PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Ultimate Brains Over Brawn Warrior?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-04-28, 10:51 AM
I love DEX and INT based characters, and I like smacking things with a bow or blade.

My personal best DEX and INT character is an Eldritch Knight archer, but it takes quite a few levels to come online, and I dislike having to keep track of all my special arrows. Its also somewhat annoying when a Wind Wall gets thrown up.

IN your opinion, what is the best Brains over Brawn Warrior? Its okay if they can cast spells, but they should be able to hold their own in a fight too, either with archery or in melee.

Thanks in advance!

Yorrin
2012-04-28, 11:59 AM
Depends... is this 3.P or straight PF?

If 3.P grab the Kirin Style feats from Ultimate Combat, Knowledge Devotion from Complete Champion, and anything with PF's version of Lore (1/2 class levels on knowledge checks). Gives you +5 Attack, +5 Damage, +2 on Saves, and +2 AC vs AOs all against any foe you identify (which should be no problem with Kirin Path's ability to take 10 on Knowledge checks for these purposes), as well as reposition yourself around the foe if it ends its turn in your threatened area.

Seems like a good place to start.

grarrrg
2012-04-28, 12:26 PM
Long Answer: I'll just leave this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232392) here...
It's still missing some useful tricks/dips, but it's...interesting.

Short Answer: Kensai Magus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/kensai)

Righteous Doggy
2012-04-28, 12:51 PM
Warblades make nice Intellect based warriors. Half of their class features are intellect based, 4 skillpoints per level, and you do much more than just smack someone with a big sword. Just like a fighter you can build them for finesse and the like, and plenty of maneuvers are more than just brute force.

Edit: blargh, missed the pf part. Darn you brain!

deuxhero
2012-04-28, 02:16 PM
Dervish Dance Magus is what you are looking for. Dex and Int (plus con like everyone) from level 3 (though finessed rapier is passable at level 1/2)

Psyren
2012-04-28, 02:39 PM
IN your opinion, what is the best Brains over Brawn Warrior? Its okay if they can cast spells, but they should be able to hold their own in a fight too, either with archery or in melee.

Magus and Alchemist are both very great brainy gishes. Neither one needs much work to get going.

Anderlith
2012-04-28, 02:46 PM
Student of War

Larpus
2012-04-28, 03:11 PM
Magus and Alchemist are both very great brainy gishes. Neither one needs much work to get going.
Indeed.

Magus even has some most probably unintentional but still very interesting synergy with Arcane Archer, easily reaching a +10 bow out of a normal bow.

Alchemist can either roll with a decent Str score relying on Mutagen for melee, grab Weapon Finesse for his natural weapons to not rely on Str or forgo it all and stay at a distance with bombs and bows/xbows. There's even the Vivisectionist archetype if you're into rolling a Roguish character.