PDA

View Full Version : Bone Knights and Paladins

hivedragon
2012-04-24, 07:22 PM
If you are a paladin and then take one level of Bone Knight does it then become impossible to loose abilities normally lost when changing alignment or violating the paladin code of conduct?

Also, which is better:
Cleric 6/Bone Knight X
or
Fighter 1/Cleric 4/Bone Knight X
or
Cleric 6/Prestige Paladin 3/Bone Knight X
or
Fighter 1/Cleric 4/Prestige Paladin 3/Bone Knight X

gallagher
2012-04-24, 08:16 PM
Bone knight, at no point in time, relieves you of your duties to perform according to your code

hivedragon
2012-04-24, 08:55 PM
Bone knight, at no point in time, relieves you of your duties to perform according to your code

Becoming a Bone Knight is an evil act and so are most of the abilities in the Bone Knight's repertoire. It's contradictory to state you keep certain class features from a Paladin when you become a Bone Knight while saying you would loose those features when becoming a Bone Knight.

Mari01
2012-04-24, 09:23 PM
Becoming a Bone Knight is an evil act and so are most of the abilities in the Bone Knight's repertoire. It's contradictory to state you keep certain class features from a Paladin when you become a Bone Knight while saying you would loose those features when becoming a Bone Knight.

Becoming a Bone Knight isn't an evil act.

Madara
2012-04-24, 09:27 PM
But I believe creating undead is. Of course, Paladin code is always silly

Mari01
2012-04-24, 09:28 PM
But I believe creating undead is. Of course, Paladin code is always silly

Not in Eberron.

Zilzmaer
2012-04-24, 10:19 PM
The Bone Knight ability Paladin Conversion specifically states that you retain some of the Paladin abilities, or regain them if you're an ex-Paladin. It also lists which abilities you lose. The way I'm interpreting this, if you later become an ex-Paladin, you'll lose the abilities, then regain some.

Dire Reverend
2012-04-28, 02:31 PM
I would rule that "since your association with the undead forever taints you" and "An evil bone knight can be a chilling villain full of evocative flavor" that you are allowed to divert from your code of conduct and your good (or at the very least, neutral) alignment.

Madara
2012-04-28, 03:18 PM
Not in Eberron.

I've been wondering where it specifies that. I know that Eberron is Alignment-gray, and that your spellcasting is more based on the church. But where does it say creating undead is no longer an evil act? Granted, creating unintelligent undead should have been fine to begin with..:smallsigh: but does Eberron actually say its not an evil act?