PDA

View Full Version : Help with figuring out what level of enchantment this enchantment is.

BoutsofInsanity
2012-04-28, 12:32 PM
I have an enchantment I want to give a player for his weapon. I however, do not know how much the enchantment is worth, is it a +1 or +2 enchantment, and why.

Assume the house ruled that when using range combat you may add your dexterity to damage when using a ranged weapon.

The enchantment is returning 2.0. Rather then the weapon returning at the end of the round after the weapon was thrown, it instead returns immediately after hitting or missing the target allowing the thrower to make multiple attacks with a single throwing weapon at a full attack action.

What level of enchantment would this be?

An Example would be, as opposed to buying 4 throwing hammers to make a full attack action at full BAB as level 20 fighter, and enchanting them all with the returning enchantment, you only need one hammer to do the job.

rweird
2012-04-28, 01:34 PM
I'd say still +1, I my opinion, returning should already do that, mundane has enough troubles without having to buy 4 magic hammers to make a level 20 full attack (TWF chain + Rapid Shot) and 2 end up at your feet next turn.

Urpriest
2012-04-28, 01:53 PM
Throwing isn't good enough compared to melee or bows to justify this being especially pricy. Put it at +1 if you want to throw them a bone, or if you want to balance it based on Returning I'd give it a +1 but make it require Returning, like some of the enhancements in the Magic Item Compendium.