PDA

View Full Version : PF - Help with systemizing a bound Ghaele

Kurrel
2012-04-26, 09:19 AM
In a campaign I am currently running, the group has come to the point where they are attempting to directly undermine the assets of the evil king. This is in preparation for the final confrontation and they know that what they don't deal with beforehand will be present in that final encounter.

One of these assets is giving me some trouble preparing. One of the king's most effective lieutenants has been an enslaved ghaele (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/azata.html#_azata-ghaele) . This ghaele was originally on the side of the party in the early levels and particularly close to one of the PCs, but was later captured. She was ubjected to a powerful cursed item that ensures the following
a) her utter loyalty to the king
b) her enforced alignment match to his
c) amnesia, though the one PC stirs recollection in her.
The group is absolutely dead set against simply killing her, wanting to free her of the curse instead.

They've had to deal with a variety of curses throughout the game that have needed more than just the spell 'Remove Curse' to undo the evil powers. This time, I'm drawing a complete blank on a suitably mythical process.

The only idea I've come up with so far has been striking her down with a specific weapon of suitable look and power, but I'd prefer something less violent.

I had planned for the cursed item to be a torc worn around her neck, but since her entire armour changed when she was enslaved and I haven't yet had to specify what the item is, I'm torn between making it her new helm, instead.

Does anyone have a better suggestion for freeing someone of such a curse?
Does a torc seem appropriate for delivering such a curse, or is the helm better?

Jarveiyan
2012-04-27, 02:55 AM
Why not make it the cuff part of shackles on one of the hands made of cold iron and suitably enchanted?