PDA

View Full Version : Moving List?

Lappy9001
2012-04-26, 12:52 PM
I'm moving to a new apartment on Saturday with one of my buddies and I'm really excited about it! However, I can't seem to find a 'moving list' of things to get done, just to make sure I don't totally forget something important. If anyone knows a good one, or has some tips from experience, I'd greatly appreciate it :smallcool:

Manga Shoggoth
2012-04-26, 01:59 PM
I'm moving to a new apartment on Saturday with one of my buddies and I'm really excited about it! However, I can't seem to find a 'moving list' of things to get done, just to make sure I don't totally forget something important. If anyone knows a good one, or has some tips from experience, I'd greatly appreciate it :smallcool:

Off the top of my head:

Make sure that utilities (Gas, electricity, phone) are set up. Take meter readings when you arrive in case of disputes with bills - even if the bills are included in the rent.
Make sure you know how the division of bills is going to take place.
Make sure that anything like TV Licences are sorted out.
Make sure you have enough food for a short period to allow time for finding shops (and shopping, naturally).
Make sure that you know what is going to be in the flat:

Is there a bed there?
What do you need in the way of bedding (I reccommend having a sleeping bag just in case)
Do you need to supply cutlery, crockery, kettles and other such aids to gracious living?
How many of the fixtures and fittings are going to be there? (Not joking - previous tenants have been known to remove everything not nailed down. Including light bulbs...)

Z3ro
2012-04-26, 02:02 PM
This obviously depends on where you are moving from and what you are bringing with you, but I'd highly recommend you have something to sit on, like a couch. Nothing worse than spending an entire day moving a bunch of heavy furniture and boxes, only to have to sit on the floor.

Riverdance
2012-04-26, 06:36 PM
Toilet Paper!