PDA

View Full Version : Tetori Monk Full Build

The_Scourge
2012-04-28, 08:33 PM
A couple friends are putting together a big 4 part Pathfinder game this summer. 4 "modules" one each at levels 4, 8, 16, and 20.

I'm no stranger to Pathfinder but I want to give myself a challange. I'm looking to see if I can make a Tetori monk work through all four modules.

I'm thinking a Pro-Wrestler style personalty for him, a kind of cross between Zangief and that red haired guy from Jackie Chan Adventures. A-la Los Tiburon, I shall grapple ALL THE THINGS.

Here's my feat progression so far broken up by each round, let me know what you think/how I can improve/why this is a dumb idea etc.

Round 1
H: Snapping Turtle Style
1: [blank]
B1: Improved Grapple
B2: Stunning Pin
3:Snapping Turtle Clutch

Round 2
5: Combat Reflexes
B6: Greater Grapple
7: Jawbreaker

Round 3
9: Rapid Grappler
B10: Pinning Knockout
11: Bonebreaker

Round 4 and five are open as far as feats go. The one thing I'm really concerned about is the few occasions where I'll be unable to grapple. How do I keep him useful in these situations?

Theoretical Grapple numbers are looking like this:
Level 4: +11 =4(level)+4(str)+2(imp. grapple)+1(amulet of MF)

Level 8: +23=8(level)+6(str)+4(grtr. grapple)+1(amulet of MF) +4(grab)

Level 12: +29=12(level)+7(str)+4(grtr. grapple)+2(amulet of MF) +4(grab)

Level 16: +36=16(level)+9(str)+4(grtr. grapple)+3(amulet of MF) +4(grab)

Level 20: +45=20(level)+12(str)+4(grtr. grapple)+5(amulet of MF) +4(grab)

An additional floating +6 can be factored in from a few spells that add to grapple cmb.

Pathfinder Core Material is allowed [Core, APG, UC, and UM] and can be found here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) and the Tetori archetype is here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/tetori)

Thanks for the help Playgrounders

Edit: put this in the wrong forum, please move to 3.5 etc

Doorhandle
2012-04-29, 06:20 AM
Snapping turtle clutch?
... Never thought of using that but now it makes a lot of sense, (partially because I just like dragon style so much better.)

Anyway, I don't know the content of 99% of the pathfinder advenutre paths but there are a few things of which I have heard. For one, I heard they love swarms, so have a backup plan for those. (Dragon style is good for that but this may not help because). If your D.M lets you replace redundant feats, consider getting chokehold early as you can get it much sooner than you receive it from your bonus feats.

As for magic items, monk's robe, Headband of wisdom, belt of physical protection and Armlet of Mighty fists will be useful: headband is most important for you at high levels because it improved the D.Cs of your dispelling powers. For the mighty fists one, consider just making it all item-powers and using greater magic weapon (wands thereof or gifts from friends) for the attack bonuses. You will want rings of resistance or similar buffs (particularly fire), as the enemies which have properties like heat are going to be painful to grapple. Likewise, a Ring of freedom of movement is going to be ideal for you on the rare occasion when you do fail the check.

Pining is require for some of your powers and is the best debuff you can apply, so try to get bigger for the grappling bonuses and to pin larger things.

I have no other real tips.