View Full Version : [3.5] Martial Study

GreenSerpent
2012-04-28, 11:59 PM
Greetings!

In a game I am joining I intend to play a Dragonborn Mongrelfolk UA variant Rogue 2/Dragonfire Adept 3. My current build looks like:

UA variant Rogue 1/Dragonfire Adept 3/UA variant Rogue 1 - once I level I intend to continue in Dragonfire Adept.

I've decided to grab Martial Study for the second Rogue bonus feat, but I am having difficulties deciding what to take. Any suggestions?

(as might be expected, my CON is through the roof (25) while my DEX and INT are decent, STR is average and WIS and CHA are very poor)

Rainbownaga
2012-04-29, 12:25 AM
Diamond Mind might be useful depending on how frequent will attacks are in your campaign (seems perfectly suited to your character, but it is only once per battle).

Why did you pick martial study? Is there a class skill you want, or do you want it for the boosts/attacks/stances?

GreenSerpent
2012-04-29, 12:30 AM
Well, it was mostly because I didn't qualify for many other Fighter bonus feats and thought it might be a decent one. And yes, I have Improved Initiative ;)

Any other feat suggestions are always good, if there's something I'm missing. I currently have Able Learner (DM ruling), Entangling Exhalation, Ability Focus (breath weapon), (DFA bonus) Dragontouched, (Rogue bonus) Improved Initiative.

Emperor Tippy
2012-04-29, 12:39 AM
What are you using Feat Rogue for then? I mean if you can't even come up with 2 fighter bonus feats that you want, why take it when those feats are the classes main benefit?

As for what you should pick, it really depends on what you want to do. Remember that you will only be able to use your maneuver once per encounter. That makes grabbing something like Shadow Jaunt (which requires at least 6 HD) the best use, not for it's in-combat use but for it's out of combat utility.

sonofzeal
2012-04-29, 05:40 AM
"Sudden Leap" is good for allowing movement followed by a full attack.

"Cloak of Deception" is useful to trigger SA, or for proper sneaking.

"Emerald Razor" limits you to a single attack, but almost guarantees it'll hit.

"Mountain Hammer" is a little extra damage and good for beating tough DR, and also has utility applications in the field of demolitions.

Malachei
2012-04-29, 10:13 AM
I'd suggest you grab something from Shadow Hand, so you can take Martial Stance: Assassin's Stance.