PDA

View Full Version : Does Aptitude weapon work with EWP?

Morithias
2012-04-25, 09:02 PM
If a character has the Exotic weapon proficiency feat with say a hand crossbow, would they be able to use say an Musket with the aptitude weapon enchantment without penalty for non-proficiency?

Thanks for the answers!

Snowbluff
2012-04-25, 09:02 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure the strictest interpretation allows this.

Righteous Doggy
2012-04-25, 09:05 PM
Well, the text states that its for anything that affects a single weapon. So... although it does according to the text, it really doesn't make any sense that someone suddenly completely forgets how to use a weapon they honed to use and then in an hour learns how to use a completely new one just as well... but hey, theres worse logic in the world!

Edit: blargh, i missed the word enhancement...

tyckspoon
2012-04-25, 09:11 PM
Well, the text states that its for anything that affects a single weapon. So... although it does according to the text, it really doesn't make any sense that someone suddenly completely forgets how to use a weapon they honed to use and then in an hour learns how to use a completely new one just as well... but hey, theres worse logic in the world!

I think you're mixing up the Warblade Weapon Aptitude class feature and the Aptitude weapon enhancement, there. Warblade lets you reassign your feats that require you to choose a weapon to affect (Weapon Focus/Spec, Improved Critical, Exotic Weapon Proficiency.) An Aptitude weapon lets you pretend the enhanced weapon is the one you already have the appropriate feat for instead.

Rubik
2012-04-27, 04:00 PM
Also, all wielders of an aptitude weapon are proficient with it automatically. (Or should that be automagically?)

Snowbluff
2012-04-27, 04:07 PM
I think you're mixing up the Warblade Weapon Aptitude class feature and the Aptitude weapon enhancement, there. Warblade lets you reassign your feats that require you to choose a weapon to affect (Weapon Focus/Spec, Improved Critical, Exotic Weapon Proficiency.) An Aptitude weapon lets you pretend the enhanced weapon is the one you already have the appropriate feat for instead.

You know, the 8iggest pro8lem with To8 isn't the frakked up gameplay editing. Where it really fails is when you have Feats, Class Features, Enhancements, and Mave sharing the same name in the same book. Shadow 8lade anyone?

Chronos
2012-04-27, 04:19 PM
I don't think it's such an eightig problem. And what's Shadow Eightlade?

Rubik
2012-04-27, 04:30 PM
I don't think it's such an eightig problem. And what's Shadow Eightlade?1 th1nk 1t'5 4 sp33ch 1mp3d1m3nt.