PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Critique Yet Another Monk!

Flob
2012-04-28, 05:19 PM
Well hello there playground. I have a monk that I've been working on that I need critiqued. It doesn't need to be an unstoppable force of destruction and anger, as we are a mid-op group, but it will be our "tank". Here it is.

Level 5 Qinggong Hungry Ghost Monk
Race: Vanara
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 20
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 18
Charisma: 4 (holy dump stat Batman!)

Feats:
Weapon Finesse
Agile Manuevers
Dodge
Toughness
Improved Grapple

Skill Modifier Ranks
Acrobatics: 15 5
Escape Artist: 11 3
Knowleges: Who cares, it's knowlege.
Perception: 12 5
Sense Motive: 8 1
Stealth: 15 5
Swim: 7 3

For things that have been replaced with Qinggong, I have replaced Slow Fall with Barkskin, as I have a climb speed anyway and should be fine with rolling after falls. Also, we're in a city, and I'll be careful to stay away from ledges. My current plan is an unarmed monk that will start off combat either by rushing in like a maniac, or dropping from the ceiling and grappling an opponent.

Also, my AC: 23= +4 (wis) +5 (dex) +1 (monk AC) +1 (dodge) +1 (bracers of armor +1) +1 (ring of protection +1)

I can add barksin to this to bump it up to 25, and use a point of key to bump it up again to 28 (please note that this bonus doesn't stack with Dodge, and this is why it's only 28 and not 29). Questions, comments, concerns?

Edit: Our party consists of the following level 5ish characters.
Half-Elf sorcerer who doesn't fully understand what he's doing, but deals some damage.

Kobold Summoner/rogue: His snake has an AC in the low 20's and helps with tanking. The Kobold enjoys making sneak attacks with his crossbow.

Humans Barbarian/fighter: He smashes things faces in with his earthbreaker in combination with power attack/furious focus/cleave. Assuming he hits, that is.

Goblin Cavalier: He shows up extremely occassionally, but is not a very good tank anyway.

And my old character who just died was our tank/healer/crowd control, a human monk.

Thank you,
Flob