PDA

View Full Version : Myth Drannor

Daftendirekt
2012-04-29, 01:24 AM
Myth Drannor

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/judeferguson42/86695.jpg

The wind-driven rain beats hard against the paved streets and drums loudly against the rooftops as you make your way through the nearly-empty streets of Caer Callidyrr, the towering height of the white granite tower to the west ever in your vision. The few city guardsmen out in this weather give you passing glances as they hurry to drier, warmer environs. As you draw closer to the tower, its height all the more obvious as you stand at its foot, you feel a strong sense of age about it; the ivy heavily covering its base, the few places where the rock has slightly crumbled, and the huge oak trees that are completely dwarfed in size by it.

As you arrive, you notice other shapes moving towards the tower -- clearly you were not the only one drawn by the notices in the city's streets and taverns.

CGforever!
2012-04-29, 06:38 AM
Aerowyn skulks back into a nearby alley or rooftop and hides to watch those coming to the tower. In the meantime, Aerowyn studies the tower, looking for entrances and other details. Sahandrian hangs from his usual perch between Aerowyns' tunic and cloak, dry from the rain.

Lostbutseeking
2012-04-29, 12:00 PM
Shielding her eyes with her hand, her hair streams behind her despite being soaked by the rain, such is the force of the wind as Luisa struggles upwind towards the colossal tower.

Thinking back to the her in the libraries of Silverymoon as she walks, she tries to remember if she has ever read anything about this tower.

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge: Architecture & Engineering [roll1]
and Knowledge: Religon [roll2]

Cleavon
2012-04-29, 04:08 PM
Farus Wellshire:elan:

As his heavily plated boots made the walk towards the tower, his eyes caught sight of the others that seemed to be traveling the same route as he. He stayed silent for now, his only mission to reach the tower and inquire about the ancient elven city.

He truly felt that he had been lead here, to these far off isles, if only to give him this opportunity to see the mystical place that his old mentor had often revered in tales. His armor and shield looked well taken care of, despite the rain that flattened his normally fair and perfect hair.

As he reached the base of the tower he turned, settling his hands across his wide belt as he looked back at the others that approached. He looked up and investigated the door for a moment, to see if there was any sort of knocking device, or anyone about to speak to about gaining entrance.

Daftendirekt
2012-04-29, 11:06 PM
As soon as Farus approaches the base of the tower, the seemingly smooth, seamless surface starts glowing in the shape of a door wide enough for one person to fit through, the stone flowing away like curtains parting, revealing a winding set of staircases that apparently leads up into the tower proper.

Reikenbach
2012-04-30, 01:12 PM
The city watchmen had tossed him odd looks as they passed by, likely unused to seeing someone of his height. But he didn't seem to be causing any trouble, and they weren't getting paid enough to stand around in the rain asking questions; a few seemed jealous that the giant appeared to be bone-dry, but they all hurried onward to their destinations without comment.

Urlom liked it that way. When the smallfolk spoke with him, it was usually with a touch of fright in their voice or, among the more well-traveled sort, questions about the weather and how it was up there. Surely they didn't think he experienced a different climate a mere three or four feet higher than themselves.

As he made his way through the waterlogged streets, drawing ever-closer to the ivory spire, his thoughts shift a moment, focusing on the landmark. He'd heard of the tower, read of it. What was it he'd found, in those dusty tomes and cramped taverns?

And there were others, of course: at least two, from what he saw. A bulky figure who stood before the tower, unafraid, and another, slender form that made its way uphill against the wind and rain. Urlom privately admitted that their business could have been of a nature different than his own. He also knew that it wasn't. Coincidences didn't work like that.

So the giant continues toward the tower, coming to a stop behind the armored man and waiting politely for the first to arrive to be the first to enter.

Lore check on the tower.
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (History): [roll1]

Lostbutseeking
2012-04-30, 08:25 PM
Finally arriving at the foot of the tower Luisa takes shelter from the rain behind a true giant of a man.

"Such delightful weather. I do hope you don't mind if I treat you as a harbor wall in this squall my good sir. Are we going in or for a swim?" the torrent of words rushes out in a surprisingly cheerful voice given their content.

Cleavon
2012-05-01, 12:28 AM

As the door swung open ahead of him, his eyes lit up a bit. To be out of the rain, and seemingly welcomed into the tower where he might find out more about the posting around the town.

He stepped inside to get himself out of the rain, pulling a handkerchief from his belt pouch and working it over his face and up over his hair. He took a long look at the furnishings about him, before turning and regarding the people who seemed to be gathering behind him.

"Well met. Let us get out of the rain and see if anyone is about...Might you two be here on account of the postings about the town?"

He made way for them to enter as well, before turning and looking again to see if there was anyone to greet them, or if he might just end up calling out a friendly greeting.

Reikenbach
2012-05-01, 10:14 AM
Urlom ducks as he passes through the archway. After a moment spent examining the tower's interior, he starts toward the staircase, beginning the long walk up to the floors above.

"Yes," is all the effort he makes in answering the man's question.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-01, 10:42 AM
Luisa follows the giant of a man inside the ensorcelled entrance of the white tower.

"I am indeed here due to the postings, in part at least, curiosity is a fairly strong trait of mine" Luisa tries to bring her hair back under control for a few moments before continuing "Mostly I am curious as to who built this charming tower and who lives here now, someone powerful no doubt, but who?"

Daftendirekt
2012-05-01, 10:56 AM
The group makes their way up the winding stairs for what feels like an hour, but is in fact probably more like a few minutes. As a landing finally emerges in front of them, they finally get a look of the tower proper. The current room is quite large and spacious, possibly taking up the entire circumference of the tower; its space is filled with shelves loaded with ancient books, several tables strewn with strange objects and tattered scrolls, and glass displays filled with yet more esoteric objects. From the ceiling hangs a strange contraption of metal and crystals that an unlearned person might simply call an exotic chandelier, but what worldly folk would recognize as raptoran liessit, an artistic item meant to produce spectacular arrays of light.

Taking all this in, the group then notices a figure -- garbed in heavy layered robes of black and crimson -- stepping down from a slightly raised platform at the far end of the room, leaning upon a staff as he approaches them and smiles congenially. One's first impression is that of any sun elf -- fine features, golden skin, white-blonde hair and blue eyes. But then one gets a good look at him and notices the fine lines around his eyes and mouth, and the copious amounts of gray in his blonde hair, and they realize that this elf must be very old, for elves almost always appear ageless.

"Good to see you finally came," he says with a bow. "I just finished brewing a pot of tea, if you'd all like to have a cup. It's a strong Calim****e brew."

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-01, 12:09 PM
Looking around at the room Luisa takes in the more than modest library, walking around a few of the shelves peering at the titles tells her that the library is not merely sizeable but of very quality.

Giving a curtsey to the undeniably ancient elf after the sound of his tapping staff alerts her to his presence, the age and dress suggests that the current occupier is quite possibly the 'builder' of the tower as well. Someone to be treated with a great deal of respect.

"I am most glad to be here, even if you discount the extra incentive the weather provides anyone to be out of it. I am Luisa, called Starsong and I should certainly welcome tea"

Cleavon
2012-05-01, 02:17 PM
Farus Wellshire:Elan:

As they made their way up the stairs, Farus took a moment to look over the small band. They all seemed capable enough, and if this really did lead to some sort of expedition back to his homeland, and towards his current residence then he would be more than happy to travel with such a troupe.

As the Elven figure rose and spoke with such a kind manner he let out with a wide smile.

"Thank you for your hospitality kind sir. My name is Farus, Farus Wellshire. It appears the postings in the town have drawn quite a company to your fine abode."

Reikenbach
2012-05-01, 02:50 PM
The giant casts an eye toward displays and shelves, his gaze lingering on the books for a few moments. The legendary collection! Surely something he could use lay within its stores; he'd have to request access once this was all through.

Urlom turns back to the ancient elf before them. His evident age was clue enough in itself for the giant to guess his identity, and he gives the much smaller, wizened figure a bow. The end result is that the two are about eye-level.

"Lord Talarasha. An honor.

If it is no imposition, I will take a small vessel of drink."

CGforever!
2012-05-01, 04:01 PM
Aerowyn appears from the staircase, backpack and loop of rope slung over one shoulder. He lowers his soaked hood, grinning slightly at any looks of surprise. "No thank you, Elder."

He takes a long time looking about the room, paying close attention to both the people and items within. He has never seen a raptoran or been anywhere near their lands, and his eyes linger on the liessit. "Is this your tower?"

Daftendirekt
2012-05-01, 11:21 PM
Filling a few delicate blue porcelain cups with tea, he sets them down on the one clear table in the room and gestures for the others to sit. Lowering himself into one seat with a sigh, he leans his staff against the table and looks around at them all in turn before speaking.

"It is indeed my home, and it has been for a very long time while I have done my work. I am one of a group tasked with safeguarding the items of this world deemed too powerful to fall into just anybody's hands; thus you see the collection around you. I should warn you not to attempt to take any of them. The results could be unpleasant.

And that's where I come to why I sent out my summons. I believe a new item has surfaced, one I long thought lost forever. It is either a ring or a bracelet -- its form changes over time, it is said. I will not tell you its powers, for that is forbidden by my order. However, I will warn you: as you no doubt know, Myth Drannor is no play area. It is full of dangerous creatures and latent magicks beyond count, and much caution should be had while traversing it. But, if you believe yourselves up to the task, I would send you there to retrieve this item for me. The compensation would be generous, for during my time I have amassed a moderate amount of 'safe' magical items that I myself have no use for."

His piece said, he falls silent and awaits a reply from one of the gathered individuals.

Cleavon
2012-05-02, 04:42 AM

Sitting down, he listened to the old elfs story. His eyes flitted around the room when he mentioned the collection, the items gathered here seeming old indeed. He was intent to hear the entire story, and when it was through he shrugged his shoulders easily, as if his mind was made up on the spot.

"I have long wished to see the grandeur of the ancient city, and if you say this item would be safer in your hands, then so be it. There is much to be learned from such a journey. Perhaps even secrets of the martial disciplines that I have sought for these past years. I am fully ready to make such a journey. In fact I was headed that way myself. I call Dagger Falls my home and it is but a stones throw from Myth Drannor itself.

His excitement it seemed was hard to contain as he turned his head towards the rest of the people gathered.

"what say you, then? Shall we make this trip together? Myth Drannor is certainly dangerous, and as a team we would have much better luck."

CGforever!
2012-05-02, 09:59 AM
Many questions flit through Aerowyns' mind, (Why don't you or your fellows get it yourselves? What does this item look like? Where exactly is it?), but he pauses a moment after selecting one, thinking his question over. "What order do you speak of?"

He doesn't drink any tea, and he hopes Talarasha doesn't mind.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-02, 10:18 AM
"The Olin Gisiae," is all Talarasha says. "And I'm sure you're wondering... 'if he's so powerful, why doesn't he go and get it himself?'. Well, most of my efforts are quite focused here, upon my task, so that I cannot. As for the rest of my order, its ranks have sadly been dwindling lately, and no one can be spared at the moment."

@Aerowyn
As elves, you are aware that the Olin Gisiae -- Elven for 'Secret Keepers' -- are an order of magi that are tasked with protecting the most dangerous and powerful artifacts from falling into the wrong hands. Part of keeping these items safe is keeping the existence and identity of the order a complete secret within Elven society. No non-elf must know the full details of the order.

Reikenbach
2012-05-02, 11:56 AM
The giant stares at Farus as he speaks so eagerly. Did the man really speak like that? Was he really so exuberant in the face of dangers that had toppled one of the strongest bastions of civilization in history? Urlom supposed the man chattered away out of earnest intentions; humans were notoriously short-lived, after all. The giant's own kind may not have fared much better, but his own lifespan was certainly above the norm, and he'd adopted an outlook to match.

"Is there a name for this relic?" he inquires, rumbling to life like some long-dormant volcano. "Or is that also a secret to be withheld?"

Cleavon
2012-05-02, 04:36 PM

As he sat back and listened to what the gathered group had to say to their host, he thought about what they must be thinking. Myth Drannor was no easy egg to crack, and his excitement stemmed from the city being such an enigma in his homeland. His mentor had spoken of it so often, with such reverence, that he had always sought for a quest to bring him into its mighty halls.

He realized though that the people gathered for this quest were actually trying to gather the correct information, which hadn't been far from his own mind. He simply had wanted to make his intention of joining this quest to be cemented in their hosts mind. He listened intently as their questions were answered, making note of any details and committing them to memory.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-02, 06:30 PM
Facing Farus, Luisa speaks briefly

"I should be happy enough to visit, to see another Mythal, well that is no small thing."

"I confess though, that I too find myself curious to know what this artifact is called, if indeed it has a name."

Daftendirekt
2012-05-02, 08:17 PM
The ancient elven mage nods his head and rises, heading over to one of the packed bookcases. He pulls out a yellowed, tattered scroll and spreads it out on the table. On it are two images -- a bracelet and a ring, wrought of a strange white-silver metal and depicted to be surrounded by an otherworldly luminescence. Under them is an inscription in Elven.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/judeferguson42/Myth%20Drannor/daedrim.jpg

"Daedrim it is called," Talarasha says. So, what are your thoughts? Would any of you be interested in undertaking this task on my behalf? Gratitude, thanks, and rewards would not be wanting."

CGforever!
2012-05-03, 12:41 PM
Aerowyn calmly studies the scroll while listening to the others speak. ("Daedrim?")

When Talarasha asks if they will go, ("There are many things I would do in order to see Myth Drannor and live to remember it.") He looks up from the scroll, "I am interested, Elder, though I have many questions."

He pauses for a moment, to give others a chance to speak and to gather his thoughts, "Doing anything in Myth Drannor will be difficult. Do you have an idea where we will find the Daedrim? Can you aid us in any way, other than placing us there? Do you own any maps that we could use? Can you name any of the dangers we might face, that we might prepare against them in particular? Is anyone else after the Daedrim?"

Instead of just gushing that out, I intended each question to be asked after the last was answered, if he got to ask them at all.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-03, 01:17 PM
"The circle I shall create to send you there will be two-way. If you ever feel overwhelmed, just head back to it and you will be brought back here to regroup. I do also have some supplies I could send with you. As for Daedrim's location, I am afraid I cannot say for certain. After extensive study, I am lead to believe that it is somewhere in Myth Drannor. While you explore, look for texts that you think may prove useful, I shall study them and attempt to glean more clues."

While he talks, Talarasha moves about the room, gathering things. He sets a few small boxes on a table, as well as a map (http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/judeferguson42/Myth%20Drannor/MD_start_map.jpg), and then heads back up onto the raised platform he was on when the group first entered, a large pouch in his hand. He walks in a circle on the platform, murmuring strange words as he does so, occasionally pausing to make a gesture with his free hand. This goes on for several minutes -- any attempts to talk to him before it is finished go unanswered. When he finishes, the powder circle on the floor glows orange, and then dims and ultimately vanishes, leaving the platform looking quite mundane.

Cleavon
2012-05-03, 02:44 PM

Sitting forward he regarded Luisa, nodding in accord.

"Let us hope our journey a safe and interesting one."

he had certainly made up his mind to be sent on this quest. He had oft heard tales of the place from his elven mentor. As a young man he had always made his intentions known to entering the place and trying to unravel it's secrets.

He had come on a long journey to these isles, and for things to work out in this way seemed divine providence to the pious man. He watched carefully as Talarasha begins his casting, and when the incantation ends he smiles slightly.

"Anyone want out now is the time to speak up I suppose."

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-03, 03:53 PM
Luisa examines the map with considerable interest

"That is quite a few dead-magic zones, I can certainly see why you don't want to go there to search for it yourself"

"what supplies are you sending with us in these boxes?"

Reikenbach
2012-05-03, 11:39 PM
The giant watches Talarasha go about his ritual, noting the soft flash of amber light that signifies its completion.

If we are to return freely through this circle of transposition, what identifies us as the only ones with access? Have you some tokens keyed to the gate, or is the portal itself calibrated to only the four of us? Know you the specific location where the exit will deposit us, or is it merely a general area?"

Daftendirekt
2012-05-03, 11:46 PM
Talarasha motions Luisa to check the supplies herself. Upon opening one of the boxes, she finds a foot-long stick with a clear stone set in its end, two small bottles full of a bluish liquid, and two jet-black disks approximately 8 inches across. A survey of the three other boxes find the same contents in each.

As the ancient elf descends from the platform, he walks over to look over the map, pointing at the "X" marked in red ink upon it.

"I deemed this the safest location to send you that is close to the city but not quite inside it. I will send this map with you, and, yes, if you venture into the dead magic zones, for none of your enchanted gear or spells will function. This can prove advantageous if properly utilized, however, as nobody else's magicks will work there either."

Pausing to listen to Urlom, he nods and replies.

"This teleportation circle spell is a particular creation of mine, with a circle against evil built right into it. That is the most I can do, so be wary of any that may follow you back as they may not be blocked from also utilizing the circle. Are there any more questions before you depart?"

The contents of each box:
-1 Everglowing Sunrod (normal sunrod, but can be activated and de-activated as a move action, and will never 'burn out'. Like a high-class everburning torch)
-2 Potions of Aid (CL 5)
-2 blast disks (MIC pg. 152)

CGforever!
2012-05-04, 02:41 AM
Aerowyn listens carefully to everything being said while equipping his new gear. He walks over to the circle and lays his backpack and rope down next to it. When Talarasha is done speaking, he strings his bow and draws a silver tipped arrow to it. Looking to his new allies, "I will go through first to scout the initial area. If I do not return within five minutes, something has happened to me."

Before stepping through, he asks Talarasha "Is there anyone in the city who might be friendly towards us? Are there others after the Daedrim?"

Upon hearing the answer, he nods and moves through.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-04, 03:06 AM
"I know of nobody 'friendly' in Myth Drannor. That is not to say they aren't there, however; I am not omniscient. As for others after Daedrim... I pray to Corellon Larethian that there are not. If there are, it means my order's efforts at keeping its existence a secret have failed."

Cleavon
2012-05-06, 12:34 AM

Looking at the boxes he gave a smile and nodded to Talarasha. He steadied himself as he looked at the circle. His mouth a firm line and he having made his mind up minutes ago.

"We will try and be swift, Talarasha. The city may hold wonder but the danger of it is ever present. With luck we'll have your task done before long."

He paced back and forth before the circle on metal booted feet, hoping to hear something good from their scout.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-06, 11:44 AM
Luisa continues her earlier examination of the Lord Talarasha's small but beautiful library with apparent calm as she waits for the scout Aerowyn to return. Or failure to do so within his imposed time of 5 minutes.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-06, 06:58 PM
The shelves seem to be filled with books of literally every topic. Books on the history of every single country; books on planar theory, anatomical books, books on arcane algorithms, books in Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Draconic, Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal, and a few with characters on the spine that Luisa has never seen before. As she wanders, she sees a doorway to a staircase that goes yet further up the tower; having heard the rumors of the impressive nature of Talarasha's library, she has a feeling this isn't all of it here in the current room.

While Luisa browses, the others merely sit and wait; however, they do not have to wait long as Aerowyn is only gone for perhaps two minutes before he reappears with a voop in the teleportation circle.

CGforever!
2012-05-06, 07:01 PM
Heroically resisting the temptation to play a prank on his new allies, Aerowyn appears inside the teleportation circle with a precariously tight face. Despite his best effort at restraint, a smirk breaks through. (I don't think Talarasha would approve, and these people will never trust me if I mess with them at a time like this.)

Holding his bow and arrow with one hand, Aerowyn bends and scoops up his backpack and rope. "Well, at least it is not raining." He grins, and faces his companions, "It is a fairly clear night in Myth Drannor. (Beautiful, in fact.) An unnaturally dark bank of fog was present as I went through. It approached me for a few breaths, then retreated. I do not know what it was, and I never saw it again." With that, he looks to Talarasha, then shrugs.

"There are half-a-dozen ruins near the circle, but they seemed empty as I scouted the area around the circle. However, as I was turning to leave, I heard a sound come from them, I do not know what, but something. I turned to look, and only saw a few errant stones falling. It might have been nothing, but I have a feeling that is was something. Be ready when we go through."

He looks at Luisa, "Might I see the map again? I would like to compare what I saw with what it shows."

Actually, now that I think about it, I want to see if Aerowyn might know what that cloud was, in case it was magical or spell-related.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll]1d20+4[roll]
Spellcraft: [roll]1d20+4[roll]

Daftendirekt
2012-05-06, 07:05 PM
I'll fix those rolls for you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Aerowyn has never heard of any such magical creature before, and his limited knowledge of spells also does not help in this situation.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-06, 07:36 PM
Luisa swiftly steps over to Aerowyn and passes him the map to examine before trying to think of anything that might create such a cloud.

Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (Nature) [roll1]
Knowledge (The Planes) [roll2]
Knowledge (Religon) [roll3]
Knowledge (History) [roll4]
Spellcraft (presumably with a penalty attached for being second hand) [roll5]

Daftendirekt
2012-05-06, 07:42 PM
@Luisa
Luisa has heard of things called 'living spells', the magical residue left over after a spell has cast somehow becoming a living thing that lingers in the area where the spell was cast. However, simply 'a fog bank' is too vague a description to pinpoint what spell it would have been.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-06, 07:55 PM
After a few moments of thought Luisa speaks slowly while looking at Lord Talrasha.

"I suppose the fog might be a living spell, there would certainly have been the enough residual magic in Myth Drannor to allow such a thing to happen. Though I couldnt even begin to guess what spell it might once have been, if indeed it is a living spell, from here."

CGforever!
2012-05-06, 08:57 PM
Aerowyn compares what he saw to what is on the map. After Luisa speaks, he attempts to explain what the cloud looked like in exacting detail, as best he can. He sees no reason not to be as prepared as possible.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-06, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately, as there are several cloud-based spells, there is no way to narrow it down any further until interacting with the creature. Simple logic dictates that this could very well be unpleasant for the group, and that avoiding it might be the best course of action.

At first mention of a living cloud spell, Talarasha gets a dark look on his face, nodding to himself as if confirming an earlier suspicion.

"Well, I did warn you that the city would be dangerous. Are you all ready to go now?"

CGforever!
2012-05-06, 09:57 PM
Aerowyn nods, handing the map back to Luisa. "Elder, are we welcome back at any time? May we come and go from the tower as we wish?" He walks over to the circle, ready to be the first through.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-06, 10:32 PM
"Of course. I don't trance much, and when I do I generally do it upstairs. I must reinforce my warning, however, about taking care if you think you're being followed as the protections built into the circle are not perfect."

Cleavon
2012-05-07, 01:20 AM

Upon hearing the information provided he gave the party a hearty smile.

"Well, at least now we know what we are getting ourselves into a bit better. I am indeed ready and am confident that we can get this job done. I'll go through first this time."

He did wait a moment for everyone to gather their things, and when ready he stepped through.

Waiting until the Pack Horse thing is done and party is ready and such, so that he is first through but everyone should be right behind him

Reikenbach
2012-05-07, 02:23 AM
Urlom, like Luisa, had taken the brief interim to pore over the elder elf's library, which held a veritable treasure trove of potential answers. Answers to questions he'd had all his life, perhaps, or even those he'd never thought to ask. Unfortunately, Aerowyn's quick return hadn't given him all the time he might have liked, but the presence of Giantish runes among the tomes was promising. He'd never really seen them anywhere other than chiseled into the face of long-forgotten ruins or ancient caverns, and especially not in something so significant as a book.

The giant gathers his belongings, adding to them the items given each of the party by Talarasha. A few useful trinkets, though he doubted the wand would be of much use to him, personally. Still, it never paid to reject a kindness given.

He joins Farus by the portal pad, following after when he enters.

Just to note, currently active Invocations are Dark One's Own Luck (bonus to Fortitude) and See the Unseen (See Invisibility and Low-Light Vision).

Daftendirekt
2012-05-07, 02:35 AM
The invocation's description says the bonus can never exceed your class level. Thus, it should only be a +4, not a +7, you ridiculously charismatic giant you.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-07, 06:44 AM
Watching Farrus and the giant walk into the portal Luisa gives a shrug and walks back to the boxes of supplies, taking a moment to put her portion into her packs pockets.

Then she turns to faces the portal and follows the others into and through it to Myth Drannor.

CGforever!
2012-05-07, 01:15 PM
Aerowyn smiles and nods at Talarasha, then steps through the portal.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-07, 01:30 PM
As each member of the group steps onto the circle, they feel a strange pulling sensation all over, and then the chamber around them begins to blur and spin for several seconds. When this stops, they find themselves on an old road, mostly dirt but with broken cobbles sticking up everywhere. Aerowyn moves out ahead with his bow drawn and his eyes alert. Farus comes behind him with a cautious hand upon the hilt of his sword, and the silver-haired bard and mysterious goliath follow after.

While Aerowyn has seen this particular spot before, he was focused on his immediate surroundings last time and is right alongside the others in getting his first real look of Myth Drannor. They are on the outskirts, only a few small ruined buildings nearby, but jagged spires and palace domes are visible in the distance. The clear night, lit by a waxing crescent moon, is a welcome change from the torrential downpour in Caer Callidyrr. It is pleasantly still, and the group can hear the screeching of some bats in the night a little way away.

CGforever!
2012-05-07, 04:05 PM
Aerowyn drops his pack/rope just outside the circle in some ferns, before taking point.

"Go ahead, Sahandrian." Aerowyn lets his Moonshae cave-bat familiar out from under his cloak, to fly around the area with the other bats and see if it notices anything strange or dangerous. Aerowyn then faces the group, pointing towards the spot where he heard the noise and mouthing "There!", quietly.

He could send Sahandrian to detect any enemies in those ruins with echolocation, but he is always cautious about using his small friend in dangerous situations.

Cleavon
2012-05-08, 04:33 PM

As he felt the pull on his very soul he took a deep breath. He only let it out again when the feeling had subsided, and the moon of Myth Drannor was above his head. Strangely enough he felt more at home here. This was a dangerous place but he could practically throw a rock and find the home of his Mentor, and his current residence at Lathanders Light.

Though seeing such familiar stars had charged him with excitement, he took to the screeching of the bats in the distance for what it may be. A warning. He kept his hand on the hilt of his sword as he took a couple of steps forward. Looking back at the group he gave a grim nod.

"Lets get a good look at where we are, and get on with this search. The shorter our time here the better, most likely."

Daftendirekt
2012-05-09, 04:31 AM
As Farus moves his first step, an arrow thuds into the ground inches from his foot. With a sudden burst of bat screeching, a group of dark-skinned figures emerge from the shadows within the nearby ruined structures, their forms difficult to tell, as they blend in so well with their surroundings. All that can be seen is the pearly white hair that every last one of them has; the sparse moonlight glints quite plainly on it as they move.

They are all wielding either short bows or swords, those with bows nocking or drawing arrows as they advance upon the newly arrived adventurers. A terrified screeching in the back reveals one of the sword-wielders gripping Sahandrian tightly in a fist, the bat having been drawn to the false cries.

"Lafti denriesh tuiliad!" one of them taunts in Elven.

Elven
"Moonie wants to die!", moonie being a taunt against Aerowyn's moon elf heritage.

Aaand initiative. I will roll it on my own to keep things going quickly. I'll have all bad guys go on the same initiative, to keep things simple. Order is thus:

Luisa
Urlom
Aerowyn
Farus
Enemies

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-09, 04:27 PM
Luisa reacts with blinding speed, throwing herself to the side almost before the arrow punches into the ground by Farrus. Sprinting a short distance to the side as her left hand snatches her bow from her shoulder while her right moves swiftly through the motions of a spell.

A moment later there is an explosion of small lights in the midst of their foes.

Moved 20' to one side and drawn my shortbow. Cast Glitterdust - 10' radius burst. Targeted at the middle of the group. DC17 Will with no spell resistance or blinded for 5 rounds. Anyone invisible outlined, -40 to hide checks.

CGforever!
2012-05-09, 06:50 PM
His blood running cold at the mere sight of dark elves, when he bears witness to the taunts of the one holding Sahandrian, his veins may as well be pumping ice. Silent, face blank, Aerowyn drops the silver arrow, draws a normal arrow and fires at the fool molesting his beloved familiar, then sprints forty feet towards him while drawing his rapier.

Longbow: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
if critical....
Longbow: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Skirmish is activated, +1d6 damage on any attacks of opportunity,
AC is 24 until his next turn.

Geography: [roll4]
In case Aerowyn knows anything about these drow.

Cleavon
2012-05-09, 07:44 PM

Drawing his longsword and stepping forward, he felt the rush of divine inspiration filling him. He pointed his longsword forward, at the closest of the dark elves as he approached.

"Your presence here is blasphemy. Your evil stain will be removed from this ancient home of the true elves!"

Drawing my longsword and moving forward fourty feet towards the closest dark elf.

Reikenbach
2012-05-10, 10:18 AM
Though Urlom knew of Drow, he hadn't encountered their kind before; dark elves did not commonly seek slaves from his kind, who were too tall to be of any use in the cramped caverns below the earth. Fortunately, he didn't need any first-hand experience to know that this group before him was his enemy. Best to act quickly, while they distracted themselves with taunting the elven girl. Focusing on the one keeping hold of the shrieking bat, Urlom opens his mouth.

" "

For those nearby, it seems that the giant says nothing, despite the movement of his mouth; the more sensitive might notice a subtle vibration roll across their skin. But for the dark elf gripping the bat, as well as Urlom himself, the single, primal word of power suddenly overcomes all other sounds. It mutes the world around them and even seems to cause everything but the two of them to darken and fade away for a moment.

Urlom uses Baleful Utterance on the dark elf holding Aerowyn's familiar, targeting his sword.

Will Save vs Shatter: DC 19

If the sword shatters, the elf holding it must make a Will save (DC 19) or be dazed for 1 round and deafened for 1 minute.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-10, 12:30 PM
As Luisa completes her spell, a burst of glittering motes covers one of the groups of drow, although one of them manages to throw his arm up in time to shield his eyes from the blinding burst of light. The one holding Sahandrian is not so lucky, however, and lets go of the bat in his attempt to shield his own eyes. As if things weren't going poorly enough for him, his shortsword shatters in his hand, dazing him further; fortunately the bat is out of danger as it flies back towards the adventurers

At first glance, it would seem Aerowyn's shot just wasn't quite on the mark, but the abuse the drow has already taken has left him completely defenseless and the arrow thuds right into his gut. He grunts heavily in pain but remains standing, although weaponless.

As Farus advances upon the other group, so do they move towards him, two of them charging with their shortswords and the third taking aim with his shortbow. The two bowmen grouped with the one who molested Sahandrian take aim against Aerowyn as they move forward -- the blinded one stumbling somewhat -- the only one who quite obviously did harm to them.

Both arrows fired at Aerowyn miss, although surprisingly the one fired by the blind drow misses by a hair -- the moon elf can feel the wind of its passage as it zooms past his ear. Farus manages to fend off the blows from the others' shortswords with his shield, as well as the arrow from the 3rd bowman.

Setup: B = Bow-wielder and S = Sword-wielder.

B1 B2 S1------30ft------S2 S3 B3

B1 made his save against blindness, B2 and S1 did not. S1 is the one that had Sahandrian.

B1 = -40 to Hide.
B2 = Blinded for 4 more rounds, - 40 to Hide.
S1 = Blinded for 4 more rounds, Dazed 1 round, Deafened 9 more rounds, -40 to Hide, takes 6 damage.

S2 = No status effects.
S3 = No status effects.
B3 = No status effects.

Luisa is 100 feet away from both groups.
Urlom is 100 feet away from both groups.
Aerowyn is 50 feet away from the left hand group, as the bow-wielders moved up 10 feet. The blind, dazed, deafened one is 60 feet away.
Farus is toe-to-toe with S2 and S3, while B3 is still 60 feet away from him.

B1 attack - Aerowyn [roll0]
Damage [roll1] [roll2]

B2 Attack - Aerowyn [roll3]
Damage [roll4] [roll5]
50% miss chance (low hits) [roll6]

S1 - Dazed.

S2 attack - Farus [roll7]
Damage [roll8] [roll9]

S3 attack - Farus [roll10]
Damage [roll11] [roll12]

B3 attack - Farus [roll13]
Damage [roll14]

EDIT: Damn. No hits. And we're back at the top of initiative order:

Luisa
Urlom
Aerowyn
Farus
Enemies

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-10, 01:26 PM
Luisa moves towards the group her spell had missed, muttering briefly before segueing into an old northern war chant. With another swift motion she taps a metal disc on her breast.

As her voice gathers strength the air around her seems to mist over, forming small ice crystals that fall away to the ground.

Move: 30 towards status free group
Swift: inspirational boost
Standard: start dragon ice inspiration
Immediate: use badge of valor

DFI 3d6 cold damage

Reikenbach
2012-05-10, 02:08 PM
The bat freed, and his previous target sorely incapacitated, Urlom repeats the primeval utterance, this time focusing on the sole uninhibited bowman in the dark elves' back line.

If the sword shatters, the elf holding it must make a Will save (DC 19) or be dazed for 1 round and deafened for 1 minute.

CGforever!
2012-05-10, 06:07 PM
Brimming with satisfaction at what he has just seen, Aerowyn can't help but smile. Noticing his familiar flying towards the group, he points up with his bow while running, "Up!" Then, he sets his mind to the glittering bow-wielding drow on the far left side. Aerowyn charges.

Charging at B1.

Rapier: [roll0]
if critical...
Rapier: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Skirmish: [roll4]

Aerowyns' AC is 22 until his next turn, 26 against AoOs.

Cleavon
2012-05-10, 06:43 PM
(Such a bungled posting attempt today. :( )

Cleavon
2012-05-10, 06:45 PM
(Such a bungled posting attempt today :( )

Cleavon
2012-05-10, 06:53 PM

Seeing his challenge had brought him some attention, he gave a slight smile to the dark skinned foes as he brandished his sword forth.

"Do what you will! You will be stopped all the same!"

With that his sword flashed out at the dark elf that had struck at him first, the power of his martial prowess seeking to end the foe.

Attack!
One attack at S1. Power attack active, using Tactical Strike(+2d6 Damage, if allies are adjacent to the enemy they may move 5ft)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] (Tactical Strike Damage)

Possible Crit?
[roll3]
[roll4]

Daftendirekt
2012-05-11, 12:21 AM
Aerowyn, You didn't add the DFI damage that you get from Luisa, so I'll roll it now.

[roll0]

The diminutive silver-haired human begins a soft, lilting song that seems to fill the area, and everyone can feel a sudden chill as their skin goosebumps. Frost collects on the metal of their weapons, and they can see a slight fog when they breath. Then, suddenly, the bow of the drow that fired at Farus explodes, showering him with splinters.

Aerowyn swings his rapier at the drow, who just manages to avoid it, the moon elf's blade scraping harmlessly across the front of his leather tunic. The drow grins evilly at him, pulling out from his quiver an arrow whose tip looks like a stylized dragon's head and attempting to stab Aerowyn with it. The second archer takes a few steps back and looses another arrow at Aerowyn, squinting to see through the afterimage still lingering from Luisa's glitterdust.

The third drow, who had been so horribly abused by the whole team, sinks to his knees and curls up into a ball, totally unable to process what is happening to him.

The bowman that had fired at Farus, now devoid of his bow, also draws out a dragon-headed arrow and charges at the heavily armored human while his two compatriots move into flanking positions around Farus and attempt to skewer him. One of them connects, but it is hardly a graze, drawing little blood from the human man. The other screams in pain and drops to the ground as Farus' blade cleaves into her.

You would have met his AC, Aerowyn, if it wasn't for his bonus from skirmish. :\

B1 = -40 to Hide.
B2 = -40 to Hide, blind for 3 more rounds.
S1 = -40 to Hide, blind for 3 more rounds, deafened for 8 more rounds. Has taken 6 damage.

S2 = No status effects
S3 = Dying.
B3 = No status effects

B1 attack - Aerowyn [roll1]
Damage [roll2] +1 fire damage.
Aerowyn reflex save [roll3]

B2 attack - Aerowyn [roll4]
Damage [roll5] [roll6]
50% miss chance (low hits) [roll7]

S1 - Takes no actions, falls prone.

S2 attack - Farus [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

S3 attack - Farus [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

B3 attack - Farus [roll12] (forgot to add +2 for charging, but would've missed anyway)
Damage [roll13] +1 fire damage
Farus reflex save [roll14]

Sooo... I may need to make my next guys a bit harder. These guys can barely touch you. And yet again the 2nd bowmen would have hit Aerowyn if it wasn't for the miss chance. Stupid broken Glitterdust :smalltongue:

Back to the top:
Luisa
Urlom
Aerowyn
Farus
Enemies

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-11, 06:01 AM
Advancing slowly to sixty paces of the withdrawing archer Luisa stops and draws in her breath as she loads her compact bow and fires carefully as her body steadies while she exhales.

Against B2.
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] three dice cold, one dice piercing damage

If-crit: To-confirm: [roll2] and damage [roll3] three cold, two piercing.

Reikenbach
2012-05-11, 11:24 AM
Urlom continues his unwarranted genocide against weaponry, this time focusing on the only Drow who had so far managed to draw blood from Farus.

Cleavon
2012-05-11, 03:48 PM

Feeling the small nick from one of the dark elves weapons a sort of inner fire burned in his eyes, and his sword came arcing down at the one holding the arrow, his charging in caught Farus' attention, and brought the swing of his sword towards the foe.

Attack!

Swinging at B3 since he came up to me. Power Attack active, Furious Counterstrike gives me +1 to hit and damage until end of turn when my steely resolve empties and I take the 1 damage.

Attack B3!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Possible Crit?
[roll2]
[roll3]

CGforever!
2012-05-11, 06:02 PM
Aerowyn stifles a chuckle while grinning at the fool attacking him with an arrow, the dives, rolls, and flips around him while spinning, coming up on the dark elves' other side, thrusting his rapier. (Shoot me now, darkie!)

Tumbles around to opposite B1 from B2, then attacks. Again.

Tumble: [roll0]

Rapier: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Skirmish: [roll3]
Cold: [roll4]
if critical...
Critical: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

AC is 22, but 25 if I fail my tumble for B1's AoO.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-12, 04:14 AM
As Luisa looses her arrow, it whistles through the magically chilly air, embedding itself quite firmly in the face of the left-most bow-wielding drow, who falls with a cry and lies quite still as frost spreads from the shaft embedded in her. As Urlom focuses his attention yet again upon the dark elven weaponry, the drow who nicked Farus just a moment ago looks down at his sword in surprise as it vibrates for a moment... and then goes still, quite unharmed.

The drow grins and maneuvers around to continue his assault, but Farus' attention is upon the ex-archer, who manages to evade his swing and attempts to impale him with the dragon-headed arrow again. Meanwhile, across the battlefield Aerowyn maneuvers around his opponent and skewers him solidly in the gut with his frost rapier, wrenching his blade free as the dark elf falls to the ground.

B1 = Dying.
B2 = Dying.
S1 = -40 to Hide, blind for 2 more rounds, prone, deafened for 7 more rounds. Has taken 6 damage.

S2 = No status effects.
S3 = Dying.
B3 = No status effects.

S1 = Takes no actions yet again.

S2 tumbles to Farus' other side
attack - Farus [roll0]
damage [roll1] [roll2]

B2 attack - Aerowyn [roll3]
50% miss chance (low hits) [roll4]
[roll5] (This attack shouldn't have happened. I did my thinking incorrectly. Not that it hit anyway.)

Back to the top:
Luisa
Urlom
Aerowyn
Farus
Enemies

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-12, 05:42 AM
Luisa continues her movement towards the collapsed swordsman who had previously been holding Aerowyn's bat but now seemed to be rather traumatised for some reason.

As she moves she tracks and aims at the last standing bowman, firing just after she comes to a stop.

Move: 30 towards S1 and attack B3
To-hit: [roll0]
For [roll1] piercing and [roll2] cold damage

If we get a 20 then [roll3] to confirm and [roll4] extra piercing damage.

CGforever!
2012-05-12, 07:08 AM
Wrenching his blade free with a sickening crackle of frozen flesh, Aerowyn dashes fiercely towards the last drow bowman. A slender sylvan shadow racing across the forest floor, his silvery blade shining in the moonlight, fog vapor streaming in his wake.

Charging the last standing bowman.

Rapier: [roll0]
Skirmish: [roll2]
Frost: [roll3]
if critical....
Critical: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

AC is 20, 22 if he moved at least 40ft.

Cleavon
2012-05-12, 08:33 PM

His mouth a grim line as they begin to mop these foes up, His sword flashes out again, this time going for the uninjured Drow who seemed keen to reposition himself.

Attack!

Attacking S2, No Power Attack this time :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] Cold

Possible Crit
[roll3]
[roll4]

Reikenbach
2012-05-14, 01:15 AM
His latest assault on weaponry apparently in vain, the giant seems to sigh as he reaches the decision to merely end the fight quickly. Raising an arm, Urlom points his fingers toward the last dark elven swordsman. Dark vapors slowly coalesce around the digits before streaking toward their target, trailing azure smoke like censer.

Urlom targets the last able swordsman, S3, with Eldritch Blast.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage (Magic): [roll1]

Daftendirekt
2012-05-14, 01:29 AM
Luisa's arrow strikes true, piercing the last standing drow archer through the left thigh. He grunts in pain, but stays standing. However, while he is busy yanking the arrow out of his leg, Aerowyn ghosts across the battlefield and skewers him through the heart, his rapier bursting forth from the dark elf's back in a spray of blood that stands out crimson against the night sky.

Meanwhile, Urlom finally shows his involvement in the battle in an obvious way as a bolt of ebony and azure bursts forth from the goliath's hand at one of the drow and, rather than exploding against his chest, seem to seep slowly into it. The drow slumps noticeably, shaking his head in an effort to gather his senses before continuing the fight, his blood-red eyes shooting a glare at the warlock. Yet again distraction proves a drow's misfortune, as Farus' longsword lashes out and eviscerates the last swordsman.

And with that, the battle seems to be over. Several of the drow lay bleeding out, a couple quite obviously already dead. The one who had been brutally assaulted at the onset of the battle still lies curled up. After a few moments pass, he looks around as his vision clears and snarls viciously at the adventurers, looking around desperately for a weapon. He snatches up the dragon-headed arrow and bow from his fallen comrade and draws, aiming back and forth between all of the group, yet hesitant to fire, noticing quite plainly that he is heavily outnumbered but unwilling to just surrender.

Going to assume you meant S2, Reikenbach, as S3 is dying already. Farus and Aerowyn are the closest to the drow, being where the other group of 3 was, about 30 to 40 feet away.

CGforever!
2012-05-14, 02:18 AM
Aerowyn freezes, staring the drow in the eyes. Still breathing hard from the fighting, he tries to speak slowly and calmly, "(Elven) If you shoot, you die. We would rather speak. Choose wisely."

He holds his rapier hand back and up, fingers flared, as if holding back his companions.

Might as well use my standard action for total defense, which is +6 due to having 5 ranks of tumble, I believe. If he runs, I fully intend to chase him.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-14, 02:33 AM
"Vrekk tilia nubrasa, lafti!" the drow retorts in Elven, loosing his arrow and then dashing off towards the city. The arrow embeds itself right at Aerowyn's feet and the tip bursts in flame, igniting the grass around it, although the flame quickly splutters out.

Elven
"Speak to this, moonie!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
Aerowyn reflex save [roll2]

CGforever!
2012-05-14, 04:59 AM
Aerowyn silently drops his rapier while dashing after the drow, drawing an arrow to his bow and firing in one smooth motion. He intends on keeping his promise.

Moving up to 40ft. and firing a normal arrow at the drow. The idea is to shoot him while he is within 30ft., thus gaining skirmish damage.

Longbow: [roll0]
Skirmish: [roll2]
Frost: [roll3]

AC is 22 or 24, depending on how far I move.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-14, 11:56 AM
The arrow embeds itself in the drow's back and he topples to the ground, face down and unmoving. Now the battle is over. The group stands a minute and catches their breath before taking stock of the aftermath of the battle. The frost fades from their weapons and the chill in the air dissipates, leaving the night balmy and pleasant.

Each drow is wearing a set of leather armor. There are 2 shortswords and two shortbows (one of each having been destroyed). Each archer had 15 arrows and 1 dragonsbreath arrowRotW, but one of the dragonsbreath arrows was expended.

6 x Leather Armor
45 x Arrow
2 x Dragonsbreath Arrow
2 x Shortsword
2 x Shortbow

Cleavon
2012-05-14, 04:36 PM

As he watched the final drow in front of him ravaged by his sword strikes and the energies released by Urlom, he straightened up and watched the exchange between Aerowyn and the remaining drow.

He raised an eyebrow as they spoke, but the arrow arcing in towards his teammate brought him back to the edge of readiness, and he brought his sword and shield back up, ready to charge after the dark skinned foe.

When the drow dropped back to the stones of the street, another arrow sunk into him he gave a grin and surveyed the field. No apparent threats remained and as he knelt to clean his sword on the cloak of one of the dark elves he looked up to his allies.

"Let us hope we are this fortunate in any further entanglements..."

Reikenbach
2012-05-15, 12:38 AM
The cerulean energies surrounding the giant's hand slowly fade to indigo, then black, then dissapate entirely as the final dark elf falls. Though no longer maintaining an offensive bearing, Urlom keeps a watchful eye on the treeline as he moves to rejoin the others.

"One can hope, though this conflict saw us receive no small amount of fortune. I've not encountered elves such as these in person, but I shouldn't think them all so recklessly arrogant as to willingly forsake the element of stealth in exchange for taunts."

CGforever!
2012-05-15, 02:54 AM
Dragging the drow back towards the group, Aerowyn nods at Urlom. "I thought it odd as well." He looks to the group at large, "I imagine half the city saw this fight, keep your eyes open." He drops the drow, then retrieves his own dropped items.

Cleavon
2012-05-16, 03:14 PM

Taking a look about the courtyard he stood from cleaning his blade and sheathed it for the moment. He surveyed the area around them and gave a shrug of his shoulders.

"You make a good point. Our little skirmish here may have been noticed. Perhaps we should at the least move these corpses somewhere out of sight. Who knows what it might draw. Beasts to feed on their flesh, or others to investigate."

With that he began to search for a suitable place to drag the bodies too.

Spot!

Spot, to see if anything obvious points it itself out to him, such as a small alley or alcove to hide a stack of dead Drow in.
[roll0]

Daftendirekt
2012-05-16, 03:33 PM
Farus notices the nearby houses that the drow emerged from. The structures appear to be abandoned and quite empty now that their hidden occupants are deceased. Behind the group, the broken road winds off into the forest, curving out of site to the northeast a few hundred feet away.

As the group plans what to do next, clouds begin scuttering across the night sky, obscuring the stars and the crescent moon. With their light gone, the vale that the four stand in is suddenly quite dark. It poses no hindrance to Urlom's magically enhanced vision, but the others are quite unable to see much of anything.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-16, 05:14 PM
Disliking the darkness Luisa reaches her arm into the pack on her back and extracts the beautifully crafted rod from a pouch and with a brief movement strikes it into life.

Holding it aloft she gazes at the buildings their assailants had came from. "We may as well look in on them. Though not without care, Urlom is right they can not all be as stupid as our dear departed friends."

"But before precede we should probably treat that wound of yours Farrus, for all that it is shallow"

So saying withdraws a slender whitewood wand and traces it over Farrus wound, sealing the small cut quickly before putting the wand away.
CLW Cl1 [roll0]

Cleavon
2012-05-16, 05:50 PM

As the clouds gathered and his sight became less and less useful to him, he soon began fumbling in the dark for his horse, Henry. As the light flooded the area he found Henry and lead him along as they searched. He made no indication that he had even been struck in combat.

CGforever!
2012-05-16, 07:20 PM
Aerowyn takes his everlasting sunwand out as well, and activates it. Collecting the bodies, he searches them over, looking for anything hidden in their clothes, marks on their bodies, unusual features, rings, anything.

"Let us search these ruins." His rapier in one hand, his familiar hiding in its' usual nook in his cloak, he heads toward the buildings with the group.

Search: [roll0]

He doesn't go into the building alone, he waits for the group to group up with him. Daften, keep in mind that I have nerveskitter prepared.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-18, 11:02 AM
The group heads towards the abandoned buildings, their sunrods creating strange shadows on the facets of the houses and in the hollows of the nearby trees. The glassless windows gape like empty eye sockets and rafters stick up from one house like a broken rib cage.

Venturing inside, they find little of interest. Bedrolls and the remains of a campfire litter the building with no roof; all the buildings are filled with rotted, crumbling furniture that looks like it would fall into a pile of dust at the lightest touch. Judging from the lack of any supplies, it is most likely this was not exactly a long-term residence of the drow.

Cleavon
2012-05-18, 07:10 PM

Still holding the reins of old Henry, he peered about the windowless holes of the buildings as they went along. He hadn't expected to find much, but there was less than nothing. Looking up into the darkness he wondered just how far into this dangerous place they'd have to travel to find the Daedrim.

"Looks like the dark elves were on the move. We should keep an eye out. These lights will show our position, so we need to be extra careful."

CGforever!
2012-05-19, 01:52 AM
"Best to assume that anyone else already knows we are here." he says to no one in particular, while gazing up through the roof. Some drow can levitate, so he's scanning the upper reaches of the building. He begins to search through the room, trying to find anything of interest.

"It occurs to me that I do not know what your various talents are." He glances up at the group while searching.

Reikenbach
2012-05-19, 12:11 PM
Despite his greater height, Urlom leans under the doorway and steps into the building after the others. A quick look around confirms his suspicions that the house was little more than a dilapidated hovel; tactile examination of a wall fixture sends it skittering away to the floor in a cloud of rotted wooden shards.

"This may well provide us a serviceable base camp. Though the gateway may be only a short distance away, and the relative safety it holds for us is tempting, I would recommend we not make use of it too often. Such action would only risk drawing more attention to its existence, and should we attract attention from this place's darker denizens, it is better that we have the portal as an escape route, rather than an ambush point."

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-20, 05:24 AM
"Being ambushed here while we were withdrawing to the portal because we spent too much time here, near the portal and drew unfriendly eyes upon ourselves..."

"Well that would be unfortunate, would it not? If the drow left nothing here let us deal with the bodies and move on with haste"

Cleavon
2012-05-20, 05:06 PM

"Agreed. Lets get these bodies into one of these buildings and then move on. Something tells me the further we travel towards the center of the city the more strangeness we'll find...let's just hope part of what we find is what we seek."

Farus began to make quick work of it, dragging the drow corpses into the first building they had found.

Daftendirekt
2012-05-20, 11:13 PM
The night drags on as the group hides the evidence of their first foray into infamous Myth Drannor. It is well past midnight, and thoughts of sleep begin to enter their minds as the day's exertions, coupled with their short if intense fight with the drow, take their toll.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-21, 08:39 PM
Stumbling occasionally, as the little group explored the ruins of the dead city Myth Drannor in the vicinity of the portal, Luisa can feel her eye lids getting heavier with everystep.

"I know not as to the you, but I find myself desiring sleep in the near future. Should we find somewhere out of sight here or return to our gracious benefactors abode for a time?

Cleavon
2012-05-22, 04:51 PM

Thinking on the matter, he gave a slight shrug of his shoulders.

"It would be much safer to rest on the other side, but going back and forth may call too much attention to the entrance itself. Resting here though...may just be too dangerous."

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-24, 06:02 AM
"Well I was not exactly suggesting that we just lie down in whichever street we are in when sleep overtakes us. But a empty and sufficiently innocuous building might serve perhaps.