PDA

View Full Version : Ur Chord

Spuddles
2012-04-26, 10:17 PM
I have a level 4 Dragonfire IC support bard in a current campaign, planning on going into Sublime Chord. Would Ur Priest and Mystic Theurge be worth it? Ur Priest has onerous entry requirements and I am hardly built to enter Sublime Chord.

gorfnab
2012-04-26, 11:16 PM
Bard 7/ Mindbender 1/ Ur-Priest 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Mystic Theurge 8 - dual 9ths are nice, the prereqs suck. As far as if it's worth it...depends on you, your dm, and the campaign. This build really does not come into effect until higher levels. It's fairly MAD and use loose out on some of the nicer Bard abilities. Sublime Chord is nice. Usually what I would recommend is stay SAD and go with Bard 8/ Virtuoso 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 8. It gets 9th level spells, it's SAD, and it gets lots of nice Bard abilities with the prereq issues being for Sublime Chord.

Snowbluff
2012-04-26, 11:22 PM
Sounds pretty sweet. Ur Priest can be taken pre-10, while the chord has to be taken at 11... if you're going for IC max you'll be gimping it for spellcasting. IMO the spell slots >>>> IC. Take SC at 11, 9 in MT and you'll do well for yourself. :smallcool:

Spuddles
2012-04-26, 11:32 PM
My IC is already at +5. I can squeeze another +2 out of that without too much opportunity cost.

The party has no arcane caster, so sublime chord seems like a good idea. We also have no divine caster, so that also seems like a good idea. By the time either ur priest or sublime chord are coming online, skills are becoming less important, so there's less opportuniy cost.

Charisma is 24 and wisdom is 15, so the MAD doesn't hurt that much.

Spuddles
2013-02-15, 12:53 AM
Got the first level of ur priest, gave the char to a friend to play... he promptly killed the ur chord with failure to play smart. Great support character while it lasted.

Darius Kane
2013-02-15, 11:19 AM
Um... You know that thread necro'ing isn't allowed, right?