PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Illumian Shadowcaster Sigils and Feats?

GreenSerpent
2012-04-28, 08:37 AM
As it says in the title!

What two power sigils are most useful for an Illumian Shadowcaster (fixed using Mouseferatu's fixes)? In addition, which feats would be most useful for her?

Stats are STR 13, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 16, WIS 10, CHA 17.

Help is much appreciated, thanks!

FearlessGnome
2012-04-28, 09:07 AM
First of all, see if you can't rearrange the stats. Either you make a gish, and so dump charisma, or you make a Shadowcaster, and so dump strength. I personally would put charisma up to 18 at the cost of some strength.

I would also ask the DM very nicely if you couldn't use this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161874) fix instead of the author's one. It doesn't solve all the issues, but it's a good place to start.

Feats:
Shadow Familiar.
Improved Familiar. If Good aligned, instead Celestial Familiar. A Dark Coure Eladrin is fantastic.
Favoured Mystery: Greater Shadow Evocation. Supernatural contingency. As a standard action!
Extend Mystery.
Reach Mystery.
Maximize Mystery.

Lastly, don't forget: Shadowcasters have simultaneously the lowest number of spells known and spells to choose from out of any of the full casters. The sorcerer feats "X Bloodline" from Dragon Magazine are your birthright. And if there is anything particular you want that is not on the spell list, ask if you can't research a new Mystery every now and then.

Cieyrin
2012-04-28, 11:33 AM
First of all, see if you can't rearrange the stats. Either you make a gish, and so dump charisma, or you make a Shadowcaster, and so dump strength. I personally would put charisma up to 18 at the cost of some strength.

Given how high the scores are, it looks like they're rolled, as opposed to point buy, so that's what we have to work with.

As for the sigils, depending on whether you want to pursue gish or caster, Aeshkrau, Uurhoon, Uurkrau, Vaulaesh, Vaulkrau or Vauluur can all work reasonably well. For feats, I favor Line of Shadow, Shadow Cast, Still Mystery, Favored Mystery and Reach Mystery for shadowcaster specific feats, since they're all fairly unique to shadowcasting and not easily replicable, so you may as well as take advantage.