PDA

View Full Version : Quori

Kelb_Panthera
2012-04-25, 02:18 PM
I find myself very-much interested in Eberron's Quori creatures. I find the secret war between the kalashtar and inspired fascinating. I am, therefore, trying to find stats for as many Quori as I can.

Can anyone help me find -all- of the sources containing Quori creatures?

Yora
2012-04-25, 03:02 PM
In addition to the one in the Eberron Campaign setting, there are also some in Magic of Eberron and I think in Secrets of Sarlona. If the later one does not have stats for any specific quori, there's still a lot of information about the race in general.

shadow_archmagi
2012-04-26, 08:42 AM
One question: Why is the war between the Inspired and the Kalashtar secret?

I can see why the Inspired wouldn't want anyone to know that they're evil interdimensional beings bent on world domination, but wouldn't it be a major goal of the Kalashtar to tell the rest of the world that the Inspired are genocidal?

supermonkeyjoe
2012-04-26, 10:21 AM
The way I understand it is that the Quori/Inspired have very VERY good PR, they are widely loved by the residents of Riedra, they aided numerous countries in the aftermath of the last war with much-needed supplies and to all appearances they are thoroughly nice, charming and beautiful people.

Also who would believe the Kalashtar over the inspired? The inspired can just turn around and say "of course they'd come up with something like that, they're terrorist dissidents " and no-one would have any reasonable proof otherwise.

Knight13
2012-04-26, 11:48 AM
Pretty much what Joe said. It would probably go down like this:

Kalashtar: "They're possessed by freaky, evil extradimensional monsters!"
Inspired: "Man, what a bunch of crazies, amirite? Hey, how would you like some favorable trade deals?"

Ason
2012-04-26, 12:00 PM
Kalashtar: "They're possessed by freaky, evil extradimensional monsters!"
Inspired: "Man, what a bunch of crazies, amirite? Hey, how would you like some favorable trade deals?"

Incidentally, this is how most games of Settlers of Catan play out for me.

If you want stuff on the Quori, then I would assume Secrets of Sarlona is your best bet, as it details their territory, but any general campaign setting books should also contain some information on them, some of which could be unique and all of which should help.

wadledo
2012-04-26, 06:31 PM
Kalashtar also want to keep it out of the limelight because (if I recall correctly) it's their fight. They don't want anyone else to help because they are the only ones who should kill their brethren.
They are an excellent example of Good Is Not Nice, and I don't think it's very well known.

shadow_archmagi
2012-04-26, 09:35 PM
Kalashtar also want to keep it out of the limelight because (if I recall correctly) it's their fight. They don't want anyone else to help because they are the only ones who should kill their brethren.
They are an excellent example of Good Is Not Nice, and I don't think it's very well known.

According to Faiths of Eberron, it's one part arrogance, one part not being trusted because wizards see psions as creepy, and one part "If I start trying to convince the duke that the Inspired are evil then the Inspired spy in his court is going to murder me"

The arrogance isn't so much "Only *we* should be able to murder other Quori!" so much as "I don't think any of these poor saps can even understand the kind of danger they're in. We'd better just solve all the problems in the world by being a race of awesome beautiful snowflakes."

Also, query: Everything in Faiths suggests that the Path of Light is about actively making the world a better place, whether that means helping one man overcome his own anger or improving the economic conditions of a poor neighborhood. It seems like they're working as hard as they can to do Good. So why are they listed in the book as being Lawful Neutral?

Prime32
2012-04-27, 08:08 AM
It's not officially a quori, but it's a clear inspiration:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm#dreamLarva

Maybe use as stats for il'Lashtavar itself?

Kelb_Panthera
2012-04-28, 03:33 PM
Blast, I was afraid those were the only sources. Nothing in secrets of Xen'drik? I thought the quori going to war with the giants was the reason for all the ruination on that continent.

Benjuri
2012-04-28, 08:14 PM
Blast, I was afraid those were the only sources. Nothing in secrets of Xen'drik? I thought the quori going to war with the giants was the reason for all the ruination on that continent.

It was, but like many other things in Eberron, they decided to leave the specifics up to the GM. Worst comes to worst though, you can always ask Kieth about them on his blog. If there is one thing the man loves, it's his Quori.