PDA

View Full Version : Good Cerebremancer feats...

ExtravagantEvil
2012-04-28, 12:46 PM
I've been wandering around Google, trying to answer this question that is says on the Tin.
I've got no word on whether my DM is allowing Early entry cheese, so I want to
Know, for the standard Wizard/Psion/Cerebremancer set up, what are some good feats to take?

Is it good to take both Practiced Spellcaster and Manifester or should I reserve one or the other.
I like the idea of focusing on supplemental illusions and conjurations on the arcane side, letting the Psion handling blasting and enchanting and so on.

Please help, thank you :smallsmile:

Calanon
2012-04-28, 12:52 PM
I like the idea of focusing on supplemental illusions and conjurations on the arcane side, letting the Psion handling blasting and enchanting and so on.

Please help, thank you :smallsmile:

I personally use Wizard for blasting, Conjuring, Shapechanging (Pretty much everything) and Psion for Enchanting and Illusions (This makes it ok to ban Illusions and Enchantments :smallbiggrin:)

EDIT: Psionic Meditation is always good, Burrowing Power, Enlarge power, and Widen power are always personal favorites for a Telepath (Scan for a bunch of victims in a map and then just snipe any one of your choosing with a dominate and cause a civil war).

eggs
2012-04-28, 01:06 PM
Psionics is all over Evocation and Enchantment, but Illusions are hard to ban. Even with Hyperconscious, Psionics has trouble imitating [Greater] Mirror Image or Invisibility.

I tend to only use Cerebremancer for action economy abuse, which often locks up a few feats for Practiced Manifester, Linked Power, Psionic Meditation, Expanded Knowledge (Schism) for non-Telepaths, Expanded Knowledge (Hustle) for non-Egoists, plus the obligatory Quicken Spell, possibly Practiced Spellcaster (definitely if >2 caster levels lost, maybe if 1-2 lost) and Obtain Familiar if using a Familiar-swapping ACF.

At that point, fill in with whatever the specific concept needs.