PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Warforged alchemist. advice please

mikalife1
2012-04-28, 06:27 PM
So a friend of mine is planning a underwater pathfinder campaign.
And I was struck by an awesomely horrifying idea a warforged alchemist focusing on bombs:smallbiggrin:. I managed to convince the dm that with streamlined vials and a high str a useful bomb range could be achieved. So any advice other than I'm an idiot:smallconfused:?

AslanCross
2012-04-28, 06:31 PM
Well, at least you can't drown. D: How are you handling the racial ability bonuses of the warforged? Since it's not a native PF race, that's the first thing I had to fix.

grarrrg
2012-04-28, 06:41 PM
underwater...warforged

Make sure you are made out of Silversheen (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/special-materials#TOC-Silversheen)?

Waker
2012-04-28, 06:44 PM
Figuring out what if any changes to the Warforged have been made might make some impact on what people will suggest. Regardless of this, I suggest that you strongly consider getting one of of the elemental variants for your bombs such as Acid Bomb or Concussive Bomb, as they will prove rather limited underwater. In order to overcome the issue of fighting underwater you may want to consider the Explosive Missile discovery which lets you imbue a bombs effect onto a projectile.
Can't really make any other suggestions without more information on what you want your character to do.

mikalife1
2012-04-28, 06:45 PM
well the way It looks to me dropping the stat penalties entirely wouldn't break things but keeping the cha penalty fits the racial flavor well.
One thing I'm not sure on is racial favored class bonuses.

mikalife1
2012-04-28, 07:19 PM
well i want to focus on bombs mostly blasting but also using tricks like tanglefoot bombs to pin down fast swimmers and i a trick i think will work using the frost bomb to create areas of ice:smallbiggrin:.(though the dm hasn't gotten back to me on this yet.)

grarrrg
2012-04-28, 09:17 PM
In order to give more useful advice, we're probably going to need to know 'exactly' what Racials the Warforged is going to have, and how your DM is going to rule on being Underwater.