PDA

View Full Version : PAO use/abuse/fun questions

Darth Stabber
2012-04-24, 03:25 PM
So I've spent some time recently pondering Polymorph Any Object, and while I understand the basics of the spell, I am curious as to certain specific applications.

Can I turn a human wizard into a karsite commoner with a good willsave (since karsites are a specific strain of human, descended from karsus, not sure about uniqueness)? Would disjunction turn him human again?

If I am a lvl19 necropolitan (human) dread necromancer about to level up to 20, can I PAO myself back into a human to get the lichy benefits (I know that the class by RAW does not give you the lich template, though every gm I know has houseruled otherwise)? Would my lichyness go away to a disjunction?

Soulean
2012-04-24, 08:56 PM
POA has a duration and can be dispelled so yes MDJ would turn you back to whatever you were before.

Human to Human polymorph could go either way. You can argue that most if not all phb races have many subraces. ( At least 1 elven race per stat and many more )

You lose any racial abilities. A template, in my opinion, is usually adding on to your race and so you'd lose your lich abilities. ( If you die PAO is ended and you'd still get brought back to life tho. ) However if the template is just a series of class abilities over a couple levels then you should keep them.