PDA

View Full Version : Some build help and advice appreciated.

Wilhelm
2012-04-27, 01:48 AM
Hello, I am relatively new to D&D and am building a character for a Ravenloft Campaign. I learn mechanics pretty quickly as I come across them, I just have little practical experience.
The rules are level 8 gestalt and all official WoTC material available except Book of the Nine swords.
We currently have a Cleric who has focused on personal buffs and melee combat, a Factotem/arcane spellcaster who will be our skill monkey (something about a floating feat), and a possible Sorc/Wizard.

I have been working on a Shifter Druid8//Moon-Warded Ranger4/Warshaper3/Master of Many Forms1.
Stat numbers are 22,20,17,20,15,22.

Any advice for feats and spell selection would be appreciated. I also recently read the Daggerspell Shaper and would be grateful of opinions on that as well. I enjoy things with flavor.

Thanks to anyone who bothers to read this and help out.

Rejusu
2012-04-27, 06:24 AM
Well it never hurts to mention Natural Spell, but I assume you have that one covered already.

Also you should slap your DM and explain to him that Tome of Battle is not unbalanced/overpowered, especially considering the party has a Cleric, Druid and possibly even a Wizard! That's like the holy trifectra of 3.5's most broken and overpowered classes, and they're all core too.

Wilhelm
2012-04-27, 12:15 PM
I wasn't clear, sorry. The only banned thing is Vow of Poverty. Book of the Nine swords is by his approval only, I personally don't want to mess with it. I know it isn't broken mechanically, I just think it is silly flavor-wise from what I have read of some of the abilities.