PDA

View Full Version : The Old Realm (IC)

DMBlackhart
2012-04-29, 07:43 PM
Dar'Guld'Ar

You have come to the deep wilds of Nerem Jiraz. Once home to the ancient and powerful Dragons. These wilds have long since been abandoned and left to the more hostile of nature's creations. No man who has come here has survived, most mage who journey to these far reaches of the world return broken and scarred men. You are something far more powerful, something to be feared by the things of the wild.

Before you lies the southern-most shores of the ancient place. Little sand gathers at the edge of the small continent, with the numerous flora stretching off the edge of jagged cliffs into the very ocean itself. The captain whom you've hired to ferry you has made it clear he'll not set foot on the land, or even get within a mile of it's shore. You'd have to jump into the tumult of salty water and sharp stone below if you were to continue this quest.

Exicalflowne Dethraden

You have been existing within the fringe of human society for some time. Ever wary of those who might recognize you for who, or rather what, you are. This has led you to Kosch, land of very newly settled human towns. The rough, harsh mountains and hills lend little in the way of comfort. But the endless expanse of wild-places promises you easy availability when in need of a cave to hide in, or fresh meat to gnash on.

Word of an Anchor to the Prime Evil has been circulated well throughout this new world. Mysterious things have been plaguing the settling humans, and many rumors have spread of nasty things that lurk in the darkness of the crags and caverns in these mountains.

Awafiso

Having been cast from your pride, you find yourself lost in the Ardaken, a land of new settlement on the ruins of old Human nations. The mountains and valleys of the Daken have begun to rebuild, a refreshing start from the time when dragons would terrorize this place. With an inspiring lull in peace, settlers flock from around the world.

Just east of the Ardaken exists the Kosch. Another inspired gathering of human settlers. Kings and nobles of self-proclaimed wealth who have divided the land in what they believe a fair and just manner. Even to this day their feuding and fighting has been inspiration for many a massacre and senseless war.

Lekar

Your tale begins at the edge of a mighty wasteland. Within the realm of Tremorlor, at the small settling trade-post of Cenevva. Before you lays the expanse of dry grass that has come to be called the Wastes of Nimtal. A barren plains that would suck the life from any but the hardiest of men. These dusty, arid fields are filled with remnants of the ages past, and home to many great and powerful artifacts.

You walk among the common folk within a local bazaar. Merchants shout of trinkets and "treasures" for sale. Peddlers rise to your face to spout non-sense of goods and services no sane man would ever purchase. Beggars sit along the tens, carpets, and make-shift shops, watching those with fat purses like hawks, and pestering others for hand-outs of coin or food.

Erack Pangana

Your journeys have led you to Imperial-ruled mountains of Hurt. These giant stone towers and peaks give way to the prosperous humans of the imperialist society. You find yourself within Akmaar, at the base of the massive mountain range. Milling about the common folk, seemingly no better then they. Tales of magic and mystery, of monsters and horrors, and of the ancient and noble dragons circulate within the taverns and seedy places. A better place then any to truly learn the ways of the Magi.

Thoril

Your hunger for adventure is met with tales of mighty dragons and powerful mages. And what better a way to see the world and it's sights, then to visit the home of the third-largest gathering of mages. Your travels have led you to Isidella, on the very north fringe of the kingdom of Narrain. The elvish folk of the wilds of Xellen prove an interesting prospect themselves. Only a few weeks travel South-East of you is the City of Astan, within the Beregast. It is here you have heard of a gathering of both skilled and powerful magic-users. A call to those of true arcane brilliance and mastery.

Zioul

You walk merrily along a well-worn country road, just outside of Madava of the Beregast. Piripu on your shoulder, whistling a sweet tune. You would spend the day as you have for the past hundreds, in leisure and comfort, doing as your body requires, and your mind inspires. You would return to town in no time, to come to the place you've settled in only recently, and restore your quickly tiring legs with a heated bath and some delicious meats and fruits.

You would have had another perfect day had it not been for the recent string of banditry on this very well-worn path. The roads around you have begun vacant with disuse, a matter that never bothered you. You've heard tale of bandits, perhaps even met a few in your time. Such simplistic fears were nothing but trivial to you.

So was your peace broken when twelve armed men, each dressed to cover all but their eyes, curved blades drawn very much threateningly. Their wagons would no doubt be far off, being tended to by only a handful of guards and slaves they've captured. These men, these twelve pitiful, simple fools, would attempt to take from you what little valuables you had on you. In the end, it would not be worth the their lives. "Drop your coin-purse, robes, and anything ya got of value and get on the ground. Else we will take it by force, and leave ya in a ditch."

Cain Cabrule

The sand blew harsh and violently, mixing pain with the refreshing scent of the ocean-breeze. You were at Fahl Sierra, the very eastern-most edge of the Volgi-Sandem. This massive and harsh desert was tiring on you, and so a change of scenery was in order. But behind you, in those wicked and unlawful dunes sat many treasures still. Great things from before men had settle Covenant, and secrets of magic even more ancient then the Dragons.

=============The Map of Covenant==============
Covenant (http://neohat.net/dnd/misc/Smallversion.jpg)

Creed
2012-04-29, 08:20 PM
Exicalflowne

Exicalflowne rises to his feet, gathering his belongings. He starts out of his cave, and scans the horizon for a town where he could find more information about the goings-on.

drack
2012-04-29, 08:30 PM
Cain&coCain casts his eyes about. he is not of strong build, and has little in term of combat magics. Staying in an open area such as a desert is generally a bad idea in such circumstances, especially considering how the illusions from his robe would make him as clear as a washed up whale in the middle of the desert. Quickly dripping an odd mud into a circle around him on the sand he chant causing the sand to rise up around him and his companion to make them less viable.

are we still describing spells in mechanical terms?

Erik Vale
2012-04-29, 09:08 PM
Erack

It was an old theme with Erack, the search for magical knowledge. He was nowhere near done his learning, and humility had almost been beaten into him.

But not quite, as any could tell, seeing his face as he looked down on the crowd.

But first thing first, Erack needed to get clean, he had been many days on the road. He began searching for a tavern or inn, or some other hospice.

WrathOfLife
2012-04-29, 10:12 PM
Lekar

Making his way around the town, Lekar keeps his eyes and ears out for any rumors or signs of trouble. He begins to investigate the local library, inns and mercenary halls for information on artifacts or dangers in the local area. Finally should he find nothing of any interest what so ever, he'll begin looking into the local political structure, trade markets, and public welfare. There seemed to be an exceptional amount of beggars. And this drama while minor, would be enough to suffice Lekar. If he finds nothing even then, he'll explore the local charities trying to work out why they have so many beggars and what they are doing to help the locals.

gunnar11
2012-04-30, 05:04 AM
"Gentlemen, Gentlemen. Is this really necessary?" Zioul began to say. Distracting them for some time would help, while Piripu flew and traced the lines necessary to perform a Ritual. These twelve men were no challenge to Zioul, but killing them wasn't a necessity either.
Buying some time to finish casting the spell he kept on talking: "Truth is, I have no money. I do have some other possessions that you could have, but I think nothing would be of value to you. I say we just stop this nonsense and keep going our separate ways. Piripu would be able to finish the spell in 10 seconds approximately. Just in case Piripu didn't make it Zioul began gathering some mana from the leyline close to him, the one in line with the river.

Controlling Mana like this would be difficult, but do-able if he just focused. Mana was now gathering to strengthen his legs and arms. These men didn't seem trained, and even if they were, the speed and power of Zioul's own researched unarmed fighting style would be enough to break their bones. "That would make me just as inhuman as my father" he thought. Disabling them was his goal.
In the skies the Ritual circle was almost complete.
8 seconds.

DMBlackhart
2012-04-30, 05:52 PM
Exicalflowne Dethraden

Far to the south and east lies the largest of settlements on this continent, the City of Kosch, as the eastern-half is named for. Further south and then west of that is Wasari, a relatively new human settlement. South of that on it's own isolated island is Temur, and west of that across a great ford and falls is the woodland town of Kives. Northward from there is the border of the Kosch and Ardaken empires, the neutral establishment of Halt, sitting just on the fringes of rocky mountains and a deep tepid swamp.

You can see much from your secluded peak, a full panorama of the lay of the land before your eyes.

Lekar

At a leisurely pace you begin to investigate areas of local lore, what few there are. Libraries and such stagnant monuments seem few and far between. Whatever form of organized governing body these people have, it too seems only temporary at best. Between all your findings you learn much of the local lore however. Many a beggar when given bread or coin, happily run their mouths, telling of mysterious ruins and terrible legends. Local mercenaries and wanderers also have much to say, your mind races with the countless rumors and stories this area is populated with. Soon you begin to push away the less likely rumors, and focus on legends with more merit.

As you ponder the countless bounty of intelligence afforded to you, your path merges with that of a wandering troupe. The band, comprised of what you'd assume are mercenaries, speak of something curious. You over hear the possible leader of the group talking to a dwarfish man at his side, next to a large, horse-driven caravan. "And that's why we're head'n outward in'ta the plains. Rommney's still out there somewhere, and 'e still 'as my gold! If we're lucky that fool will 'lso 'ave found some riches while 'e was left stranded."

Erack Pangana

You find a local tavern, which thankfully has full wash-room services. No doubt mundane, but you had enough power to eschew that fact. Plus a hot bath would do you good. The establishment is titled "Radrack's Own", the smells wafting from within were enough to get your stomach churning with delight. Your mouth watered, a good meal couldn't hurt either.

Pressing inward, you find that the establishment is not to the standards you'd expect of more civilized folk. But given the rural area you were not really surprised. Crowds of men and Dwarvish folk fighting or competing in one way or another. Entire groups of strangers gathering to drink and sing obnoxious songs, and of course the usual seedy trade opportunity or two.

Zioul

"We'll want what we want, and you'll be hand'n it all o'er er else!" The men did not notice as your bird flew high above their heads, or the faint silvery trail that flowed behind it, etching a thin but barely visible shape overhead. The spell you prepared to cast would be ready soon, although you felt yourself tiring quickly. Pushing yourself was always uncomfortable, had you more time you'd have taken the necessary preparations. But clearly these bandits were not so keen on patience. And so they ran at you. Twelve men, two at each side and more at your front. Under normal circumstances this would be an unfair fight, they would not have stood a chance, and in the end the men would be face-down on the dirt before you. But you were tiring fast, and they were moving quickly.

Cain Cabrule

The sand mobilizes around you, creating a barrier to distract those who would otherwise recognize you. It swirls and whirls about your feet and waist like a miniature tornado, and darts past your eyes and mouth so you may breath freely. You feel only the slightest of pulls in the pit of your stomach, that unsavory feeling that mana was being pulled from your body. You could sustain this power for a long time, with only minimal discomfort.

Note: Two things to be addressed. As Drack has inquired, yes you will be required to describe your magical effects and spells however you want, with including what source of power you are drawing from. Keep careful of wording though, as I can be an unforgiving prick. :smalltongue:

Secondly you do not need to spoiler your posts, unless there's some real reason for it (secrecy or a large wall of text) it's a bit of an annoyance. If you specifically don't want others reading your actions that is understandable, except I have been careful to place none of you too close to each other.

drack
2012-04-30, 09:08 PM
Cain

In that case I'll detail the spell, though I am still looking about me for any sign of anything, and this spell is for both me and my companion who has yet to whip up a sheet :smallbiggrin:

Spell: using the natural concealing portieres of that mud taken from right beneath a certain bush known for it's berries concealing scent combined with the sand to give it a familiar element to the landscape I will draw a simple magical circle with the mud in the sand to redirect some energy from the wind to coat the two of us in the mixture masking us against the sand via covering us in the enchanted muddy mixture allowing our scent to be masked, and our cloths to be colored as the sand about us.

Yes I just magically splashed the two of us in mud, what of it :smalltongue: still waiting on what we see. :smallbiggrin:

OOC:Unfortunately this time around I am going the low power rout in which I attempt to use energies around me whenever possible as I have no power of my own, and the gloves would run out quickly if used for such simple tasks. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: also since his robe is now covered in mud hiding the illusion he will allow it to re-absorb it's self as it goes such as not to waste energy.

OOC2: "Keep careful of wording though, as I can be an unforgiving prick." I'll second this last bit, no ambiguity, period.

Erik Vale
2012-05-01, 06:18 PM
Erack

It really was a large tavern, but that was just a footnote as he made his way towards the taverns bar, seeking to find whoever it is that rents out the rooms, avoiding some of the rowdier patrons, without looking cowardly. More just keeping himself from touching them. As he walks through the crowed he keeps a hand on his purse, well knowing how theives work.

((OOC: Acknowledged. I will be very specific with my spells.))

Creed
2012-05-01, 08:36 PM
Exicalflowne

Kosch is his target. There is risk associated with entering such a large city in his current state, but it's his best chance to gain information.

gunnar11
2012-05-02, 09:59 AM
Zioul

"It's too soon, I won't make it." Zioul thinks to himself. The warriors are charging, and piripu is still busy drawing the circle. Zioul notices his strength draining away as piripu draws the circle, and he himself is improving his physical capabilities. "Ugh, the leyline wasn't as close as I thought it to be, apparently. I had to do something fancy, I couldn't just take them out. I hate my soft spot for life..."
He stops the flow of mana going to his legs and arms. The extra energy the mana provides to his muscles will make him faster and stronger, as they aren't fed with the little energy a body normally has, but with pure energy, mana.
He could basically move in an airless space at this moment, not needing the energy the body generates with oxygen. But, combining it with the energy the body already has, Zioul manages to move faster and strike harder than an average human of his size and build. "This strength isn't enough, but it will have to do"

The first warrior is closing in. With a quick sidestep, and a strike to his leg he makes the man fall. He moves onto the side of the group and dodges the second man. These trained warriors would not make a chance one-on-one, but with them being 11 (one taken down), it would be difficult to keep them at bay.

Three of them are close now. Zioul manages to dodge the first attack, as well as deflect the weapons coming from both sides, but now restricted one warrior manages to land a kick on the side of Zioul's leg. It hurts.

Then piripu finishes the spell. This is Zioul's strong suit, Ritual magic, the magic of creation. The original magic that the gods used to create the world and everything in it. The ultimate power.
"Rise" Zioul says "gjengroing"
The ground begins to tremble, and in an instant different roots and vines emerge. They wrap themselves around every living thing withing the circle piripu drew. Trees, animals, warriors, and even Zioul himself get wrapped up in plants. Zioul then touches the plant with a bit of his mana, and the plant unwraps him.
Now free to move Zioul speaks to the men: "I could've killed you, you know. Watch out who you attack, choose carefully. I managed to keep you alive, although I would check that man's leg-" he says, pointing at the wrapped man on the road. "and treat it. I'll be taking one of your knives. Please don't come after me, if you value your lives and that of your family. He is about to leave, when he thinks of something. An experiment, something fun.
"I'll leave piripu here. He will be here for a day. After that, he'll come flying to me. If you want to join me, or want to learn something, I can help you, just tell my bird, I'll get the message." He calls the bird and presents it to them. He then let's him stand on the shoulder of one of the men.
"He's unkillable, so don't even try. The spell you're trapped in will wear off in 3 hours, untill then, merry spilat" Zioul chuckles. As if these men would know from the old solstice celebration held in the north. He takes off. "The north, yes, that would be a nice place to go". And so he continues walking.

Google-Translate gjengroing, I like to leave little hints in my description :smalltongue:

DMBlackhart
2012-05-04, 10:17 PM
Exicalflowne Dethraden

So to Kosch then? Please be a little more specific.

Erack Pangana

Approaching the tavern's counter, you are met by a burlesque fellow, dressed in dirty garb with the stereotypical gruff appearance. In one hand is a butcher's knife, stained with old blood, in the other a drinking glass, dirty from use, or perhaps from his sub-par maintenance. The fellow asks you something, but you seem lost in thought. Again he shouts it, this time catching your ear."C'n I 'elp ya? What're 'ave boyo?"

Zioul
Any particular destination in mind? Also @Translate, Regrowth?
You saunter off, leaving the confused and distraught bandits in your wake. You walk only a few yards before nearly stumbling, hoping no one noticed. You were drained from the sudden release of mana. You could still walk for most of the day, but would tire quickly, and would no doubt sleep like a log all evening.

Cain Cabrule

You're spell works.

Graham The Wanderer
Asoh, in Curlan. A true crossroads, a place where you can easily hide from pursuers, and from your past. The hustle and bustle of the city leaves you in confusion, the sights and sounds overwhelming you. Among the tens of thousands to walk these rough-hewn pathways, you could not even begin to standout.

drack
2012-05-04, 10:25 PM
Cain

For the third time Cain scans the area around him for anything that catches his eye carefully cataloging it all in his mind.

Erik Vale
2012-05-04, 10:39 PM
Erack

"I'ma have some Algeron Ice, if you have any, and a room."

gunnar11
2012-05-05, 07:23 AM
My translate said the translation was overgrowth :smallsad:
Also: Zioul will be heading towards the north, following the river and eventually entering Ilbrasal, still heading north.

Zioul

Still tired from the mana-expenses just used he could still walk a day, but that would mean no more energy for anything else but sleep. No, that surely wasn't the best option.
Instead Zioul decided to just rest here, set up some minor protection circles (against weather, animals and a detection one in case something smarter than a beast comes wandering in), eat some of the food he still had left, and take a good-earned sleep.

Creed
2012-05-06, 12:10 PM
Exicalflowne

Yes, I am going to Kosch to collect information.

theterran
2012-05-08, 10:43 AM
Graham the Wanderer

Cities... Graham lets out an audible sigh. ...must I?

A voice hums in his head.
...indeed...it is necessary...

Graham lets out another audible sigh and tromps into the city.

And, I suppose, per usual, that it will be left up to me to figure out why I'm here? And I'm sure you probably already know, am I right?

The voice makes an odd noise, almost like a hiccup, however, after spending years with it, Graham knows this sound to be its laugh.

I'll take that as a 'yes', then...

Ending his conversation, Graham came to the realization that he had let the flow of the crowd take him deeper within the city.

Panic begins to wash over Graham. His breathing quickens as the world seemingly begins to spin. Instinctively, he reaches for the dagger under his cloak and the sword that dangles from his left side and grips them tightly, ready to unsheathe them both.

Perhaps you should get out of the crowd...without cutting your way through it... says the spirit's voice, in a calming tone.

His grip relaxing off of the weapons, he grips his staff and using as a walking stick, slowly begins to wade out of the crowd as best he can.

Thanks...that would not have been good...

Yes, you are right, your purpose in being here is definitely not to slay a mass number of people in the market square...

Off to the side in a small darkened corner, Graham looks about and finds that he is indeed in the market square.

drack
2012-05-08, 03:02 PM
Cain

Drawing a small circle in the mud on his arm Cain prepares a simple ritual to dissipate the mud at will before heading towards a settlement in the distance.
(spell)

Stat:ritual
intent: dissipate mud when triggered
Mechanics: when clapped by Cain's hand the magic circle will activate shifting the mud ever so slightly to allow wind currents to easily dissipate it. This spell will be powered by the vary wind it seeks to exploit, tossing the mud coat off of his nice robes once triggered
description: he draws a magical form in the mud on his sleeve.

As he walks Cain will focus his mind

Stat: ritual
Intent: locate a mage
Mechanics: Long ago all magi knew of how to read magic it's self. Seeing it any can do, but reading it's flows is a lost art. This is not so much a magic so much as a feat of the mind and body such as reading a book or hearing a pebble drop. Carefully Cain opens himself to the flows of magic all around him seeing where they dip and spiral. castings commonly appear as if the surrounding magic is being pulled inwards, and a gifted reader can even determine the minute mechanics of spells, and the aftereffects upon the flows of magic which can be influenced as much as centuries later. Cain will be looking for both spells in progress, and denser clumps of magical energies which commonly occur around powerful magi, and through the density of which the magi's power can be gauged.
Description: Cain surveys the city wandering all about in search of indications of magic.

DMBlackhart
2012-05-08, 07:26 PM
Exicalflowne Dethraden

You enter the out-lying borders of Kosch. One of the larger cities in the area, an impressive stone wall surrounds it's edges. To a seasoned creature such as yourself, it seems almost pitiful. On the other side of this wall is a maze of houses, hutts, tents, and shops. You seem lost from the get-go. If not for the impressive iron portcullis guarding the entry-way, you'd certainly feel trapped in such a restrained space.

Erack Pangana

The barkeep walks away without another word, fetching your drink and, presumably your room key. The tavern seems fairly quiet suddenly, which worries you. You turn about in your seat to notice not a single person in the entire establishment is speaking. Few are even breathing, and every eye is centered on you.

Zioul

Your night passes relatively undisturbed. The magics you put in place seem to do their stuff. You awake refreshed and ready to continue your journey.

Some way down the road you come to another pause. A rather annoying turn of events as it seems your progress would be perpetually slowed by bandits this week. A turned-over wagon can be seen only a few yards off, a woman and burly tanned fellow standing outside it. The woman is dressed regally, and seems to be a person of importance, The cart is heavily damaged, and won't be running any time soon.

Whatever horses were operating the wagon seems to have fled as well.[/I]

Cain Cabrule

You feel energy leave your body as you prepare both these castings. You are now well fatigued, but you have strength enough to walk through the arid fields. The city of Sierra Fahls would be a day off from here, but you could make it by early evening if you remained determined.

What halted your progress however, was a suspicious pinging in the back of your mind. You had identified a user of magic very close to you, it worried you, as the signature seemed to be not more then a mile off. Whoever, or whatever the cause, they were moving as well, closer and closer to you, at an alarming pace!

Graham The Wanderer

You take to the darkness of a local alley. You manage to calm yourself, a soft breeze cutting through the dark corners of the city. Once you've caught up with yourself, you begin to regain awareness. Your surroundings seem, off. Before you is the bright shimmering scene of the sun-drenched city, crowds mull about almost mindlessly, in chaotic perfectness.

Behind you however, you have the feeling of foreboding, and a view to match. For behind you are three very unlucky thugs, who have picked this very day, to harass an unknown figure who enter their alley-way in hopes of escaping the chaos of the town proper. These thugs were very unlucky indeed, for they faced down a Magi, little did they know this however, and their treats persisted.
"Hand over your money, and ya live. Ya got that?"

Erik Vale
2012-05-08, 10:42 PM
Erack.
Erack starts thinking to himself rapidly.
'I only asked for Algarian Ice, and that isn't that potent. Fear of travellers. Douptful. The wine isn't that expensive. Is this place for such of nobility....

Erack keeps thinking, letting his gaze move around the room without starring, waiting for something to happen. Slowly power uncoils within himself. This will be invisible to those that can't see magic, but to those who can, a slight glow would grow bigger, as he prepares to defend himself. One hand rests near a dagger hidden under his travelling robes.

drack
2012-05-09, 07:01 AM
OOC:how could energy leave my body there was none to begin with? I am merely turning the nature of the wind to my advantage. :smallbiggrin:

IC:
Seeing the change in the flow Cain draws forth twelve bound long leaves, and buries each within the sand, folding the leaves at various points forming symbols as he buries each one below the sand forming a large crescent thirty paces long. Thus contented he arrogantly strides to the center of the formation and leans if possible more arrogantly on his Cain waiting for his guest.
(spell)
State: ritual
Intent: make the place feel... off... strange... even impossibly wrong making it harder to concentrate.
Mechanics: I am drawing obscure symbol for chaos and disorder into a crescent, the symbol of crow, the primordial madness. This will likely make it vary hard to focus on magics)
Description: Cain draws forth twelve bound long leaves, and buries each within the sand, folding the leaves at various points forming symbols as he buries each one below the sand forming a large crescent thirty paces long.

theterran
2012-05-09, 08:30 AM
Graham the Wanderer

Still facing the square, Graham smiles to himself. His hand instinctively going for his dagger.

...easy... the spirit chides.

...Fine... Graham thinks curtly, ...Let the spirits know that I tried a different path...

"I have a counter proposition for you..." Graham begins.

With his back to the thugs, Graham grasps his staff, using it as a focus for the spell he is about to cast.

Spell:

Suggestion
Stats: Humanity / Shadow
Intent: Lace the next words I say with a strong suggestion to do what I specify, or suffer the consequences specified
Mechanics: Absorb some 'power' from the three thugs to fuel this spell, weakening them and making my words more powerful (believable). Infuse it with Shadow to prey on their fear of death (as thugs tend to truly be cowards).
Description: Graham 'feels' out with his magic and pulls the power needed to fuel the spell primarily from the three thugs. The spell infused words almost seem 'otherworldly'. Power exudes from the words, letting each thug think of the worst possible way he could envision dying should they not comply.

Wheeling around to face his would-be attackers, Graham continues.
"...drop all your money on the ground and leave and I will spare your life. Otherwise, your deaths will be MOST painful"

gunnar11
2012-05-12, 07:39 PM
Zioul was just relaxedly walking along the road, thinking of how well he had slept, considering he had to sleep in a sleeping-bag instead of a bed, when he suddenly encountered the wagon.
His first instinct was to walk around it, avoiding contact. Then he remembered he wouldn't learn anything by avoiding the world.

"Mam, sir. What seems to be the problem?" he says from a safe distance. He inspected the wagon, and the persons beside it. The woman was dressed pretty well. Noblesse of some sort it seemed. The man was a little more robust, and a bit more worn out. "Did the woman actually fight?"

Zioul was hoping for Piripu's return, soon. He wasn't ready to make another piripu, and the last one wouldn't be here for a while. Although Zioul could pretty well manage on his own, it was nice to have a backup-plan, or someone as sneaky as piripu.