PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cleric domains for sorcerers?

Canarr
2012-04-24, 05:20 AM
My regular gaming group is looking to start a new campaign, using the PF rules. I rolled a sorcerer with the Stormborn bloodline, and am currently looking for ways to gain one or more appropriate domains later on (Weather or Air).

What's the easiest way of getting myself one of these?

Corlindale
2012-04-24, 05:31 AM
As far as I know it's impossible to get domains without taking actual levels in a class that can grant them (cleric, druid, inquisitor, sacred servant paladin). Easiest way to get both domains is thus a level in cleric. I doubt they will be of that much use to you, since they won't really advance (and Air and Weather aren't really the most front-loaded cleric domains).

If you want the storm flavour along with those domains, an option would be to make a Storm Druid instead of a sorceror.
He gets access to the listed domains (gaining one at 1st level and a 2nd one at 9th), he gets semi-spontaneous casting since he can cast all domain spells spontaneously, he gets a good number of wind and lightning spells (and wind and lightning-themed class features) and he eventually gets to fly around the skies as an air elemental all day long, casting spells at his leisure. Could be an alternative way to achieve the flavour you are aiming for.

Keneth
2012-04-24, 05:34 AM
As far as I know, there is no way in pure Pathfinder for a sorcerer to get a cleric domain. At least as far as the spells are concerned, certain domain powers could be obtained by multi-classing.

Canarr
2012-04-25, 02:35 AM
Thanks, guys; I was afraid that would be the answer, but I held out hope that I'd just missed something.

We already have a Storm Druid in the group, which is why I want to go with Sorcerer. Guess I'll just stick to the Stormborn bloodline and get the flavor out of appropriately themed spells.