PDA

View Full Version : Optimize standard Long Sword 3.5

Gerner
2012-04-25, 06:09 AM
Okay, so I have a Blackguard who got roped so right now I only have long sword standard until i get my sword back, so I have come up with the following magic to max the sword to its best, I only have 1 and 2 level blackguard spells available.

I have come up with following:
Bull's*Strength giving me +2 str att/dam
Magic*Weapon/disrupt Weapon giving +1 att/dam magic (they do not stack right)
Blade of Blood giving me 1d6 dam

is there any other thinks I have forgotten or is that all I can do?

Spuddles
2012-04-25, 06:27 AM
Divine Sacrifice lets you do more damage.

Lactantius
2012-04-25, 07:19 AM
Melee Weapon Mastery (slashing) gives att and dmg.
Requires weapon specialization though, so you need fighter 4, pious templar or favored soul.

Maybe not fitting your Blackguard, but Clerics of Tyr can make use of the initiate of Tyr feat and get another damage boost with Tyr's favored weapon - the longsword.

ericgrau
2012-04-25, 06:42 PM
Strategic charge and zeal. They don't directly increase weapon damage but they help get you into melee which will indirectly increase damage. And most importantly they're swift actions so you can cast these AND everything else you were thinking of, which is awesome.

See if you can at least afford the 300 gp for a masterwork weapon. That +1 does make a big difference and it saves you the round of casting magic weapon, which you probably won't be able to spare when either (a) you got ambushed or (b) you only have enough time for better buffs.

deuxhero
2012-04-25, 06:55 PM
Power Attack(+Leap Attack+Shock Trooper).

Righteous Doggy
2012-04-25, 06:59 PM
So long as everyone else is pointing out vast changes, a dip in warblade gives you weapon aptitude, which lets you repractice weapon specific feats to another weapon. The blackgaurd's basic spell list doesn't give a weapon much love does it?

deuxhero
2012-04-25, 07:05 PM
Really outside of SpC a Blackguards spell list only lets them use a Wand of Cure Light Wounds.

dgnslyr
2012-04-25, 07:16 PM
Hold it with both hands. Since damage die doesn't mean that much compared to static bonuses from strength and power attack and stuff, you won't be hitting for much less than a greatsword user, 2.5 points per hit on average.