PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Internet Troll (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-27, 07:54 PM
Internet Troll

CR 5 (xp 1,600)
CE Large Humanoid (Giant)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision 60 ft, Low-Light Vision, Scent; Perception +8

Defence

AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 17; (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +5 ego –1 size)
HP 63 (6d8+36)
Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3

Offence

Speed 30 ft.
Melee jaws that bite +8 (1d6+5), 2 claws that catch +8 (1d4+5)
Special Attacks Infuriate, Unexpected Recovery
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

Statistics

Str 21, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 6, Wis 9, Cha 20
Base Atk +4; CMB +10; CMD 22
Feats Intimidating Prowess, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +8, Diplomacy -5
Languages Common, Giant
Special Qualities Anger Feeding

Ecology

Environment dank basements
Organization solitary
Treasure standard

Special Abilities

Infuriate (SP): As an attack action, an internet troll can provoke an enemy within 30 feet who can see and hear them. That enemy must succeed at a DC 20 Will Save (the DC being Charisma-based) or deal half damage with attacks and offensive abilities that don't include the internet troll as a target until the troll leaves the area, is slain, or infuriates someone else.

Unexpected Recovery (SP): You have put together a great argument against the troll that it can't reasonably argue against. You think you have slain it, when it retorts with a post that defies all reason and continues fighting! Once per day, as a full-round action, the troll can write a post that causes it to regain 15 hit points and gain a +2 bonus to AC and saving throws until the start of its next turn.

Anger Feeding (SU): The Internet Troll feeds off the frustration of others. Whenever a creature misses it with an attack, it regains 1d6 hit points.

Internet trolls are wretched beasts that live in the underside of civilization. They wander alleyways at night, catching unlucky insomniacs they finds wandering the streets and harassing them before eating them up. They dislike reason, and have a special hate for lawful characters.

The only beings internet trolls truly fear are celestial creatures called moderators.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQAKFX1P67_8hBtVLgITaf-90cbfNH6O94qfFWGvPKFJJfXeAV https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFWrTYQgsOjMypEqKePJ0QVLoT9ZBz2 RIjb0bi7A3K7qjUTHT_

NOTES:
The internet troll is a "joke" monster, but it is meant to be fully playable and balanced. Please tell me what you think.

Howler Dagger
2012-04-27, 09:36 PM
It needs to be healed y flame attacks, because flaming feeds the trolls.

Grod_The_Giant
2012-04-27, 10:01 PM
It should have regeneration for as long as players are paying attention to it. Maybe every time someone says something about it (besides the bare minimum "I full attack the troll") it regains 5 health?

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-27, 10:07 PM
It should have regeneration for as long as players are paying attention to it. Maybe every time someone says something about it (besides the bare minimum "I full attack the troll") it regains 5 health?

I'd probably make it that it regains 5 hp if it was a target of anything from any creature in the previous round. You could limit it to sentient creatures.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-27, 10:32 PM
I'd probably make it that it regains 5 hp if it was a target of anything from any creature in the previous round. You could limit it to sentient creatures.
I sort of already have this with Anger Feeding.

That would be overpowered for a CR 5 monster, and would discourage awesome attack descriptions. Neat idea, though.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-27, 10:47 PM
I sort of already have this with Anger Feeding.

Yes, but that's only if they miss an attack. And it doesn't have a high AC.

That would be overpowered for a CR 5 monster, and would discourage awesome attack descriptions. Neat idea, though.

The standard troll is CR 5. :smallconfused:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-27, 10:50 PM
I upped its AC by increasing the Natural Armour* and ego bonuses.

*I spell "armour" like that because I'm Canadian.

Yitzi
2012-04-28, 08:52 PM
If this is to be playable, it shouldn't reference post-writing in the rules.

Also, the DC for Infuriate should be Charisma-based, with a high racial bonus to bring it to the point you find appropriate. You also might want to have a high Charisma (instead of the racial bonus), probably with a strong racial penalty on Diplomacy; trolls, while unpopular, do have a very strong personality, and would actually be good at several notable CHA-based skills such as Bluff and Intimidate.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-28, 09:18 PM
If this is to be playable, it shouldn't reference post-writing in the rules.

Also, the DC for Infuriate should be Charisma-based, with a high racial bonus to bring it to the point you find appropriate. You also might want to have a high Charisma (instead of the racial bonus), probably with a strong racial penalty on Diplomacy; trolls, while unpopular, do have a very strong personality, and would actually be good at several notable CHA-based skills such as Bluff and Intimidate.

Good ideas. I shall implement them.

eftexar
2012-04-28, 11:47 PM
Funny, but shouldn't infuriate only work against targets that can't see the internet troll. :smalltongue: