PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Fighter (Weapon Master)/Rogue (Knife Master)

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-04-29, 01:18 AM
trying to optimize some TWF here... always good for a challenge.,,,

Fighter (Weapon Master) 4 /Rogue (Knife Master) 8

STR 10
DEX 17
CON 14
INT 13
WIS 12
CHA 13

1 Finesse
1 TWF
3 Two Weapon Feint
5 Skill Focus: Bluff
7 ITWF
9 Iron Will
11 Toughness/imp. Iron Will

Fighter Feats
1 (L1) Combat Expertise
2 (L3) Weapon Focus
3 (Weapon Training: Dagger)
4 L7) Specialization

Rogue Talents
2 (L4) Fast Stealth
4 (L8) Imp. Two Weapon Feint
6 (L10) Offensive Defense
8 (L12) Surprise Attack

Traits:
River Rat
???

Seems as though you should be doing decent damage with d8's for Sneak Attack, dual wielding daggers. Later, with Two Weapon Feinting lots of d8's should be rolled. River Rat gives a +1 to damage, Weapon Master gives Weapon training (another +1 to hit and damage) at level 3 of Fighter. At level 4 of Fighter, Weapon Specialization comes online. At that point, you should be able to afford two +1 agile daggers.

I dunno, seems alright for a Fighter Rogue. Any thoughts? This is just me being bored.:smallbiggrin:

grarrrg
2012-04-29, 02:34 AM
I'm assuming Human, since you have an extra Feat at level 1.
You've also no included Favored Class bonuses.

You have more Rogue levels, so you'll probably want to favor that.
Humans get +1/6 Rogue Talent. Not bad, but slow.

Consider Half-Elf, you can Favor both Fighter and Rogue.
The Favored Rogue bonus is particularly useful for you "Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to feint and Diplomacy checks to gather information"
Also, you can either put the Skill Focus towards Bluff (as you have), OR you can trade it for the Dual-Minded Racial Trait which gives +2 Will saves, which can either replace, or stack with Iron Will.

On a more build-related note.
Consider using Punching Daggers (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons) and take Brawler (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/brawler) Fighter instead of Weapon Master. You'll get +2 damage per hit out of the deal.
Punching Daggers do the same damage, but have 20/x3 crits instead of 19-20/x2, and they are not 'throwing'.

NOTE: Punching Daggers are the only match between the Knife Master list and the Close Weapons list, others could/should be on both lists, but you'd need DM approval.