PDA

View Full Version : Pantheon of Three

Lalaithion
2012-04-24, 07:25 PM
The Lord of the Sun - The eldest of the gods, unchallenged by all, born in the darkness. He built a light, a throne for himself, a sun.

The Warden of the Stars - The middle god, looked down upon by his brother, born facing toward the sun. He dared to look into the darkness and he created the stars, and built a chariot, a softer light, a subtle light, a moon, to guide them through their motions in the sky.

The Exile of the Earth - The youngest god, subtlest of the three, created fifteen spheres to dance between the stars and the sun. These are the wanderers, the planets, one of which is our world.

The Lord, however, was blinded by the light of his own throne and did not see the birth of his brothers or their creations. But one day, the Warden approached the throne and reached out a hand to help his brother stand. The Lord was astounded at the creations his brothers had built, and he stepped away from his throne. But he was also furious that they had not consulted him, asked his permission, and so he imprisoned them; the Exile on the surface of one of the planets, and the Warden in his chariot; the moon.

The Warden, shamed, was content to be imprisoned for ever more, but the Exile began to create more and more and more; covering the planet with beasts and birds and flowers and trees, building the mountains and filling the oceans. Then he built the First Men; and he tried to lead them in war against his eldest brother. But they refused, imprisoned him in a volcano, and they fought until only eight remained. The Exile finally escaped and put a stop to all their fighting, and stripped them of their names. He then renamed them; as Death, as Time, as Dream, as Chaos, as Fate, as Fear, as Insanity, and as Motion. The Eight together were powerful enough to ascend to the heavens and imprison the Lord like his brothers.

The three gods remain imprisoned to this day; but the Exile still walks on this world, and the Eight can go wherever they please. The Warden remains riding his chariot, the moon, watching the stars glide past, and the Lord remains chained to his throne, the sun.

Omeganaut
2012-04-26, 11:21 AM
That is very interesting. What are you planning on doing with this? I'd like to know so I could better critique this.

Lalaithion
2012-04-29, 12:03 PM
I am building a world to hopefully run a campaign in. I will probably be using D&D 3.5, and I will re-make the races to fit into my world, but I want to build my world before I make any of that.