PDA

View Full Version : Help! ive transformed and i cant do enough damage!

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-24, 08:08 PM
Just kidding :smalltongue: but I do need help. I'm playing a WS ranger 5/MoMF 6 in an evil sandbox, and id like to be able to get enhancements on my natural attacks. Is there an item I could use? I plan on going into warshaper after MoMF 7 and id like it to work on my. Morphic weapons to. If there's some exotic weapon I need to do that, then I'm SoL because I'm pretty feat starved until next level

Flickerdart
2012-04-24, 08:08 PM
Necklace of Natural Attacks, combined with a Wildling Clasp to get it to stay on after you shift.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-24, 09:27 PM
Is that in the item compendium?

Rubik
2012-04-24, 09:36 PM
Try lifting the special quality off of the khopesh of the loyal minion, from A&EG 111. It'll give your fangs or claws or what have you your weapon's special qualities.

It's worth 4,000 gp, and according to the Magic Item Compendium you can drop it right on any weapon you like, with no increase in cost.

Is that in the item compendium?The wilding clasp is (although it's wild shape only; all the 3.0 versions work regardless of the method used to transform), but the necklace is from Savage Species. It costs 600 gp and you enhance it separately for each kind of natural weapon you want to affect, using regular weapon enhancement costs.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-24, 09:46 PM
I don't actually have a weapon other than my nautrals, so the amulet seems like a better fit for me. Thank you!

Rubik
2012-04-24, 09:55 PM
I don't actually have a weapon other than my nautrals, so the amulet seems like a better fit for me. Thank you!If you get a necklace and a weapon with the khopesh's ability you can get those qualities on your natural attacks just fine. Buy them or have them created for you.

As an aside, if both affect the same natural weapon (like your claw attacks) then the enhancement bonuses won't stack but the special qualities will (so long as they aren't the same).

Thus, if you have a +1 frost collision greatsword of the loyal minion and a necklace of natural weaponry +1 with flaming and thundering attuned to your claws, you'll end up with a +1 frost flaming thundering collision claw attack, and all for considerably cheaper than it would take to enhance a single weapon with all of those normally.

A bit cheesy sure, but melee-types are usually hard-up for cash anyway, since weapons are ungodfully expensive.

Darrin
2012-04-25, 09:20 AM
Is that in the item compendium?

No, it was printed in Savage Species originally as the Necklace of Natural Weapons, but was later published online (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060707a) with a slightly different name.