PDA

View Full Version : Hellbred Dragonborn?

Fable Wright
2012-04-25, 09:55 PM
I was recently skimming through Fiendish Codex II, and I noticed something in the Hellborn race. Namely, that the ability that allowed Devils claim to the Hellbred's soul was a racial ability, which the Dragonborn race seems to eliminate. Am I missing something?

Empedocles
2012-04-25, 09:57 PM
I was recently skimming through Fiendish Codex II, and I noticed something in the Hellborn race. Namely, that the ability that allowed Devils claim to the Hellbred's soul was a racial ability, which the Dragonborn race seems to eliminate. Am I missing something?

I think it's fluff oriented enough that being a dragonborn wouldn't eliminate it. Sounds like something pretty much up to the DM though.

Zaq
2012-04-25, 09:58 PM

Hmm. That actually kinda fits in terms of fluff, too. Dragonborn are supposed to be pretty darn devoted to Bahamut, who is, let's face it, kind of a goody two-shoes. And they are explicitly blessed and protected by him. A deity intervening and saying "no, he's MINE now" makes sense to me.

Axinian
2012-04-25, 09:59 PM
I don't know from a rules perspective, but that should definitely work from a fluff perspective. The reason Hellbred come back usually is because they are trying to redeem themselves. If they are successfully accepted as a servant of Bahamut, they have probably done enough to break the devil's hold.

Edit: Swordsage'd x2

Mari01
2012-04-25, 10:35 PM
Hmm. That actually kinda fits in terms of fluff, too. Dragonborn are supposed to be pretty darn devoted to Bahamut, who is, let's face it, kind of a goody two-shoes. And they are explicitly blessed and protected by him. A deity intervening and saying "no, he's MINE now" makes sense to me.

This. A good deity has now laid claim to your soul. Hell is just going to have to use one of the OTHER 8 gorillion souls.