PDA

View Full Version : runestaff of illusion tips?

Venger
2012-04-29, 07:24 PM
my party just completed the eyes of the lich queen module and each of us received a boon from 3 choices. I picked the runestaff of illusion. it gives :

• disguise self
• major image
• mirror image
• mislead
• persistent image
• rainbow pattern

all 1/day.

I was pretty excited because it'll give additional versatility (I am a chameleon) and I don't usually prepare illusion spells since I know they aren't always useful.

what tips do you guys have for using these? I've never really had a chance to use many illusions in play.

Ranting Fool
2012-04-30, 10:51 AM
• disguise self
• major image
• mirror image
• mislead
• persistent image
• rainbow pattern

all 1/day.

Disguise self : Lots of sneeky-ness can be done. I've a player who likes to use that before selling stolen goods / loot from evil npc's in a LN town so he can't be linked to killing them (Doesn't want other evil types knowing he's out ridding the world of their evil)

Major image : Lots and lots of fun with this one. Just depends on how you use it :smallbiggrin: Pretend it's any other spell, "muhaha now you will burn with my Wall of Fire" great for doing traps or ambushes or even "Quick quick over here the BBEG is getting away... *in come a bunch of fake guards which make noise*"

Never really used the others.