin's gunsmith's kit.

"Bodega, let me see that scrap of paper you were so eager to stick in your open mouth. I need to see what I let a kill go for. Dog, go fetch it from him."
Dog, a simply garbed fellow with nothing to his name, walked over to where the the bard stood and waited, as though he expected nothing.

Dog the slave's description and story:
The man was in every way an ugly man, from the ghostly pallor of his skin to the scar running down the side of his face from a more malicious master. The scar left his speech something gruff and barking, giving him the name Dog. He had been born to a slave family, knowing nothing else. The treatment he had received even among his fellow slaves had been so bad that Draezin was willing to spare him when he had laid waste to the rich farm that Dog belonged to, killing all the others. Draezin had travelled a while longer with Dog before he had found a place in the troupe.

Bedivere
2012-05-09, 07:48 PM
Ahri lithely slipped out of the tavern, relishing in her escape from the stale air within the tavern. Her companions gathered around to discuss their plan of action. Draezin, as it always seemed, contributed his rather unpleasant two coppers. She stared at the mongoloid slave as its master called, though neither could see the disdainful glare painted on her face.

Her foot tapped the ground, for she too grew impatient to learn of this bounty. More often than not, Ahri had to admit that Draezin was as sensible as he was abrasive. How the kitsune longed to speak, to express the thoughts that bounced around her mind. Even the deaf one could speak out. Though if my voice worked, our troupe would be far too productive.

lordbuxton
2012-05-11, 06:22 AM
Glad to be out of the dank and smelly tavern, Bodega inhales several times aggresively as if to cleanse his nostrils of an undesired odor. Walking into the middle of the street he withdraws the bounty and turns to hand it to Dog.

"Here you are my dandy fellow. It's not the most flavorful of things, I don't suggest eatin' it."
"Now, howabouts we go and find a place to sleep?"

Bodega, aged 59 years old had grown quite fond of sleep. His legs ached with the pain of endless miles, his feet flattened from traversing vast mapscapes. Odd freckles surrounding his mouth and medium length dandelion colored hair curved behind slightly triangular ears made him look slightly out of place in most societies. A knack for conversation had lent him a hand in combating his unique appearance among unfamiliar cowds. He was traveller at heart, seldom staying in any particular place long.

Another quest...For (insert unchosen deities name here)'s sake! When will a weary wanderer's wanderlust wear too weak?"

Goobercheese
2012-05-11, 09:53 AM
Following the others into the deserted street, Malic too removed the cloth cowl covering his face. Brilliant, dark scale-like skin and strange, serpentine features made his appearance unsettling to most. But he cared not. He was a mercenary and folks didn't hire him for his bedside manner. They hired him for both his prowess and fearlessness.

As he approached his employers, he made several odd and concise gestures with his hands. To the casual observer, it might look like he was checking multitudes of hidden pockets all along his body. However, he was merely doing a routine inspection of both the state of his clothes and the state of his flesh for any injuries. It wasn't that he was clumsy, far from it actually, but it's mighty hard to tell if something has happened when you have dead nerves.

Malic finished his examination and joined the group. With his keen eyesight, even in darkness, he noted all the subtleties of the interaction. The tiefling and his helper seemed most intent upon the bounty they were given and Malic himself quickly glanced over it, noting the man's features for future reference. Both the kitsune's seemed to long to be off, but if for different reasons. The male had his head tilted slightly up into the breeze, his hands on the straps of his pack, and displayed a small, eager smile on his face. The female, however, was wearing an exasperated expression as she shifted restlessly, staring at the two perusing the scrap of paper.

Allowing himself a smirk, Malic turned to watch the streets and rooftops in the night. There was nothing malign that he could see, but he exposed the sword at his hip nonetheless.

"If we're to take up this bounty, we might as well get going. Either way, I would recommend we be moving. City streets can be unkind to a band of troupers in the dead of night," Malic said in a low voice, mostly to the two kitsunes.

Weikel
2012-05-11, 04:03 PM
As Dog lumbered over to Draezin with the scrap of paper, he had to remark to himself how useful the man was. Without having to touch others when he did not desire to, his telepathy was not activated. Even if he did not choose to say something to someone when he touched them, they still felt a faint presence and it was obvious how unsettling it could be. While Draezin loved making humans feel uncomfortable, he did not, however, see the point in keeping his companions in such a state. Retrieving the page from Dog, he held it up to the moonlight to see it. The reward was something he was unused to. It sounded magical to him, and that was not a thing he liked much. His telepathy seemed magical to most, but it did not seem so to him. The man on the sheet looked human enough for Draezin's liking and so he decided that he was satisfied with this course of actions.

"Well then, my most odd of companions. It seems we have some work to do. I do not know about you guys, but i believe we should try to get some more information. A good interrogation could suffice. Let me rough somebody up and see what they are willing to say?... Of course, I am open to suggestions, seeing as I know how you all feel about my favorite methods. Alas, there is no rush either way, no telling how long ago this man was even in this particular tavern. He could be long gone by now. What do you propose we do?"

Draezin handed the scrap of paper back to Dog, who proceeded to return it to Bodega. Following his bout of speaking, Draezin watched the others lips closely, lest he miss a reply. While examining the bounty, he could have very easily missed any manner of conversation, but he cared not. If they had something to say behind his back, so be it.

Yeturs
2012-05-12, 03:49 PM
In the cold of this night, our troupe stands ready. They prepare to face a foe all too familiar, yet none can recall him. None save Bodega, and his addled mind finds the fact like a butterfly in gravy, unimportant, but tasty.

Draezin's ears long to hear the cries and moans of mercy from his victim, but he knew they never would. His derangement and love of interrogative activities likely stemmed from this desire, to make one cream so loudly, even his ears could not ignore it. But at least, for now, such a desire could come in handy.

Dog knew this, and Dog was glad he hadn't been used for practice. At least, not too much...

The bright moon is sillhoetted behind a cloud as the troupe holds its conference. Draezin's idea has only one hitch, he needs someone to "talk" to.

Perhaps a problem for the morning, it was quite late...

"Now, howabouts we go and find a place to sleep?"

"City streets can be unkind to a band of troupers in the dead of night."

The area about here is unfamiliar, but all these towns are the same. You could find an inn easily enough. One was usually not far from the tavern. Ah, there. Just down the road.

The sign depicts a large sow wearing burlesque attire. Its lips are painted red, and it has a large form prodded into its rear. Small letters on the door read "Poke n' Pork"

Through the door... you see something like a stage. Upon it is a tarnished silver pole extending into the ceiling. Near it slumps a woman who looks to have had entirely too much Pesh. About the stage are three more women, all listlessly sitting about.

They all see you as you walk in. Without a word, they all get up and approach you. Their ribs are visible through their skin, you can see that now. It looks like they haven't had much to eat as of late.

"Hey handsome. You got a lot of meat on your bones," Says the first "You care to rent a room? We have enough for everyone. And the prices are cheap."

"And I love a man with horns." one says, in her best attempt at a sultry voice through her rotted teeth.

"You don't understand, girls. I am so tired of... Hello there" Speaks a third, noting Ahri "You have no idea how long it has been... Tell you what, we can run a discount for you." Her voice is noticeably thicker as she regard's Ahri.

The fourth approaches you, but does not speak. Her eyes lock with Dogs for a moment. She has a sudden intake of breath, before looking back at the floor.

OOC: (If you opened the door, denote it in your post)

What do you do?

Bedivere
2012-05-14, 03:44 PM
It never truly occurred to Ahri how distasteful nearly every aspect of any city was until she found herself within one. Interesting how these things slip the mind. Water in the hand, I suppose. Regardless, an inn is an inn, and Malic was correct in his assumption. Cities were bad, but fights were worse. Ahri did not enjoy fighting, which is the precise reason she kept the other three around.

At the very least this bounty would burn time, and with any luck it'd whisk them away from here on the morrow. She was glad for the opportunity to do something other than dance. As much as Ahri enjoyed performing, it was nice to take a break from people. An audience is not made of people, it is made of eyes. Dozens of colored iris', each fastened to me. They step, twist and whirl with each movement. No, it is not so easy to escape their attention. The mask was worn for a reason, though in the company of her friends it was not necessary. Deft fingers untied its cord and the porcelain facade fell away to reveal the kitsune's delicate features.

After tucking the mask away, it was much less difficult for the others to sense her negativity. She strode past the others and opened the door to the Poke N' Pork. As Ahri stepped into the establishment, she realized just how poorly named it was. These whores are more kin to ghouls than swine.

One of the sub-humans approached Ahri, clearly propositioning her. Indignation rose for a few moments, though the fever swiftly ran its course and most of her composure remained intact. Ahri contemplated trying to communicate her desire to never engage the prostitutes in any fashion, but gave up after a few jumbled moments. She shook her head and took a chair, waiting for Bodega to get them a room.

Weikel
2012-05-15, 12:54 AM
Draezin followed Ahri into the establishment, noting the sour look on her face as she took off her mask. She was always in a sour mood with them, but who could blame her when she walked around with an old fool, a mercenary who said little and the tiefling who wanted not much more than to cause harm to any humans he came across. Draezin knew that how he felt about humans was sick, but with how he had been treated at their hands, it was of lesser concern to him. Sick or not, he would not be the only one to suffer the depravity of others.

Upon entering the run down inn, Draezin noted a particular lack of real emotion on the girls faces as they propositioned him. One in particular gave an especially bad performance as he saw her mouth the word horns. Feeling mocked, Draezin considered reaching for his gun, even beginning his hand towards his belt, but instead just waved her away, giving a low growl.

"Dog! Come along." Looking back at the slave, he saw him eye the women, something of a desire clear in the one visible eye. "Ignore the whores... you do not even have a coin to your name, and you and I both know that I won't pay for one for you." Draezin walked over to take a seat near Ahri, Dog slowly meandering in his wake, careful to steer well clear of the whores. I can let Bodega handle the accommodations. He never shuts his mouth anyway.

Yeturs
2012-05-15, 02:06 AM
Draezin: Dog glances over at you, and then back to his feet. You have come to know this man's emotional spectrum, and what he is feeling right now is not lust. Something like a mix of confusion and shame and pity? But then, why would lowly Dog pity anyone but himself.

He brings his hands up, as if to start signing.

"Me" "No" A short hesitation before "Pork" "She" "Me" "Sibling"

"You" "Gold" "Help" "Me" "?"

Huh... Would you look at that? What could he want?

Weikel
2012-05-16, 01:20 AM
Mason:
Draezin looked over at the woman who had reacted to Dog's appearance. He had paid it little heed at the time, but without the ability of hearing, he relied heavily on sight and little actually went past him. So, Dog has living family does he? When he told me of his life before me, he implied he was the only one remaining. Hmm, what shall I do? There's no telling what would happen were to attempt to free this woman, and to be honest with myself, I doubt I have the coin to save even the cheapest of whores. But, alas, I am making the assumption that she is a sex slave, rather than a typical whore. Assuming I were able to free her, or help her in some way, how could it possibly benefit me? Dog might be less compliant and easy to deal with should I not help her, and that would be most inconvenient. A noncompliant slave is worthless, and thus I would have to kill him. As much as I hate his kind, I have grown attached to him over the years... kind of like a pet. Oh the humor in that, Dog is a dog to me. And he has been very useful to me over the years, doing that which I do not wish to. And there was that time he helped me escape from that prison, even though he could have easily just abandoned me. Plus, he shares many of my feelings towards most humans. I guess if it's in my capabilities I could attempt to help Dog in this case. What will the woman do once she is able to leave? Will she become a tail to our group? Everyone in this group already knows we have two too many of those. If she were to, that could complicate matters, as Dog would ignore his duties at times to help her, but if I made sure to lay down the law early I could potentially get a second slave out of this. Draezin reached out with an ungloved hand and touched Dog on the arm, being glad now that he made sure Dog scrubbed his arms at every opportunity. He may be ugly, but at least he's somewhat clean.
Dog:
"If I were to find a way to free her from this life, what would she do, and how would this affect me? Would she follow us?"

Yeturs
2012-05-16, 02:45 AM
Draezin
"If I were to find a way to free her from this life, what would she do, and how would this affect me? Would she follow us?"

The harsh mind of dog replies, almost like what you imagine a bark to be like. Gruff, but not because he means you ill will, just because that is how he has always sounded to you.

"Dog doesn't know, Dog just cant leave her here. Dog thinks she can run on own, she can make it. She clever."

Weikel
2012-05-18, 03:21 AM
Mason
Still within Dog's mind came a sigh, then a reply. "Well, I guess that i will see what i can do. I have never had family to my knowledge other than a mother that died when I was very young, so I cannot claim to understand this, but I will indulge in this to help you this once. Do realize that I only do this because I despise the cruelty that humans impose upon others."

For the below event:
Pork?:
The deep voice of a demon was clear in the woman's mind as if it was being spoken out loud. "Woman. This may seem odd to you, but I am speaking directly into your mind. Do not respond out loud, only think what it is you'd like to communicate with me. My servant, that man over there, Dog, claims you are his kin. Is this the truth, and if so, is your employment here your choice, or are you compelled in some way to work here?"

Draezin turned away from his slave, whom he had seemed to be silently communicating with, and stood up, walking over to the whore who had seemed taken aback by their arrival. Ignoring the indignation of the ignored women, he caressed a cheek of the woman, holding his hand there as he stared into her shocked face.

Goobercheese
2012-05-18, 11:28 PM
Malic followed Draezin to the inn and stood in the doorway, once again holding the door for the blind old bard. "Come, Bodega sir. This inn is as good as any to bunk for the night."

As he waited for the minstrel to enter, he turned his attention to the scene in front of him. Malic eyed the courtesans with disinterest, noting the many signs of their poor health. However, the interaction between the tiefling, his manservant, and one particular human female brought about a bit of amusement. His mouth pulled up into a genuine smile which showcased his startlingly white, perfectly pointed teeth.

Nodding to Ahri to get her attention, he pointed at Draezin and grinned even wider. "Seems to be quite the charming devil, eh?" Malic said, his voice trimmed with laughter at his own joke.

Still smiling, he turned his attention back to the streets and continued to sweep the darkness with his eyes as he waited for the sightless songster to enter the inn.

Yeturs
2012-05-19, 04:52 PM
Bodega, ever the charmer, found a nice leaf to seduce just outside. Chasing it with envy, you can tell he wont be joining you in the inn just yet.

"Hmmmmm" Says the first whore, the one with pesh-mouth. "Only five pieces for a bed and a girl to go in it. Kick her out if you like, she is yours for the night."

The one girl, the one Dreazin seems so interested in, takes him and Dog by the arm. With a smile that hold little true emotion, she says "Come, I will show you to your rooms."

Just upstairs, a long hallway greets you. On each side are framed several doors, each with a single number set in the middle. You are each taken to a room and accompanied by a girl. Dog, as is expected, bunks with Dreazin.

Ahri:The woman so interested in you before approaches you in your room. Her voice, at first low and somewhat sultry, slowly turns into a hungry growl.

"You have NO idea how long it has been since a woman has been in here. I hate men!"

She steps in your direction.

"Give us a kiss." she says, her jaw unhinging and her flesh upon her face tearing open to accommodate this. Her teeth suddenly sharpen as she lunges at you!

You take a frenzied step back, trying to put the bed in between you and her, but fail to do so, knocking over the nearby bedside table.

(Address your posts to me in spoiler form)

Malic:The girl with you shuts the door behind you slowly. She looks at you with disappointment. "I was hoping to get that red one, the one with the horns. Ah well, I am sure you will be a tasty enough treat. Come, give us a kiss."

She takes a step for you. Her mouth opens unnaturally wide, and you can now see the sharpness of her teeth. She makes a sudden dash at your head, jaw gaping for a juicy bite!

AH! You put a hand on your weapon, and unclasp its button. It is now ready to draw with one fluid motion.

Dreazin:The girl stands before you. "Ah, welcome. I am glad to finally have two suitors" She mouths. She approaches you, bringing her exposed hand to yours.

"Please, help me. I cannot make it worth your while, but I do not want to die! The matron, she is a succubus! She can hear all the sound in the house and all the other girls are dead and I DO NOT WANT TO JOIN THEM!"

Dog looks away. Left out of the conversation, perhaps he thinks you WILL actually sleep with his sister?

Perhaps he does not fully understand your disgust of his race.

Bodega:Leaf, Leaf, Leaf, leaf is so happy and joyful, and makes you feel the same! Huzzah, leaf! Your blind finger admire its crinkle and dried crack as you break it apart. LEAF NOOOOOO!

Ah well. Perhaps it is time to follow your allies into the inn? You can hear their voices any more.

Goobercheese
2012-05-19, 05:42 PM
Mason:
Malic draws his longsword and attempts to sever the crazed hooker's head before she can sink her teeth in. Attack: [roll0] dealing [roll1] slashing damage.

Weikel
2012-05-19, 06:14 PM
The deep voice again spoke inside the woman's head"Well, then, I shall help you, but first, I need some information and a word with Dog." Letting her hand go, Draezin gave Dog a swift pat on the arm. In Dog's mind, words swiftly voiced themselves "I am going to help your sister, so do not fear. First, though, it appears we will have to deal with the matron of this place. Have my things ready to depart, should the need arise. Do not take my next words for truth, they are only an act." Again reaching out for the woman, he said out loud, "Get on the bed and get undressed woman!" The sound of his voice was commanding, yet the voice inside the woman's head a moment later spoke of different things, and in a tone much more cold and calculating. "How do i find this matron, and how powerful is she? What can you tell me of her?"

Goobercheese
2012-05-21, 05:08 PM
Mason:
Confirm: [roll0]

Bedivere
2012-05-25, 03:44 PM
Her initial panic subsiding, Ahri scrambled to regain her balance. She stared at the monstrosity with disgust as its face contorted. The whore looked emaciated and weak; the dancer was more put off than worried. She wondered what happened to the others, perhaps they were also attacked.

Ahri was snapped from her worry a split second later as the abomination stepped forward again, as if to bite. The kitsune was quicker, whipping her mouth forth to bite down on the woman's neck. As she bit down, Ahri unsheathed a dagger from her side. She gripped the handle firm and readied to stab the whore in the belly.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

lordbuxton
2012-05-26, 03:03 AM
"I may be old and frail my young compatriots, but don't forget that I cannot see either."

Bodega enters the establishment eagerly, delighted to be nearing one of his favorite activities of ALL TIME. He had grown quite fond of sleep, because it was only in his dreams that he was able to escape his bodily prison. He aims his inquiry in the general direction of whomever else it was that he was able to detect in immediate vicinity,

"Is it possible for you to offer a place to sleep for a tired and sore bunch such as ourselves?"

Yeturs
2012-05-26, 09:00 PM
Malic:
Malic draws his longsword and attempts to sever the crazed hooker's head before she can sink her teeth in. Attack: 19 dealing 8 slashing damage.

The Whore stumbles into your reach, but you hook her by the shirt with your off hand. With a violent shove, you push her away from yourself. Your blade makes a wide arc, opening a large gash at her collar. Thick and oozing blood floes from it.

But the does not stop! She shifts back at you!

Attack: [roll0] vs 18 (No shield) dealing [roll1] damage!

The bite is clumsy, however, and easily dodged.

(Continue spoilers)

Draezin:
"Get on the bed and get undressed woman!"
The sound of his voice was commanding, yet the voice inside the woman's head a moment later spoke of different things, and in a tone much more cold and calculating.
"How do i find this matron, and how powerful is she? What can you tell me of her?"

The Woman complied, beginning to strip. "The matron" her internal voice said "Is very strong. Not her body, her mind. She takes in girls and makes them... change. Makes them crave flesh!"

You can find her in the basement, I think."

Dog looks away at this revelation.

(Continue spoilers)

Ahri:
The kitsune was quicker, whipping her mouth forth to bite down on the woman's neck. As she bit down, Ahri unsheathed a dagger from her side. She gripped the handle firm and readied to stab the whore in the belly.

Attack: 15
Damage: 2

Quicker indeed. The Whore lurched its head at Ahri, but with a swift flick of her hand, Ahri pushed the head aside. The Whore's neck now exposed, Ahri bit savagely into it. Her mouth flooded with a thick ooze-like substance, and the wound let out a sickening smell.

The whore, however, did not take kindly to this. Her arms shot up to Ahri's chest, and with a brutal push she tried to shove Ahri away.

Bull Rush: (Ballsed up the roll, see next post) vs 15

You hold your mouth on her neck, bearing through the rancid taste. She fails to move you anywhere.

(Continue spoilers)

Bodega:Be sure and spoil your posts!

The silence in the room is deafening, it seems you were talking to phantoms.

Perception: [roll2]

DC 16: You can hear sounds from above you, echoing down stairs. Fighting?

(Continue spoilers)

Yeturs
2012-05-26, 09:03 PM
Ahri: [roll0]

Weikel
2012-05-28, 06:03 PM
The inner voice spoke in disgust within her mind, "Keep your clothes on human. I didn't really wanna see your pink flesh. It is only a ruse. I guess I have no choice but to go find this woman, but it might be best if I got my companions. This sounds of magic, which I have less than satisfactory knowledge of." Touching Dog with his other hand, he spoke within both of their minds. "Be ready to be off, and make sure to stay out of the way and not get hurt. Dog, you know the drill, be ready to leave. I will return for you when we are complete, if things get bad, get out and wait for my signal in a nearby alley." With that, Draezin drew his gun and headed for the door.

Goobercheese
2012-06-01, 09:34 AM
Mason:
Malic, stance balanced, sidesteps the woman-thing's lunge and draws his shield from his back. Before she can regain her composure, he steps forward and slices his sword at her neck again.

Attack:
[roll0] dealing [roll1] slashing damage.

Yeturs
2012-06-05, 02:21 AM
Ahri:You pause for a moment, attempting to regain your balance. Your foe, taking this chance, grabs at your canine jaw. With a terrible ripping sound, she forces your mouth open far wider then it should.

[roll0] damage, and -2 damage on bites until you can heal your jaw.

Dreazin: The familier feel of Sandlewood fills your hand, and you take your first step back into the hallway. Before you, Bodega the Blind Fool stands, seemingly ignorant of what is going on here.

Bodega: An odd voice fills your mind as you stand bewildered. "Come" it says" And I shall be yours" Followed by a sultry and dark chuckle.

Will save: [roll1]

if succeed on DC 16:What could that have been? Huh... ah well, you decide to head upstairs anyway.

If fail on DC 16: A familiar voice fills your mind. Your own! "Yes, mistress, I hear and obey..."

You are dominated by an unknown force. You dont know what is gonig on, but you know one thing. YOU NEED TO GET TO THE ATTIC! You head up the stairs and into the hall...

You hear Dreazin before you. Perhaps he seeks to stop you? NO! MISTRESS IS MINE!

Malic: Your blade strikes true, cutting deeply into her flesh. With a grunt, she lunges one last time at you. However, she seems dead before her arm reaches you, and only her body impacts you with a dull thunk. You shove her remains to the ground.

Goobercheese
2012-06-05, 03:38 PM
Mason:
Malic wipes his blade on the courtesan's tattered clothing and sheaths it. Before proceeding to the door, he gives himself a brief check for injuries. Finding trace of none, he moves to the door and attempts to open it in search of his employers.

Weikel
2012-06-05, 04:20 PM
Mason and BodegaDraezin emerged from the room he had been in and sighed as he sighted the foolish old Kitsune staring blankly at the wood wall, as he did with all things at all times. Touching his shoulder, Draezin established a connection. The deep voice of the tiefling reverberated within Bodega's skull. "Bodega, you idiot. This place is controlled by an evil matron. She can hear everything we say out loud, so I am using this method to talk to you. We need to find the others and kill her. She resides in the basement of this place. Are you paying attention?"

Bedivere
2012-06-07, 07:49 PM
Ahri's recoils in agony as her jaw is ripped by the monstrosity, and she closes her mouth in an attempt to protect it from further damage. This is why I avoid fighting. She wanted nothing more than to run, but she suspected that if she did it would be her end. So she whipped her blade horizontally, slashing across the prostitute's chest. Blood seeped from the corners of her mouth as she cut her adversary, anger welling up from within. She HATED fighting.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Yeturs
2012-06-12, 01:40 PM
Draezin: Bodega speaks in your mind "No, my mistress resides in the attic of this place..."

And an odd wisper, as if a mature woman touched you and joined the conversation "Yes, my sweet, I am in the attic. This man wants to stop you from seeing me! He is lying! KILL HIM!"

Bodega looks up at you, malice filling his blind eyes...

Malic: Coming out into the hall, you see Bodega holding Draezins hand. Huh, you always suspected something like this...

Ahri: Your dagger slides easily into your foes torso, and the wound erupts into bile. The fiend looks into your eyes, before letting out a gasp of breath and slumping onto your arm.

What do you do?

Bodega:Yes, the attic, go to the attic. Draezin, he lies! He never liked you! KILL HIM!

Weikel
2012-06-12, 02:43 PM
Bodega and Mason:Hearing the woman, Draezin knew that something was wrong. Bodega cannot speak like that. It would seem the bitch is here within him. "You imbecile Bodega." Letting go of the old bard, Draezin felt the gun in his hand as he brought it up to the foolish bard's side and took a shot: Using the deed Up Close and Deadly Costing 1 Grit Attack Roll: Damage if hit [roll1] + [roll2]. If miss still does damage of [roll] 1d3

Goobercheese
2012-06-15, 02:42 PM
Mason, Draezin, and Bodega:
As he approaches Draezin and Bodega, Malic shifts his eyes around the hallway to look for Ahri or another attacker. Why are they grasping at one another, he thought. Instead of musing out loud, Malic came upon them quietly.
"Ho, friends. I'll admit this night didn't go at all how I thought it might. What's happened with you, and where be Ahri?"

Bedivere
2012-06-15, 07:12 PM
Ahri unsheathed her knife from the dead prostitute's limp body, wiping the blade off on its clothing. A look of utter revulsion passed over her as puss oozed from the creature's wounds, a foul stench wafting through the room. Scrambling, Ahri tossed her belongings back into her pack and placed the porcelain mask back on her face. She wanted to be gone from this room as quickly as possible. She grabbed the door handle and yanked it open.

Bursting forth from the room, Ahri breathed deeply of the relatively fresh air. At least the rest of this inn did not smell like her room. She began to storm down the hall but caught herself before she made too much noise. Maybe there's more...[

Each footfall was soft as a butterfly's wings, her movements smooth as silken thread. Slowly, Ahri made her way down the stairs to the common room.
Stealth: [roll0]

Yeturs
2012-06-16, 01:24 PM
Ahri bursts into the hall, seeing her three allies nearby. Bodega and Dreazin were holding hands, and Malic was nearby. It seemed he was about to greet his allies.

"You imbecile Bodega." Letting go of the old bard, Draezin felt the gun in his hand as he brought it up to the foolish bard's side and took a shot.

The shot cracked through the inn and buried a bullet into Bodega's chest. Bodega cried out in pain, beginning to cry and sob over his wound.

"Help, Malic! He is possessed by an evil spirit!"

The wound bleeds through Bodega's fingers. His blind eyes leak as he starts to slowly crawl away from Draezin, in the direction of Malic.

Ahri stood in a nearby doorway, and was unobserved by her allies.

What do you do?

Goobercheese
2012-06-23, 11:22 PM
Malic observed the scene in front of him with mild surprise. Which was a large reaction for him. Weighing the options carefully, he turned and took a step back, watching both the hallway and the conflict simultaneously. Less people, more shares, Malic thought.

Weikel
2013-06-25, 04:06 PM
Using this thread to test something, dont worry about it or anything.

[roll0]

adding some stuff and seeing if it messes with the roll

didn't realize that these forums had a filter