PDA

View Full Version : Something odd I just noticed on tvtropes

Togath
2012-04-28, 11:21 PM
a moment ago I decided to look to see just what had been deleted due to the incident a few days ago, but, at least from the pages I looked at it appears mostly(or entirely intact), even one of the pages mentioned as having been deleted appeared to be there(the fate/stay night one (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VisualNovel/FateStayNight?from=Main.FateStayNight)), along with something that from the description of the things being removed seemed like the sort of thing that would be one of the first to go(moetan).

So did anything actually end up happening?
Have the deletions just not taken place yet? Or did the owner of the site just decide not to remove things?, Did he actually intend to delete a bunch of things in the first place anyway?
I realize that the main thread about the incident was removed, but I'm not trying to start a thread to discuss it, just to see if anyone knows if the deletions are still planned., or if something has changed with the schedule/plans.

Lord Seth
2012-04-29, 02:11 AM
From my understanding they took down a lot of pages at once as a precautionary measure, and were planning to then look at them individually as to which ones actually needed to be removed, and to restore any that were okay.

Elm11
2012-04-29, 02:36 AM
This is very similar to a previously locked thread, so we should probably avoid the topic.

Togath
2012-04-29, 02:45 AM
From my understanding they took down a lot of pages at once as a precautionary measure, and were planning to then look at them individually as to which ones actually needed to be removed, and to restore any that were okay.

ah.

This is very similar to a previously locked thread, so we should probably avoid the topic.

Aye, I realize that, but I thought it would probably be fine to make a thread asking if it was showing things for everyone or if it was a bug with my computer somehow, and from the sound of it, it is mostly back-up(I was also thinking of asking the thread to be locked now that I've gotten an answer, just to prevent any problems coming up like in the first thread)

Lord Seth
2012-04-29, 04:57 PM
This is very similar to a previously locked thread, so we should probably avoid the topic.The topic was locked because discussion veered into real world politics; the locking had nothing to do with the topics (so far) being discussed here.

The Glyphstone
2012-04-29, 05:14 PM
Great Modthulhu: Regardless, the thread was locked, and should not be re-opened without approval.