PDA

View Full Version : 3.5/3.0 Tyranids

ShadowFireLance
2012-04-29, 02:45 PM
Tyranids those evil aliens i can never find good stats. HELP!

Empedocles
2012-04-29, 10:28 PM
These cheery guys?

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/f/fe/Tyranids_incursions.jpg

Grod_The_Giant
2012-04-29, 10:55 PM
I'm not very familiar with Warhammer 40k, but I think Thri-Kreen, from the Expanded Psionics Handbook, might go a long way towards what you want. They're four-armed bug guys, a bit strong and a lot quick, with a few psi-like abilities, a poison bite, claws, and a giant jump bonus. They don't appear to be on the SRD, sadly, or else I'd post a direct link.

ShadowFireLance
2012-04-30, 01:41 PM
Yep those cheery guys.
Th thri-Kreen are prty good for a Anthro version but what about Hive tyrants?
That is a Tyranid warrior about 5' Small then a Hive tyrant read abot them at Games workshop under Warhammer 40k.
I can give you guys the codexs and thanx for response:smallsmile:
Also what about Hormagaunts and Canifexs?
I can give any needed fluff by ask.

DarkestKnight
2012-04-30, 10:59 PM
Kruthiks from Miniatures Handbook and Kython's from Fiend Folio (I think) are excellent places to start. I'd use them for your base body then apply templates and etc to apply the biomorphs you want.

Retrokinesis
2012-04-30, 11:06 PM
I second Kythons, although I think they're actually from Book of Vile Darkness. They even have the organic weapons thing already!

Tacitus
2012-05-01, 01:26 AM
whoiam (with a PrC from NecroticPunch0 did some interesting work on D&D Tyranids here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157002

There was another thread somewhere with Tyranids as monster and not a fully customizable HD+LA set, but I can't seem to find it.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-01, 09:23 AM
What about Domantrix? I mean a Sluaghter king could work as a Tyranid Warrior
but only cr 13? a Cranifex would be at lest that. Also what about a Tyrannofex?
Anywayz thanks for replies:smallsmile:

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-01, 09:31 AM
Kruthiks from Miniatures Handbook and Kython's from Fiend Folio (I think) are excellent places to start. I'd use them for your base body then apply templates and etc to apply the biomorphs you want.

I also find kruthiks as way to weak for what i need. I am planing to have my pc's fight a horde of these things at least 100 things..... 50 termagaunts and hormagaunts 10 Hive warriors and maby 2 hive tyrants maby lots more so a horde effect.

Rainbownaga
2012-05-02, 07:41 PM
What about Domantrix? I mean a Sluaghter king could work as a Tyranid Warrior
but only cr 13? a Cranifex would be at lest that. Also what about a Tyrannofex?
Anywayz thanks for replies:smallsmile:

Tyranid warriors should be adults. Remember that D&d characters are all superhuman in capacity (i'm guessing a space marine is probably only equivalent to a Level 6 character and imperial guard are only 1 or 2 NPC).

Its hard to judge 'power level' across different systems.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-03, 01:33 PM
Tyranid warriors should be adults. Remember that D&d characters are all superhuman in capacity (i'm guessing a space marine is probably only equivalent to a Level 6 character and imperial guard are only 1 or 2 NPC).

Its hard to judge 'power level' across different systems.

As trues as that may be... I mean It takes at least a small SQUAD to take down a warrior and Space marines? cr 6??? Cheak out dicefreaks They set out a Normal space marine as (without armor) cr 11:smalleek: so yeah.
Thanx thou Sersly A Domanitrix is at least cr 20-24

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-03, 01:38 PM
Hierophant
Colossal Tyranid
Hit Dice: 44d10+675 (917hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 50ft
Armour Class: 34 (-8 Size, +1 Dex, +31 natural), touch 3, flatfooted 33
Base Attack/Grapple: +44/+75
Attack: biocannon +37 ranged (10d4+7/18-20/x3) or claw +51 melee (4d6+15/18-20/x3)
Full Attack: biocannon +37 ranged (10d4+7/18-20/x3) and 2 claws +51 melee (4d6+15/18-20/x3) and tail slap +51 melee (3d8+7)
Special Attacks: Augmented critical, frightful presence, rush, spore cloud
Special Qualities: damage reduction 15/ordnance, tyranid traits, regeneration 40, psionic resistance 32
Saves: Fort +39, Ref +25, Will +30
Abilities: Str 40, Dex 13, Con 41, Int 3, Wis 18, Cha 23
Skills: Listen +19, Search +9, Spot +19, Survival +15
Feats: Alertness, Awesome Blow, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rsuh, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness (5)
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 21
Alignment: Hive Mind
Advancement: 45+HD (Colossal)
Level Adjustment: -

The hierophant is the most formidable organism ever to be encountered on the field of battle. Their immense strength and durability rank them as being equivalent to the mechanical titans of other factions.

Hierophants are usually found in the later stages of a Tyranid infestation, towering over the waves of lesser Tyranids in heavy assaults, most often surrounded by a cloud of toxic spores that are excreted through the spore chimneys on its carapaced back.

A hierophant is over 100ft long, but stands only 60ft high and weighs around 145 tons.
A hierophant cannot speak.

Combat
A hierophant attacks with its scything talons, whip-like tail and a symbiotic biocannon - the most powerful bioweapon available to tyranid lifeforms.
A hierophant's natural weapons are treated as heavy weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Augmented Critical: A hierophant's biocannon and talons threatens a critical hit on a natural attack roll of 18-20, dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit.

Frightful presence: A hierophant can inspire terror by charging or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 38 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain within 60ft of the hierophant. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Rush: Once per minute, a hierophant can move at a speed of 150ft

Spore Cloud: Any non-tyranid creature within 30ft of a hierophant must succeed on a DC 47 Fort save or be poisoned for 2d6 rounds. A successful save avoids (negates) the damage.

Regeneration: Fire, acid, plasma and fusion weapons deal normal damage to a heirophant. If a hierophant loses a limb or body part (not including the head), the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes.

Skills: A hierophant has a +8 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
Here is a Type of Domanitrx.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-04, 06:31 PM
http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=converting&action=print&thread=34364

Norn queen Domantrix Please help