PDA

View Full Version : [DFRPG] Walk Before You Run(IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Zman
2012-04-29, 08:05 PM
Act I Scene I: LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED

]Cool, yet comfortable the first warm Friday night of the Spring semester sought to deliver on predictions for FUN FILLED NIGHT. The sounds of frivolity and fun sounded through the air. Party Goers, five score in all filled a party to be proud of. The large, white, three story house located at 1221 College Ave was BRISTLING WITH PEOPLE and the standard party fair. Groups of people were scattered across the modest lawn hidden from prying eyes by a tall wooden fence, littered throughout the 1st and 2nd floors, and 2nd story deck. An outdoor been pong table, keg stations, and makeshift bar seemed to be the most popular attractions filling the lawn. The line for the bathroom sprawled though the house like a drunken snake. Even at 11:00pm there were already a few people who could barely stand, as the rest were just getting started.

The casual observer could hear the odd pickup line, drunkenly LOUD outburst, and general hum of activity. Groups seemed to separate by their intangible status into groups and cliches. The party was alive, every changing.

The funny thing about parties is that everyone has an agenda from sex to drowning their sorrows. What is yours?

Jonathon: Looking for the Rabbit Hole
Chiyoko: Trusty Sidekick
Aiden: Watching the Roomy's Back
Peter: Looking for Trouble(See PM)
Antonio: Hitting the Pavement(Looking for clues about Eric Duffy)
Zachary: Throwing a Party

Out Front: 3 Long Zones in the front of the house filled with CARS and fairly well lit.
1st Floor: Large Living Room Zone, Kitchen Zone(2nd Bar), Bathroom Zone
2nd Floor: Small Living Room Zone, 2 Small Bedroom Zones, Bathroom Zone
2nd Story Deck: Medium Zone, overlooking the yard.
Lawn: Two zones. Closest Zone(Bar, Keg) Furthest Zone(Keg, Pong Table)

Zman
2012-04-29, 08:30 PM
Zachary

Zachary, a tall 22 year old man with jet black hair and very lean and muscular build strode across the wooden deck with long confident strides to gaze at the party before him. He wore jeans with just enough damage, and a white button up shirt.

It wasn't his party per say, but he did live there, as a prominent member of the UWSP football team he was expected to be there. As he looked around he saw all of his teammates he shared the house with, as well as the ones that had other living accommodations. Not to mention everyone else, the place was packed with people, and the all seemed to be having a great time. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Butterball, the curly red haired Defensive Tackle holding a girls legs upright while she attempted a keg stand.

He took a breath and motioned for the music to be turned down, standing tall and proud looking over the party before him he spoke in a booming voice with a smirk on his face, "Welcome ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages... Bottomless red cups are $10, even if you aren't drinking. You have to be 21 years of age to buy one. Butterball", he motioned with his hand, "will be checking IDs." With a smile, he added, "be nice to him, he took one hell of a hit last season and can't see all that well, especially in this lighting. Would you be kind enough to him to just read your date of birth to him. If you tell him you aren't 21, he'll be forced to ask you to leave." Taking a sip of his mixed drink he raised his glass to the party and toasted them, "Enjoy yourselves!"

With that he turned and tried to loosen up a bit.

Presence(Fair +2) + (-1,0,+1,+1) +2(Tagged(Free) Aspect: CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION) = Superb(+5)

Fate Points: 1

Physical Stress OOO(OO)
Mental Stress OOO
Social Stress OOO

Consequences: None

Temporary Aspects: CENTER OF ATTENTION

Barbarian MD
2012-04-29, 09:36 PM
Jonathan (20)

The young man weaved his way through the crowds, trying not to spill his red solo cup filled with hunch punch (minus the punch--yes, that's what I actually want, thank you) while taking measured sips of it. He was never sure why he let Aiden bring him to these parties, but he had to admit they were fun, particularly the people watching. It was fun to meet new people, at least until they got so drunk that they didn't make sense anymore, and one could always hope to meet a nice girl.

He wasn't a bad-looking guy, even if he wasn't on the cutting edge when it came to taste in clothing (jeans and a red light sweater, and he had even gone the extra mile for this party and worn a collared shirt underneath!), and he had grown out of his socially awkward period a long time ago. In fact, once he could corner you and win you over with his easy smile, he was a downright nice guy to talk to.

Even if he was drinking punch at the biggest party of the season.

Currently he was trying to chat up a girl named Erica, a pretty thing with jet black hair and a fellow liberal arts major, trying to extol her on the superiority of British literature before the 1700s over modern American literature.

Rapport (first impression): [roll0]
-temporary aspect: He's a charmer.

Scholarship: [roll1] (whoops. I think that's a +3 total)
-temporary aspect: Smarter than these dumb jocks.

A roll of Average Rapport and Good Scholarship

(is that how it works?)

EDIT: Grand total using combined skill rolls is Fair (+2). That should be enough for a temporary aspect, right?

Refresh: 3
Fate Points: 3

Stress Tracks
Physical ooo
Social ooo
Mental oooo

Arillius
2012-04-29, 09:39 PM
Antonio

The young man pulled up to the school just in time to hear the announcement about beer being served. The simple ruse of checking ID's in such a manner did not escape Antonio, but it would make things easier. His Jeep gave a slight groan of complaint as he turned the engine off. It was an older model, old enough to be made of metal as opposed to the fiberglass frames the cars of today were made of. It had four doors, a roof (thank god), and a sport where flood lights could probably be set up on top. It was also both a blessing and a curse. It wasn't the type of car that attracted notice, even with the loud noises it sometimes omitted, but it certainly was the type of car Antonio normally favored. That being said, it being an actual refurbished military model, the gun compartment hidden beneath the back seat was very useful for his line of work. He had been asked to open it only once and the false bottom had passed a quick inspection with ease. Ah, the perks of his job. To bad said job came with a few risks too.

Said risks gently throbbed beneath his white button down shirt and undershirt. Three bullet wounds. Fully healed, but still recemt enough to be sore sometimes. It sucked but Antonio kept himself from reaching up to touch any of the wounds and exasperating the situation. Instead his hand went to the black bowler cap that topped his short ink black hair, adjusting it so that it sat appropriately atop his head. Then they went to his black jacket, which he wore over his white shirt in a casual fashion that said he had long since gotten comfortable with it's weight, and adjusted it slightly. His hands almost went to his neck to fix the black tie that normally hung around his neck, but he realized that was in the back seat. Instead the top two of his buttons on his shirt were undone. Far more casual and less noticeable then a man in a tie.

All in all, he hardly looked out of place. If anything he could see several people wearing clothes similar to his, though probably far less expensive versions. The only thing remarkable about this 6'2 man, aside from his height and lean frame, was his eyes. At the moment his eye was right an cold, winter blue and his left a warm, summer green. They were subject to change however. He didn't bother hiding them though. If he put any extra effort into doing so people would take note. Better to let them gawk for a second and then get bored rather then wonder what it was he was hiding.

Confidence was an important part about being somewhere your not. Sure, looking the part helps and acting it does too, but simply moving as if you belonged there often kept people from casting a second glance your way. It was how he made his way onto the lawn, with confidence. He was probably in the middle of the age groups that attended this party. Not as old as some but not as young as others. That and a pretty large gathering would make it easy for him to blend in. It was just a little distracting. Everyone in a while someone would try some stupid stunt and Antonio could not help but notice they were about to have a change of luck. Even something as simple as a guy speaking to a woman and getting shot down bothered him just a little. It wasn't painful or anything, just a lot of information. Tony wondered what sick, twisted part of his mind was running the numbers, as he liked to call it, at times like these. Probably the same one that made him relive that damn dream every night.

But he wasn't just here to mingle with the students. He was here to find information about one in particular. He didn't have much on the kid though. Didn't even know where the kid had stayed. His first stop was the area with the drinks. He waited online for several minutes, watching the guy called Butterball as he did. He pulling out a ten and his I.D. when he reached the table. Tony reads the important parts aloud and then shows it too the large football player. "George Ramsey, born September 6, 1988."

'I really hate this name.' Was all he could think to himself as he read it aloud.

He stops for a moment, as if unsure, and then says allowed in what sounded like a genuinely surprised voice, "Holy crap, it is you. I didn't recognize the nickname but there's no mistaking it. Man, I saw you play last season. Don't think I know anyone who can take a hit like you can." He leans in just a little and says in a slightly conspiratorial voice, "Or dish one out. Don't tell the rest of the team I said that though. I'll probably get dunked if they find out."

Normally, Antonio was just below average when it came to social skills. He had never practiced simply talking to others as a child. Never needed too. With his brother and, later on, his gang, there was an understanding, a bond. They were a family, even if they didn't always get along, and that meant you didn't have to worry about how things were said. What he did learn though, having practiced as far back as he could remember being able to speak, was being able to lie. Lying wasn't precisely a gift for him, but he was good. And at this moment he had Butterballs number. Between the compliments, the familiar tone, and the slightly to fast paced way he was talking it was unlikely the guy was able to even keep up with what had just happened, nonetheless question it. It was hard for people who suffered multiple head injuries to focus to much, he knew several guys like that who boxed at the gym back in the city. It was even harder when the guy guarding the booze was sampling his product. More then likely, Antonio was what he appeared to be to Butterball. A fan.

"Hey, listen man, sorry if I'm holding up the line here but I gotta know if you could do me a solid. You see, I'm with here with a friend of mine whose looking to find about more about his... late brother." Tony paused for a moment, pretending to feel a little awkward about saying such a thing. It wasn't every day that someone asked such questions after all. "His brother's name was Eric Duffey. Perhaps you've heard of him? Do you know anyone I could talk to who might know more about the kid?"

OOC
1-2 = minus
3-4 = nothing
5-6 = plus
Deceit (Fair +2) ([roll0]= +1, [roll1]= 0, [roll2]= -1, [roll3]= +1 = +3, Good

Investigation yields Aspect: Drunk off his butter(+2)(Tag)

Total
Deceit: +5, Superb

Zman
2012-04-29, 10:17 PM
Erica

Looks at Jonathan and in her most polite just short of shouting voice, "It's hard to understand you, its rather LOUD here" as she points to her ear.

"Is that Punch?" She changes the subject, but is still engaged in conversation.

Rapport(Average +1) + (0,0,0, +1) +1(Tagged: LOUD) = Good(+3) vs Fair(+2)
Failed Social Advances.

Barbarian MD
2012-04-29, 10:46 PM
Jonathan shouts over the noise, "Yeah, I always get my hunch punch without the hunch.

i don't know if you guys have hunch punch up north, but it's basically Kool-aid mixed with alcohol in gigantic coolers of ice. Translate that into whatever you call it up north.

"Personal preference, really. So where are you from?"

Is it a constant back and forth of rolls? Or is that just when I'm trying to get a temporary aspect?

Rapport: [roll0]+2=Average +1

After 10 minutes, I'll do an empathy check to try to figure out one of her aspects.
[roll1]+2=Average +1

[Edit: I'm glad we're not fighting right now. These are horrific rolls!]

I'm not necessarily going for anything in particular with all this, I just want to get a sense of how the system works.

Zman
2012-04-29, 11:17 PM
Butterball
"Jeff, can I call you Jeffy. Man, you are good ****, I always liked you.." He manages to step around the bar with only a minor hip check throwing his big arm around Antonio's back.

"It just ain't right man. It Ain't RIGHT!" Butterball lets a bit of emotion slip.

Butterball makes a pretty good sigh. "Can't believe he drowned, saw the kid out and about here and there but didn't really know him. Can't figure out why he walked towards the river."

He gets distracted for a second, then look back, his gaze clearing for a second, "Did you hear, people are saying all of these drowning across the state are due to some serial killer?"

"Makes you think twice about walking home alone...Who preys on college guys anyway?"

Rapport(Mediocre +0) [roll0] +1(LOUD) = Mediocre(+0) vs Supurb(+5)
Slightly Persistent Aspect(4 exchanges): MY BESTEST JEFFY

Erika
"I've never heard it called that before, we call it Whop, short for Whopatooli."

She seems to be losing interest..."Little Chute, its by Green Bay"

Rapport(Average+1) + [roll1] +1(LOUD) = Average(+1)
Social Draw

Empathy Check Failure

I'm trying to get used to thinking in FATE terms too. I figured this meet and great would be a great opening scene for this reason.

horngeek
2012-04-29, 11:20 PM
Chiyoko spots Jonathan chatting with a girl she doesn't know, and walks up, smiling politely. "Hello, Jonathan. Mind introducing me?"

While the Japanese girl isn't outright shouting, she is speaking quite firmly above the crowd.

She's dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, as this isn't exactly a formal party. Her long black hair's held back with a headband, framing her face and her olive eyes. Unlike some at the party, Chiyoko hasn't gone overboard with makeup. To be frank, she doesn't need to.

Going for Rapport, trying to establish a Temporary Aspect of Good Heavens, she's polite.

[roll0], +2 from her Fair Rapport skill.

3 Fate Points/3 Refresh

Barbarian MD
2012-04-29, 11:40 PM
"Hey Chiyoko, this is Erica."

He turns back to the girl. "Enough talk! This is supposed to be a Fun-Filled Night! Let's dance!"

As the first to tag Fun-Filled Night, can I get a free +2 bonus (assuming that's an aspect, of course)?

[roll0] +2 Rapport +2 Tag

Is that how it works?

-3? Are you freaking kidding me?!

Arillius
2012-04-29, 11:41 PM
Antonio

Tony was more then happy he had decided to leave his Glock 19 in the car, a gun he normally wore underneath his jacket on a shoulder holster. He had some papers for it for George, but guns still scare people. Butterball would have felt the odd shoulder strap almost immediately had he been wearing it. "Of course you can call me Jeffy man. You asked that the last time we hung out, remember."

'Besides, it's a better name then George.'

As the large, drunk man starts to crack a little about the deaths Antonio is surprised. He hadn't known there were others. The following words were almost the entire truth, which made Antonio crack just a little himself. "A monster man. Nothing but a monster. But hey, the cops are on it. This thing's gone through the rest of the state but never here. They'll catch him soon enough, I guarantee you." The reaffirmation of the mans confidence in the world was, of course, complete bull. But it was good bull and it sounded sincere enough.

He started looking at the pieces. It was unlikely the killer was connected to the Figurine, but the fact that Eric's death wasn't just some accident meant something. He was sure of it, though he didn't know why. And someone was killing kids. Oh, sure, they might be in college. But they were still kids. Mostly ignorant of the brutal nature of life and happy that way. 'Wish I had the chance to be a kid.' If he could find the figurine quickly enough, perhaps he could help track down this killer. He didn't have the resources the cops did, but he didn't have their limitations either. Then again, he would also put a target on his back if he did anything too overt before his name was cleared. The situation annoyed Antonio to no end. He didn't often go vigilante, but that's because his job had him taking down enough murderer's as it was. He was no saint but he did some good. At least, he hoped he did.

It took Antonio a moment to calm himself down and start thinking clearly on the matter again He hadn't known anyone and, aside from Eric's death making it harder on his hunt for the figurine, the killer really didn't affect him. And first, he had to find out what he could about the figurine. If he got a chance to take out this killer, all the better, but he had to focus for the moment. Still... there's just some things you don't do. Leaving kids to die... that's one of them. Letting the bastard who killed some kids already get away, that's another.

The internal argument got to the point where the young man just said screw it. Antonio consigned himself to the fact that his conscience wouldn't let him leave this place without at least trying to take down the killer. When he got some free time he'd be looking into it. And the sooner he found the figurine, no matter what else he did, the better his situation would be.

"Listen man." Antonio starts speaking to Butterball again, "There's not much we can do ourselves and worrying about it too much won't help anyone. I'm with his brother though and I gotta say the guy is... well he's down man. Eric was his kid brother. I didn't know Eric either, but from the way Jimmy talks about him... If I can help my friend just a little then maybe something good can come out of this mess. Do you know anyone who might have known the kid? I hear he was a... a..." He paused for a moment, pretending to recall what the kid had been studying. It was an act, done to make it seem more realistic. "Conservation and Wildlife major? I think that's it."

OOC
[roll0]
+
Deceit: +2, Fair

Tagging 'My Bestest Jeffy' +2

Total
Deceit: +5, Superb

A'den
2012-04-30, 02:32 AM
Peter 25

Peter zipped up the fly of his jeans and checked himself out in out in the mirror, blond hair and gray eyes looked back at him his skin was still red and dark from his time overseas he looked distinguished and way too old for this party. But he really wasn't hefe for fun. He stepped out of the bathroom into the living room back into the roar of the party his red sodo cup in hand. He scanned the crowd looking for people he knew.

Investigation: Trying to declare aspect, A FAMILIAR FACE

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]

Peter: Refresh 1/2
STRESS TRACK:
PHYSICAL: 0000
MENTAL:00
SOCIAL:00

Zman
2012-04-30, 07:39 AM
Antonio needs to make an awareness roll regarding his luck senses...
Chiyoko should make an awareness roll to see Peter.
Antonio can try to recognize Zachary.

Erika

Erika is mid conversation with with Jonathan when a petite Asian girl interjects into the conversation.

Rapport(Average +1) +[roll0] +1(LOUD) = Fair + 2 vs Fair(+2)
No. Temporary aspect.

Butterball

"Yean, Eric hung out with some people. Can't really tell you who exactly. Best bet is to try and talk to those nature types. I usually saw him when I was drinking, and people tell me I'm kinda dense when I'm drinking!". I think that guy over there, as he points to a guy who who has seen just a bit too much, a man who seems to be looking for someone, is a Conservation major. Maybe he can help you.

Someone bumps into Butterball when he turns back he has a blank stare, "Wanna do some shotzz" with jut a hint of slurring to his words...

Rapport(Mediocre) + [roll1] +1(LOUD) = Fair vs Supurb = 3 Shifts

Zman
2012-04-30, 08:06 AM
Erika

Right befor Erika has a chance to respond to Chiyoko, Jonathan springs one last effort to salvage this love interest to no avail...

"Maybe later, I'm not really in the dancing mood. Thanks for asking."

Erika then turns and begins making polite conversation with both Jonathan and Chiyoko.

Jonathan mulls over is poor luck at liking the girls least likely to make hitting on them easy.

Rapport(Average) +[roll0] = Average vs Average = Negligable effect.

LOUD Is not in play here as asking to dance is not complicated conversation, it's relatively simple. Presence or Rapport could have been used here.

Thee are also no negative aspects in play because no failure was large enough to warrant one.

If it wasn't for that poor roll you would of had this one.

At this point the Cat and Mouse game is over. It was three exchanges, you needed to end with a great result, two positive shifts to get her number, etc

You'll have to try that one again later.

horngeek
2012-04-30, 08:41 AM
Chiyoko smiles, making polite conversation with Erica while looking around a bit, looking for anyone else she knows.

Making the called-for awareness roll. Using Alertness, which is Average (+1).

[roll0] +1

Barbarian MD
2012-04-30, 08:50 AM
Jonathan gives up, takes another measured sip from his solo cup, and turns back to Chiyoko. "See anything interesting around here?"

my own alertness roll: [roll0]+1

If nothing present itself, he'll go back to wandering and people watching. So if someone wants to talk to him, they're welcome to start a conversation--Presence: [roll1]+2. Yep, totally unnoticed.

horngeek
2012-04-30, 08:59 AM
Chiyoko blinks, as she sees Peter. "Actually, yes. Someone I met a while ago..."

Given that Jonathan's not the only other person listening to her, she doesn't say more just yet.

Dextral
2012-04-30, 09:33 AM
Aiden leaned against the wall, observing the raucous mass of partying college students and trying to remember a time when he had actually enjoyed himself at these events. The nineteen-year-old college student was dressed in tight black jeans and a collared dark purple shirt. His hair was styled in that particular messy way that he nevertheless spent almost half an hour trying to get right.

It wouldn’t have been that long ago when he would have been one of those drinking to excess and dancing like a maniac, but now he was just another wallflower awkwardly watching other people enjoy themselves. He took another drink from his cheap plastic cup. Non-alcoholic, of course. Another concession that his new life forced him to make. He and alcohol did not mix well, unless he wanted a brief but certainly exciting end to this party.

He finished his drink, tossing the cup into a nearby trashcan. He spied his roommate Jonathon chatting up some girl and subsequently getting shot down. He chuckled under his breath. At least he wasn’t the only one not having a great time. He weaved his way through the crowd, joining the small gathering of people. He recognized Jonathon, of course, and his pretty Asian friend whose name he couldn’t remember for the life of him. He didn’t know whom the object of his roommate’s unreturned affections was, but he doubted that she would be around for long enough for that to matter anyway.

“How are we doing on this fine night of revelry and debauchery?” He smile as he greeted the group was genuine. Just because he wasn’t having a great time didn’t mean he had to rain on everyone else’s parade.

Using Rapport to try and create a favorable first impression. [roll0]

Rapport: Fair (+2)

Zman
2012-04-30, 01:10 PM
Zachary

Firmly planted upon the deck, Zachary stood engaged in idle flirtation with a knockout blonde named Ashley. She must have been 5'4" and a size 2...but unfortunately that didn't apply to her ego, which must have been a 22.

God, I wish someone would just shut her up.... She's hot, and she knows it...why must she ruin that by opening her mouth? Nice smile...

Whether he liked her or not, Zachary certainly played the part, though whenever her attention wavered he, took the opportunity to look around. It took him a while, but he eventually noticed that streaker kid....Aiden...and he was with friends. A nerdy guy and a petite little asian boy....errr girl. With that Zachary leaned against the railing as standing is just a bit of work sometimes. Taking another sip of his mixed drink, he wondered how intoxicated he really was and if he should consider slowing down for he night before becoming too impaired.

Are you kidding yourself? Of course you are drunk. You are standing hear, more like leaning against the railing actually considering Ashley... This is going to get ugly.

Presence(Fair +2) + [roll0] + 2 (Tagged: CENTER OF ATTENTION) = Great(+4)
Trying to flirt, I forgot to put in a roll for her, we are calling her a Good(+3) Challenge. Yields the Temporary Aspect INTERESTED.

Awareness(Average +1) + [roll1] = Fair(+2)
After a couple of minutes he eventually sees Aiden and company.

Endurance(Fair +2) + [roll2] -1 (Discipline Penalty) = Terrible(-2)
Umm....yeah. Someone is getting TRASHED.

Arillius
2012-04-30, 05:31 PM
Antonio

Somehow managing to look sad while also smiling, Antonio shakes his head and says. "Would if I could man. I got drafted for driving Jimmy home tonight. How about this though..." He holds the ten in his hand up for Butterball to see, then puts it in the college students pocket. "Next time you need to buy a drink, get it on me."

He pats the man on the back and says, "Have fun man."

It really couldn't have worked out better if Tony had arranged it. As he slipped out from beneath the drunk mans arm and started to head towards the guy Butterball so kindly pointed out to him, Antonio smiled just a little. Between the ten Tony had left for the guy and the fact that he obviously thought Tony was someone else it was unlikely they would ever connect the two. The information he had picked up about a serial killer bothered him, but now that he was away from the distracting Butterball he could think clearly enough to recognize the fact that the cops would, as he had told Butterball, catch the guy. Serial killers usually only got away with crap because no one realized that's what was happening. If the guy had already gotten pegged as one, even Departments with rivalries were willing to work together to nab the bastard. Probably.

His smile gone, the buzz about getting information so quickly fading away at the sobering thought of a murderer, Antonio made his way through the crowd slowly. He was studying the guy that Butterball had pointed out. Judging from the look of the second guy though Antonio was not going to be nearly as lucky as he had been with Butterball. He seemed more attentive to say the least. While he was inspecting the guy for some clue he could use, Antonio seemed to realize something. He had met the man before, in this very town at the local pawn shop. Considering it was a college town it made sense that a lot of the people he would meet were students but Tony had gotten a completely different vibe from the dude.

'Damn. Five minutes talking to Butterball and I'm already starting to think like him. Ironically, it only makes me want to drink even more.'

Tony, putting a smile on for the second time that day, walks around to a spot next to Peter nonchalantly. He moves to stand beside him and begins to survey the crowd, trying to make it look casual. He didn't want to seem like he was looking for the guy specifically. If he could make the whole thing seem happenstance and coincidence then it was less likely Tony would be remembered. You know, as opposed to the guy who went from one person to the next asking questions about a missing student. Perhaps it was the loud music that let him stand next to the guy unheard. Maybe it was simply the sheer amount of people around them at this party that let him look like any other guy even with his slightly less then casual clothing. Whatever the reason, Tony could do nonchalant pretty well apparently.

"Party just started a little while ago and half the people here are already drunk. Wonder how many of these kids actually came to learn, huh? Then again, I know at least one guy in there whose drinking for a good reason." Tony sighs and shakes his head, appearing forlorn for a moment. If he could get the guy to ask and offer assistance on it's own, the encounter would be a lot harder to connect with anything else. Antonio waits a moment and then grins as he pretends to notice that he just realized who Peter was. "Wouldn't have pegged you for the learning type."

Tony offers his hand to Peter, giving the man a strong shake, though without any sort of challenge to see who was strong, if he accepts. The people who knew how to take care of themselves, I mean really knew, rarely did stuff like that. "Peter right? George remember? We met at the Pawn Shop downtown when you were buying that nice looking rifle. How have you been?"

OOC
Deceit (+2, Fair) + [roll0] + 2 tagging LOUD (less likely to be heard) = +5, Superb
Enter Stage Left: George Ramsey making a second appearance.

Investigation (+3, Good) + [roll1] = +4, Great
Scanning the crowd for something of interest

horngeek
2012-04-30, 11:20 PM
Chiyoko smiles at Aiden's question. "Not engaging in debauchery, for one thing. You're Jonathon's roommate, right? I'm Chiyoko Hayashi."

Not sure if I need to roll defense. If yes, I'll roll up in the OOC.

A'den
2012-05-01, 08:23 AM
Peter's did a double take on the man that picked the adjacent bit of wall next to him to occupy. For a second he flashed to the memory of three weeping gun shots in the man's torso and his hands covered in blood as he applied an improvised Israeli bandage. Memory blinked and was gone and he shook George's hand with his own calloused paw.

"It's more of a ritual now than an education before life happens." Peter replied, he took a sip from his red cup. "And you might be surprised to find out how many jobs require ritual approval regardless of your experience. Nice to see you healthy again, George. The rifle is fine I installed a free floating barrel and a nice synthetic stock, still looking for a good optic though. If you got some time this weekend we can take it to the range."

He shrugged the hairs on the back of his neck felt like they stood on end, making new friends was a skill he was trying to develop. Networking and who you knew helped him out of more than one mess in the Army. His gaze only stayed on George for a few moments before returning to casually glancing around the room. The younger crowd at least drew out the more admirable lot of women than the average dives he frequented in the past.

"Didn't peg a business type such as yourself to slum it here either. What brings you out tonight? I don't remember you mentioning that you were a student too?"

Deceit [roll0] [0] Against anyone trying to spot that he packing.
Empathy [roll1] [0] To spot Tony's half truths or get a read on him.
Alertness [roll2] [+2] Searching the crowd for recognizable faces.
Investigation [roll3] [0] It's a party full of drunken frivolity discover Aspect FUN FILLED NIGHT to place a penalty on anyone trying to notice that Peter is packing because of all the distractions that occur around them.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-01, 09:00 AM
Jonathan turns as his roommate approaches.

"You're not drunk, yet? I thought I was going to DD tonight. How's the prowl going?"

In truth, Jonathan just isn't feeling it tonight, and he's a little grumpy. Normally he finds ways to have fun at things like this, but things just feel... off. The whole campus seems to have a cloud over it, and it's like an annoying buzzing noise just below your perception. He felt distracted and tense.

Arillius
2012-05-01, 09:54 AM
Antonio

The young man was honestly surprised by the offer and didn't have to fake the expression he wore. He managed to cover it up though in, again, an honest manner by pretending he often got offers to 'hang out' with friends. If it wasn't painfully obvious that he didn't, then someone probably needed to get their eyes checked. "If I'm still in town by the time the weekend rolls around, sure. I am here on business though. Sort of. Not paid work but it's.. well..."

Antonio sighs and shakes his head, as if the reason why he was here was pretty serious. "You see, his brother recently passed away. While he makes the arrangements for the kid's funeral, I'm down here looking to collect his stuff. Jimmy, the kids brother, was a bit to... distraught to come down here himself, so I offered to do it for him. He and his brother were... estranged."

The pauses appear to be awkward moments for Antonio as he tries to think of how to appropriately phrase something. "I figured I'd find what I needed from the Records office, but they won't release anything to a random stranger and Jimmy, my friend, hasn't picked up all day. Probably... mourning." Antonio had almost sounded like he was going to say drinking with that one, but thought better of it. "I'm kind of stuck here until I can find someone who knew the kid."

Tony appears to have a thought, then turns to look at Peter. "Maybe you knew him. Eric Duffy?" Antonio looks like he's trying to recall something, tapping his foot against the ground very lightly and looking pensive as he gives the description of Eric he had gotten from Jimmy. "The only other thing that I know about him was that the kid was a Conservation and Wildlife major."

"Please, tell me you know who I'm talking about?" Antonio's expression now is genuine. He really hopes Peter will have what he needs.

OOC
Deceit (+2, fair) + [roll0] + Tagging LOUD for social defense against Empathy checks (+1) = Deceit +6, Fantastic

Dextral
2012-05-01, 06:36 PM
Aiden gasps in mock horror at Chiyoko assertion that there would be no debauchery this evening. “ What? No debauchery? Well, you need to start hanging out with me then. I guarantee you’ll end up in some kind of debauchery.” He gave Chiyoko an exaggerated wink. “Nice to finally meet you Chiyoko. I’m Aidan. “

He turned next to Jonathon to answer the question of why he wasn’t plastered out of his mind yet. He couldn’t just say he didn’t feel like drinking right now however. He had a reputation to maintain.

“Surprised me too. The cheap swill they serve here is even cheaper and swillier than usual. It turns out that even I have standards. Shocking, I know. Probably for the best any way. I have a disturbingly large paper to write, and I’ve heard that those are easier to write when you’re not totally wasted. Personally I’m skeptical, but hey, you know me. I’ll try anything once.”

A lie, but a necessary one. What was he supposed to say? I can’t drink because there’s a chance I will eat the nice partygoers or shed on the carpet? They would either think he was crazy, or worse, believe him. Jonathon and Chiyoko seemed like nice, normal people and he had no wish to go dragging them into his world

horngeek
2012-05-01, 06:51 PM
Chiyoko giggles a bit. "I'm not old enough for the 'cheap swill' anyway."

She smiles a bit at Aiden. "What's the paper on?"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-02, 08:40 AM
"Well, you've only got one month from today to plan my birthday, so you'll have to educate me on the swill.

"...You have a paper and I'm just now finding out about it? You haven't done anything even remotely looking like writing all week, or reading for that matter. I swear, man, you are way more comfortable with urgency than I am."

A'den
2012-05-02, 05:38 PM
"Yeah, I knew him. We were friends seemed like a nice kid. Actually there were some things about his death that didn't add up to me at least. Police think I'm being crazy but I swear he didn't leave that night alone."

Peter paused as something appeared to catch his attention.

"I think I see some one I know."

Peter ducked into the press of the crowd.

Arillius
2012-05-03, 01:01 AM
Antonio

Just as his only viable lead to more information about Eric Duffey walks off toward a group of kids that seemed to young to be drinking, Antonio catches something odd with the people at the party. He takes his eyes away from the guy wearing a painful red sweater, the Japanese girl that would have caught Antonio's eyes if he wasn't on a job, and a blond haired man that looked like he had been to a tanning salon to witness what might have been one of the strangest things Antonio has ever seen. Normally when Antonio looks at someone who is actively doing something he can see... something. Sounds vague, but the man had yet to find a way to describe it. He just assumed it was his mind adding up pieces to a puzzle he hadn't seen yet. This... something might be a vague hint that things were about to change or a big flashing neon sign, figuratively speaking, but it meant that Antonio could guess, with unerring accuracy, when someone's luck was about to change. He couldn't see how, but considering his skill at reading a situation it wasn't normally that hard to guess.

At the moment though Antonio had to wonder if hanging with Butterball had somehow given him a contact high. That... something that he normally saw was taking the shape of vague undefined colors seeping off of people. It was also bending, the way a fire might under a powerful breeze, toward a single direction. He shut his eyes and rubbed them rather forcefully, hoping it was just a trick of the light. As he watched the color seemed to be ripped off the people in that direction and pulled inexorably toward the annoying woman that the annoying guy was talking too. Antonio had no time to wonder about how the guy looked familiar because the lights started to move even faster. He shook his head and looked away, feeling a headache coming on.

When he finally opened his eyes again he noticed most of the colors were gone, those few that hung onto people only did so briefly. The woman glowed particularly bright, as if the colors that she had been pulling toward her were now suspended around her. Curious about what the hell just happened Antonio started to study the woman, having forgotten all about Peter's abrupt walk away and the group of kids he had joined for the moment. To be honest, Antonio was still wondering what kind of contact high he was getting and had to remember to avoid anyone under the influence of whatever it was in his system.

OOC
Investigation (+3, Good) + [roll0] = Investigation +3, Good

Would like to ask if I can tag the Center of Attention aspect, considering she is talking to the guy who set it up. Think that might be worth of a bonus, like a Center of Attentions Date kind of thing? If not I'll leave it at a +3.

Zman
2012-05-03, 07:52 AM
As the party reaches its apex an eerie feeling descends upon the party, like a wet blanket smothering a fire. The hairs on your neck begin to raise. Your phone disobeys your ever command. Thunder crashes on a clear night.

Three seconds of pure silence before....

Arillius
2012-05-03, 08:19 AM
Antonio

Given how focused he was on the light show, how stressful his last few days had been, his recent experience with being shot at and his overall experience with being shot at it what happened next was forgivable for the young man. Probably. Before he really thought about where the sound came from he was already ducking down, scanning the crowd for the shooter, and reaching for the gun on his ankle. He stopped himself perhaps half way to the ground when he realized the loud bang he had heard was not, in fact, a gunshot ringing out into the empty night sky. It was more like thunder.

Standing up casually, as if he had just picked something up off the ground that he had dropped, Antonio looked around the party with a growing sense of unease. Thunder happened sometimes in the really dry seasons, right? That was what he had heard of course. Still, for some inexplicable reason, his eyes were drawn to the woman with the light show swirling around her.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-03, 10:10 AM
Jonathan had been becoming more and more unhappy with the party. He felt tense, he felt a headache coming on, and it was getting late. He had been about to tell his friend he was going to walk home.

And then things got worse.

Others felt a smothering feeling descend. He could hardly breathe. The shock was enough to make him gasp for breath. His headache blossomed into a full-on migraine.

"Guys, I don't feel so hot. I think I--"

horngeek
2012-05-03, 04:26 PM
Chiyoko instantly snaps over to alertness once she feels the malice hanging in the air. She scans the crowd, looking for the source, as she voices her concerns. "Something bad's about to happen. Jonathan, you've got a better sight than I do, can you try-"

Unfortunately, due to speaking pretty much on top of Jonathan, she doesn't catch what he's saying in time...

Dextral
2012-05-03, 06:38 PM
Aidan opened his mouth to say something, ready with some kind of snarky quip, but the sudden change in the air silences him. He doesn't know what, but something had happened. Something was wrong.

The wild, animalistic part of himself practically screams in terror. All calm and rational thoughts were forced from his mind. He is consumed with the overwhelming urge to run and hide. Furiously, he begins scanning the crowd, looking for anyone or anything that could be a possible threat.

Zman
2012-05-03, 10:16 PM
The silence seemed to drag on and on, the moment pregnant with tension, fear, all bound together together in more moment of pure apprehensive dread.

Zachary had his hand on the small of Ashleys back when it happened. On a calm night, lightning struck. Not a demonstration of natures power, but a dark twisted hatred given form, turned into a weapon. The bolt struck the blonde girl, seemingly singling her out. Discharging through one of the deck's support, splinters peppered the crowd as the water in the wood rapidly vaporized with explosive expansion. Filled with people and weakened support the deck began to collapse. The poor blond seemed to be a rag doll as she fell towards the ground in an unconscious heap.

A fraction of the power struck Zachary, launching clear off the deck towards the sharp spikes of the wooden fence. He attempts to catch his fall but smashes into the fence, his back cracking off the spikes of the fence. A loud crack can be heard, though if it is from his ribs or the fence is impossible to determine.

Attack 10 Weapon1(Fence) vs Athletics(Good) + [roll0] -2(TRASHED) = 9 Shifts of Damage. Armor 1 negates Weapon 1.

Moderate Consequence: Bruised Ribs

Stress
Physical OOO(OX)

Arillius
2012-05-03, 10:27 PM
Antonio

The young man had never seen lightning strike so close. To be honest, he wasn't even sure if he could believe his eyes because of all the colors until the moment things started to explode. The lightning looked almost dark and twisted under this light and for the first time Antonio could not only see luck in general but bad luck. The brief glimpse into the horrible nature of what he was seeing vanished the moment he saw the loud mouth from earlier get launched off the deck and the young woman he was talking to fall down off of it. He wouldn't be able to reach the man, nor help him if he could considering the guys size. The girl might still be alive however.

Tony didn't hesitate, even when he saw the deck might fall down on top of her. With speed that was almost to fast to be real he moved, dropping into a slide to safely catch the girl and continuing the movement with a swift roll to get him and the girl safely away from the collapsing deck. Despite his skill and the fact that he cleared the deck by a good margin, Tony was unsure himself if he or the girl were out of danger. So he quickly covered her body with his own until the last sounds of crashing died away.

Why would he do this? Because there are just some things you don't do. Letting someone fall to their death was one of them. Too bad about the guy, but maybe he saved at least one life today.

OOC
Athletics +3, good + [roll0] = Athletics 7, Epic

I have 5 fate points, but I don't think I'll need to use one to invoke an aspect. A roll of 7 should clear me of just about anything. XD

That being said, I am compelling his "There's just some things you don't do" aspect to see if I can get a fate point, since he's putting his own life on the line with this maneuver because he's unwilling to let someone who might be saved die.

What do you think DM?

horngeek
2012-05-03, 10:48 PM
Chiyoko blinks in the aftermath of the lightning strike, clearing her head. As she sees the girl fall and the guy get blown away, she starts to move... before Antonio rushes towards the girl falling down.

She starts running to Zachary instead, pushing people out of the way. Once there, she tries to help him up off the ground. "Are you all right?"

A'den
2012-05-04, 01:00 AM
It was familiar.

The sudden drop of negative pressure dominated by the burst of following outward pressure as the sound of the bolt exploded through the house was familiar like a lover's touch.That should of told Peter how ****ed up his brain with was to begin with but the sudden wash of silence that moment when his pupils dilated, his heart started beating out of his chest surging blood to his muscles, adrenaline boiled every decision down to kill the mother****er in front of him or get the hell out of Dodge.

The hammer came down in the form of a bolt of lightening. The lightening should of been statistically impossible give how many other high points of negative attraction the sudden surge of positive electrons could of gravitated toward, telephone poles, cellphone towers, etc.

Peter wasn't even really seeing the room in front of him. He didn't really see that he had his pistol drawn standing ready in the Weaver stance looking for hostiles. Of course there were really only frightened students, hearing the crash he immediately made for the outside, pretty much ruthlessly shoving anyone who got in his way to the ground out of what he perceived might be harm's way.

"MOVE! ON THE GROUND! IS EVERYONE OKAY?!" His voice bellowed as he got to the scene.

Not much for rolls but I would like to compel his Spooked Soldier Aspect for his reaction basically the sound of the lighting bolt triggered some instinctive responses and threatening aggressive behavior.

If you need to roll for shoving random NPCs out of the way I will probably FISTS or MIGHT? But otherwise I won't.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-04, 09:25 AM
Just before the lightning strikes, Jonathan screams in fear and pain, his headache doubling in intensity. He clutches his head and tears stream from his firmly shut eyes. Fear, hate, lust, terror--they all wash over him in a palpable torrent.

In the instant the lightning strikes, Jonathan opens his eyes to a world filled with insanity. For a split second, wolves, demons, and spirits fill his vision. A howling jet of black fire roars down and engulfs a poor woman dressed in white on the deck. Clinging, writhing hands reach out from the fire and tear the woman to pieces before the fire ascends.

And then, just as quickly, they are gone, and the vision is gone. He blinks the tears from his eyes. The loss of the feeling is just as palpable, and he feels empty and drained, sinking to a knee and only just beginning to grasp from the frantic conversation around him that lightning has struck nearby, and someone has been killed. His thoughts are a jumbled mess, and he is in shock from the vision he doubts was even real.

After a long moment he stumbles upright, trying to take stock of the scene, take stock of the fact that his friends are okay. Without thinking, he begins to shamble towards the victims, beginning to recover physically as he does so, so that he appears almost normal by the time he has taken a few steps, were it not for his ashen face. He makes his way slowly to the scene.

And then he throws up.

He won't notice until later that night that his hunch punch has soaked one leg of his pants.

Zman
2012-05-04, 09:37 AM
Zachary

A sudden flash, immense impact, and the feeling of floating amidst the distance sense of screams, definitely screams, all followed by the feeling of impact and the cracking of ribs. Three years of being a college middle linebacker and he'd never been hit that hard. Though, one he was in a Motorcycle accident that had come close.

Moments later, once he firmly established himself as planted in a heap on the ground, and you'd girl sking if he wanted to fight, or was it if he was all right.

Zachary, in a manly fashion attempted to stand with an, "Ugg..." after failing twice, due to the drink, or impact...he'd decide which later. He decided to take the hand of the little Asian giril, who must have been only 4'10" 90 lbs or so, to help him up. Before he knew what he was doing he got out, " How are you doin?" in his best Joey Triviani accent.

Zachary got up a amidst the confusion, checked his left side for blood, there was none, the fence failed to pierce the skin, but his ribs were definitely broken. Taking stock of the disaster around him, he failed to notice most of the carnage, or even the man with a gun.

Precence(Fair) +1 -2 TRASHED = Average

Awareness(Average) -1 -2 = Terrible

Barbarian MD
2012-05-04, 12:11 PM
Jonathan shambles his way to the dead girl, horrified by what he expects to see, but he must do it. He's not crazy--she was torn limb from limb. And the only way to assure himself that he's not crazy is to see the body. He's not really sure why, but he just knows that he must.

After several moments of wading through the frenzied mass of people, the crowd parts to reveal... a wholly intact girl. Burnt by lightning, but intact.

The world stops as his mind tries to reconcile this fact. His mind flashes back (unwanted) to the scene of her being torn limb from limb, and he recoils in horror, throwing up again all over the feet of some guy trying to push his way through the crowd.

It's too much. He slumps to the ground, sitting with his knees curled up to his chest in a daze. He looks back to the girl through his tears.

And she's in pieces again. Blood is spattered all over, and her severed head--what's left of it--is only inches away from his foot. The wolf, no--a cougar apparently; it's interesting what one can fixate on in shock--is standing over him, and a woman in white is kneeling beside him, asking him something, but the words and images quickly fade as he embraces oblivion, passing out on the ground.

Arillius
2012-05-04, 05:50 PM
Antonio

When the last sounds of the deck crashing to the ground faded away Antonio pulled himself up off the girl and quickly checked her pulse. For just a moment he had thought maybe he had done something right and managed to save a life. Despite his almost impossible movements and success in catching her, however, it seemed the lightning strike had stopped her heart before she had even fallen over the edge.

"****."

Antonio rarely cursed, but this seemed an appropriate time to do it. He couldn't, for the life of him, remember how to do CPR so he stood up and immediately looked at the gathering crowd of people. "CPR, anyone? Come on, hurry it up and get to it!"

Antonio looks around for something or someone that could help even as he begins to pull out his disposable phone and call 911. He explains the situation quickly, saying that he needs an ambulance at the college. He quickly assures the woman who picked up that this is not a prank call and that there is a girl whose heart has stopped and is about to die unless they get an ambulance as soon as possible. Then he hangs up the phone and says, his control fading and anger taking it's place, "Dammit people, she's not dead yet! Do any of you idiots know CPR?"
OOC
Scholarship 0, Mediocre + [roll0] =

Dextral
2012-05-04, 07:23 PM
Aiden was one step away from running as fast as he can away from the party when the impossible lightning bolt struck. He barely remembers screaming in terror when the deck collapsed.

He was strangely calm and lucid in the aftermath of the catastrophe. He kept going over what happened in his head. It looked like a bolt of lightning had come out nowhere on a clear night and struck a young college girl. But that couldn't have been what he witnessed. That was impossible. Lightning didn't behave that way. There was no clouds, nothing that could have caused this. What's more, she was surrounded by taller objects that should have taken taken the bolt for her. There was no logical way that this could have happened. Besides, he was pretty sure that he heard thunder before the lightning struck, and he knew that is was the other way around. He recalls vague memories of huddling in front of the window with his brothers, counting the seconds after a flash of lightning before they heard the crash of thunder.

One- thousand-one, one-thousand-two...

Aidan stifles the urge to giggle like a maniac. Slowly, he begins to become aware of his surroundings. His roommate Jonathon is passed out on the ground, Chiyoko kneeling beside him. A man he doesn't know is pushing students aside as he waves a gun in the air. A different man is screaming for someone to help the girl. He's asking for someone who to apply CPR. Someone should really help her, Aiden thinks. Surely there's someone here who knows CPR. A small voice in the back of his whispers, "You do you idiot. You know CPR." Without thinking, he rushes across the wreckage to the side of the girl. He starts doing chest compressions, trying to keep her blood circulation going until the EMT's arrive. Though be works with feverish energy, deep down, he knows it's pointless. She was dead the moment she was struck by the lightning. But that doesn't mean he has to give up.

horngeek
2012-05-04, 07:45 PM
Chiyoko does her best to help Zachary stand, looking at him flatly. "Half-deafened from the lightning hitting you and one of your guests."

She looks around. "Someone needs to call an ambulance, now!"

And I need to talk to Jonathan later... something feels wrong.

Wait, Jonathan!

The Japanese girl does her best to get Zachary sitting down, before hurrying over to Jonathan, concern in her eyes for her friend. She kneels beside him as he passes out, then gets out her phone, dialing 911. <Come on, pick up, pick up...>

A'den
2012-05-04, 09:14 PM
Peter looked down at the girl and the guys conducting CPR.

"She's probably dead, electrocution tends to cauterize the inside of your body at the two grounding points."

He calmed down a bit, he see the panic in some people's eyes and holstered his gun in the waist clip holster that snapped to his belt at his lower back that his loose blue and white plaid shirt had covered. He looked around he had a severe temptation to use his sight but he didn't really want to be too brain dead from whatever he saw to react to the danger that could be lurking around them. His eyes scanned rooftops, windows next door, and faces in the crowd.

Alertness: [roll0] +3

Zman
2012-05-05, 11:59 AM
The place is a disaster, panicked individuals have scattered in the light, only the injured and those brave enough and calm enough to handle a crisis have stayed. One is attempting CPR, others are on the phone with 911, others are taking charge. Barely two dozen people remain.

Remnants of the deck lay on the ground, maybe a half dozen with minor scrapes, a couple of moderate wounds, and one fatality.

Within a minute the sound of sirens can be heard, as an ambulance left the station not two blocks away, the police and others to follow shortly...

As soon as the sirens become audible, the man known as George takes off, as if he has something to hide from prying authorities.

A young Asian girl is standing over he sickened friend who just seen the things of nightmares all around him.

A veteran acts in instinct and attempts to take control of the mess around him.

The drunken house owner is just getting his bearings as he hears the sirens in the distance signaling a very long night in his future.

horngeek
2012-05-06, 09:08 AM
Once Chiyoko notices others are calling 911, she turns her attention back to Jonathan, checking his vitals, and muttering worriedly in Japanese. <Come on, Jonathan, wake up...>

Barbarian MD
2012-05-06, 05:25 PM
Jonathan groggily opens his eyes. "Wha hapu-?" he murmurs.

In his mind, he's quite sure he is dead. An angelic figure is before him, speaking in a language he diesn't understand.

He blinks his eyes.

Oh, it's just Chiyoko.". And he remembers. Everything. Instead of dry heaving, which is what he would really rather do, he shakily sits up.

A'den
2012-05-06, 05:33 PM
Peter 25

"This is gonna be a ****show." Peter said quietly to noone really as he stared hard at the twisted dead corpse of the girl. Funny she didn't really look any other dead body he had scene before. He was expecting more surface damage. Well there was that time PVT Jerom got killed by blast overpressure. Didn't find a mark on him except when he had tipped his head and gray green fluid and blood had poured out of his ears. Peter shook his head.

He checked his wallet for his concealed carry license, luckily Wisconsin had passed the law only last year before he moved here.

"Anyone see what happened? Lightening like that ain't natural." He glanced at Jonathan, "You alright slick?"
Alertness: [roll0] +3 Peter is still ultra paranoid and looking for anything sinister.

horngeek
2012-05-06, 05:54 PM
<Jonathan! Are you->

Chiyoko pauses. ...whoops.

Then starts talking again. "Jonathan, are you all right?"

Zman
2012-05-06, 06:53 PM
Paramedics were the first to arrive on scene, the police arrived about two minutes later.

The first paramedic, a gentle and tired looking man in late forties, relieved the young man vigorously performing CPR and proceeded to pronounce her dead, "You did everything you could son, she was dead before she hit the ground." He left him with a single comforting pat on the back, "Don't beat yourself up over it"

The other paramedics quickly started tending to the other wounded in order of severity, a couple of broken bones, some nasty cuts and scrapes, a couple of cases of shock, one even checked on Jonathan. "The shock will wear off in a second, happens to a lot of people when they see someone die. Just don't stand up too fast."

The first officer to arrive on scene, Sgt Lampert, a shorter fit looking man in his early forties with a slight receding hairline and hint of grey, took charge. Giving orders, directing the other officers, and telling people to stay calm he quickly surveyed the area to make sense of what had happened. Six separate 911 calls, all telling a different story, only one had mentioned a gunman, but you can never bee too careful. He proceeded forward cautiously assessing the situation.

Investigation(Good) + [roll0] +1 (Officer of the Law) = Average

As Officer Lampert rounded the corner of the house he walked into pure unbridled chaos and attempted to make sense of the scene before him. His gun wasn't drawn, but his holter was unfastened, just in case.

Zman
2012-05-06, 07:04 PM
Zachary

He hurt, and things were moving so fast around him. Twice he had to tell paramedics that he was fine. Your average person would have been in need of medical assistance, but Zachary had always been a bit tougher than average, and seemed to always heal really fast. Plus, with enough alcohol pain tends to be blended into the background. He had been playing football and competing in martial arts for over a decade and never had a single injury that lasted more than a day or two, and never anything he had to go to the doctor for.

He staggered twice nearly falling down, before he decided to take someone's advice and sat down leaning against the fence. His eyes closed, just listening to the chaos around him. It was all he had the energy to do.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-06, 07:25 PM
"Uh, yeah." Aside from being crazy. "I, uh, I just thought I saw something, is all."

He pointedly sits up facing away from the body and tries to clear his head, only speaking when the paramedic questions him. After another minute he stands up, and the body has been--thankfully--covered with a sheet.

Chiyoko and Aiden are standing nearby. "Who? Who was it? Do we know what happened? What happened to her?" She was torn to shreds by demonic hands. "Did you guys see what happened?"

horngeek
2012-05-06, 07:38 PM
Chiyoko frowns. "She got hit by lightning. Just before, I felt..."

She shivers, and hugs herself. "I had a feeling that something was wrong just before it happened. Felt it before, once."

A'den
2012-05-06, 08:25 PM
Peter paused a moment listening to the two kids talk to each other but the spoke softly and his hearing was bad already he didn't catch what they were saying. His gaze did a small double take on the petite Asian woman. He didn't recognize her until he placed a wooden sword in her hands. He took a few small steps over acutely aware of the police Sergeant that was strolled into the area.

"Uh, Chee-oh-coca, remember me?"

Peter spoke quietly half trying to introduce himself and half trying not to intrude on the boy and girl half trying to keep a low profile. Don't ask a man how he can have three halves. But the two of them had experienced that supernatural-**** before so he wanted to tap her thoughts.

Dextral
2012-05-06, 09:25 PM
Aidan could do nothing but nod his head numbly as the paramedic relieved him. The paramedic said that he had been dead the moment the lighting hit her. Presumably he said this in an attempt to absolve Aidan of any guilt about whether or not he had failed to save her. It didn’t make Aidan feel any better, but he appreciated the sentiment. He had done all he could, all that was expected of him. No one would blame him if he crawled into bed and did his best to put this night behind him. And yet…

What killed that girl wasn’t natural. Aidan knew this with an ironclad certainty. Most people would just write her death off as a freak accident and go on with their lives. Hell, he might have done that himself just last year. But he couldn’t do that now. He was perhaps the only person who witnessed her death who knew that the world was a much darker, more dangerous place than it appeared to be. He couldn’t just sit by and do nothing anymore. He had to find answers, for himself as well as the girl.

But that could wait for tomorrow. Now he was too drained to do much of anything but stumble into his bed and fall asleep. He walked over to where Jonathon and Chiyoko were standing next to a man he didn’t know. It took Aidan a second to realize he did know him. He had been the man waving a gun everywhere. Odd that he seemed to know Chiyoko. He nodded to Jonathon and Chiyoko as he approached, before turning towards the man he didn’t know. “Excuse me for asking, but do you always bring a gun to kegger parties?”

A'den
2012-05-06, 11:22 PM
Peter turned to the kid that approached, purple shirt, skinny jeans, he repressed the mental sigh his brain was doing.

"Better to have and not need than need and not have in my experience. Sorry didn't mean to scare you, loud bangs and flashes of blinding light just remind me of the things I've done."

Peter scratched the back of his head awkwardly, damn't kid now I've gotta say something or the police are going to be in my business 24/7.

"Probably should go speak to the cop before some drunk kid starts saying it was a crazy vet that gunned the girl down and blew the deck up to cover it up."

He grinned then immediately felt stupid, it was like all his usual jokes that cracked the ol'e boys up were completely not funny anymore. Peter walked away and approached the officer.

"Hey, my name's Peter Freeman, Sergeant..." Peter paused and his eyes glanced at the Officer's badge, "Lampert. When I herd the lightening I thought it was an explosion and pulled my, legally registered firearm, to check out the scene. Might of scared some of the kids. Wasn't much I could do unfortunately lightening looked to kill the girl on the spot."

horngeek
2012-05-06, 11:29 PM
Chiyoko nods to Peter. "Hi, Peter.

And it's Chi-yo-ko."

The correction and greeting are delivered absently, Chiyoko's attention focused on Jonathan.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-07, 06:24 AM
Jonathan seems to be steadily improving, becoming quicker with his responses, though he still has a faraway look in his eyes.

When she says "lightning," however, he immediately reacts, and written on his face for a brief moment is disbelief and...disappointment. "Lightning?" Hands. "That's what you saw?" Tell me you saw hands. No, don't tell me that!

He turns to his roommate: "Was that what you saw, too? Are you sure it was lightning?" It wasn't lightning. No, I'm going crazy.

He takes a closer look at Aiden, squinting at something. And you were there, and you were there. Oh, there's no place like home.

His mind is spinning into gear, and he suddenly turns back to Chiyoko: "What did you say about before the lightning?"

Zman
2012-05-07, 07:30 AM
Sgt Lampert turns to address the young man who is approaching him.

"Peter, is it? We did have reports of a gun. Thank you for coming to me with this, it's always a bit nerve wracking getting reports like that. Especially with a fatality on scene." Lampert continues to eye him warily.

"I'll need to check the firearm, and your concealed carry permit with a valid ID." As soon as he is handed the weapon he checks the safety and chamber. "Can you tell me why you reactedby pulling a weapon... Staff Seargent?". he falters for a second, looking at Peter with a hint of understanding, "How long have you been back Seargent?"

After a bit more relaxed conversation Officer Lampert hands Peters weapon back, "I'd be careful when you are out drinking, mistakes happen. Stick to the bars and leave your weapon in your trunk."

Officer Lampert moves on to the next person in need of his attention, a hefty officer in his 50s.

horngeek
2012-05-07, 07:40 AM
"It felt... like malice.

Chiyoko frowns. "I don't like talking about the last time I felt something like this. Not in public, anyway. Can we go over this later, please?"

Zman
2012-05-07, 07:44 AM
Zachary

To someone and no one at the same time, "Heh, I'm kinda sure it wass... lightning... Blew me clear into da fence.". Picking up the piece of broken fence, Zachary stands and tries to stick the foot long spike of fence back where his back had cracked it off with no avail, eventually giving up.

A Fair Awareness check will allow anyone in the immediate area to see at Zachary's shirt was ripped and he wasn't bleeding.

A Fair Investigation will show that there was no obvious weakness in the wood and it must have taken a large amount of force to break off.

Turning around and looking directly at Aiden squinting heavily, "Hey, I know you"

Dextral
2012-05-07, 08:30 AM
Aiden was about to ask Chiyoko how she knew Peter when they started talking about the wrongness of the lightning bolt. He was considering telling them his own suspicions when a familiar face called out to him. It took Aiden a second to place him, then it hit him like a truck. Fighting for his life against those crazed bikers. Zachary swooping to his rescue. One very uncomfortable car ride. As of this night couldn't get any stranger.

"Umm...hey. Fancy seeing you here." The normally shameless Aidan was blushing slightly and staring awkwardly at the ground. He did not want to have to try and explain the why he was running naked through the woods pursued by a horde of angry bikers. Again.

A'den
2012-05-07, 12:26 PM
"Not anymore." Wow the cops are well informed or this is a small town. Ran through Peter's thoughts he hardly believed he was the first post war vet to find a quiet place. He dropped the mag and as he pulled the weapon from his holster and cleared it then handed it to the officer to check out with his papers.

"Uh its almost been a year now, just Peter or Mr. Freeman is fine." He received the pistol and his papers back from the officer and holstered the firearm. He grinned a bit his red sodo cup had been filled with water most of the time, after all this wasn't really his crowd and he wasn't here to party. He was here to hunt.

"I will Sergeant Lampert, thanks for the advice." Peter waved as the man moved off. He walked back over to the group around Chiyoko. He wasn't sure who exactly was in the know but he knew she was at least and waited quietly while the others spoke for an opportunity to see what anyone else knew. He scanned the dispersed crowd one more time looking at faces while the others chatted.

Investigation: Looking for subject of interest aforementioned in previous PMs Zman, also anything else suspicious while slightly eavesdropping on the others' conversations. [roll0]

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 06:14 AM
Jonathannods his head to Chiyoko.

"Yeah... Later."

horngeek
2012-05-08, 06:16 AM
Chiyoko nods. "Do you want to go to the hospital? You did look pretty out of it earlier..."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 06:32 AM
"No. I'm... okay. Let's go somewhere we can talk. And Aiden, I'm sorry, man. I saw you doing CPR. Are you okay?"

He turns to Zach. "I'm sorry about the girl. Did you know her? You want to get out of here? I'll buy you a cup of coffee or something."

Zman
2012-05-08, 06:45 AM
Zachary

Looks at Jonathan with a helpless grin, " Oh I'd like to get out of here, but judging by the looks I'm getting from those officers, I'm not going anywhere for a while. A long while."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 06:49 AM
"Yeah, that makes sense." He shakes his to clear the last of the fuzzies away. "Listen, That was weird. Can I call you sometime in the next couple of days?" he offers his own dorm phone number.

Zman
2012-05-08, 07:07 AM
Zachary

"Sure, you'll probably be the only person interested in talking to me after this little deboccle.". Another little laugh at his misfortune. He notices the officers are making their rounds over towards them.

"This should be fun..."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 09:06 AM
Jonathan makes an attempt at a little humor on this dark night

"Well, I had been hoping to get a phone number tonight. Never really thought of you as my type."

Zman
2012-05-08, 09:21 AM
Zachary

Chuckling, " Me either, me either," he offers Jonathan his hand, " Zach"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 12:58 PM
"Jonathan."

horngeek
2012-05-08, 04:23 PM
"And I'm Chiyoko Hayashi."

Zman
2012-05-08, 05:25 PM
"Nice to meet you...I see you two know Aiden?"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-08, 07:03 PM
"Roommates. How do you guys know each other?"

Evil grin

Zman
2012-05-08, 09:50 PM
Zachary

"oh, I'm not nearly drunk enough to tell that story...especially this close to authorities..."

Zman
2012-05-08, 10:01 PM
With the wounded tended to, the paramedics departed the remnants of the party. The police stayed around waiting for the coroner to finish their grisly task.

After a few conversations and questions the authorities took down everyone's names and let them go...with the exclusion of Zachary, they had a few more questions for him. A house party which illegally served minors, an accidental death, someone had to take the blame, and he was their scapegoat.

Chiyoko, Jonathan, and Aiden started off towards the dorms. Peter started off toward his apartment, walking with the unusual trio as far as they could together.

Four unique and special people found themselves walking along the cool and quiet streets, listening to the quiet sounds of the city in the background...

horngeek
2012-05-08, 11:05 PM
Chiyoko breathes out as they walk. "All right, time for that story.

Four years ago, I was kidnapped while I was in Madison. Along with a few other teenagers- five of us in total."

She waits a bit to get the obligatory expressions of shock out of the way.

Dextral
2012-05-09, 01:00 AM
Aidan did a swift double take at Chiyoko's confession, but recovered quickly. Hardly the most surprising thing that happened this evening. He waited politely for Chiyoko to finish her story.

horngeek
2012-05-09, 01:41 AM
"The kidnapper- a woman- was preparing... something. I don't know exactly what. I spent most of the time bound and gagged in one of the rooms. All I know is she had a ritual circle of some kind. But... I kept having this feeling of... I don't know what the right word is in my own language, much less in English. Malice, maybe?

I had the exact same feeling just before the lightning strike. Might just be a coincidence... but I feel like it isn't."

Chiyoko grimaces. "Not much to go on."

A'den
2012-05-09, 05:47 AM
"Strong survival instincts." Peter said quietly.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-09, 08:37 AM
Jonathan is shocked, but with the night he's been having, it's surprisingly muted.

Concern for his friend override more immediate concerns about the feeling of malice. "What happened? How'd you get away?"

horngeek
2012-05-09, 09:01 AM
Chiyoko smiles. "Rescued by two men. One European man with a grey cloak and a beard, and a kind Japanese man with glasses. Never found out their names..."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-09, 10:27 AM
"Holy crap. I had no idea that had happened."

Realization dawns on him. Concern for his friend had almost made him miss the second half of her story. In fact, he stops walking and is left behind by the others a step or two.

"Wait. Did you say "malice?" Just prior to the lightning?

A'den
2012-05-09, 11:04 AM
"You were rescued by two other men, total strangers, not the cops, SWAT, or a damn sheriff? Huh." Peter sounded slightly incredulous but really it was pretty rare, a good Samaritan much less two rescued from something as brutal as a kidnapper.

"What happened to the kidnapper?" He followed his questions after Jonathan's his interest piqued.

horngeek
2012-05-09, 04:37 PM
"...yep. Malice.

Did you... 'see' something?"

She turns her head towards Peter. "I'm not sure. I heard fighting, and at least one small explosion, but I never saw a body or anything. They dropped us off at the nearest church afterwards, and the Father there took care of getting us back to our families."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-09, 05:00 PM
"I did."

He looks nervously at Peter, and then does a quick 360 of the whole block, ensuring that no one is there. Even then he speaks in barely a whisper, awkwardly looking back and forth between his friend and his roommate, not meeting their eyes. His words are slow at first, but he begins to pick up speed with the telling.

"You guys are going to think I'm crazy. Heck, I think I'm crazy. I felt malice, just like you talked about. It gave me a headache--there was this almost visceral feeling of darkness and hatred. And then, the lightning..."

His voice is a whisper. A horrified whisper. "It wasn't lightning. I saw... Spirits, or wraiths, or demons, or something. And they reached out from this whirlwind of hate and... they... they ripped her to shreds." The memory is enough to make him want to dry heave, and he stops for a moments, his face pale again and tears welling up in his eyes.

He looks away, and stares off for a moment, then back to Chiyoko and Aiden. "And I saw something else, too. People were different, for a minute there. Glowing colors and weird shapes and some were pretty grotesque. And there was something that looked like a demon from a fairy tale standing with the people.

"And you guys were different, too." He's hesitant to continue, and instead starts walking along their path.

A'den
2012-05-09, 06:06 PM
Peter looked at Jonathan with a totally blank look on his face. His jaw worked for a moment and he finally was able to get some words out.

"Uh... Well you're not crazy, or we're both close to same crazy." Peter paused for a moment he appeared to be chewing on something in his thoughts. "I used to be in the Army, when I was in Afghanistan sometimes I'd see things. Things I'd should never been able to see, people hiding in utter darkness or behind rocks, traps, etc. And I saw other people differently. It's kinda why I'm not in the Army anymore. I didn't see what you talked about tonight but I kinda have control over when I want to use it now. Only way I'm not a gibbering psychopath, I still remember seeing things those from deployment as if they happened yesterday. Whatever you saw try not to think about it too much, you'll remember every detail every time you imagine it."

Peter paused again seeming to have exhausted his daily quota of words in one sentence. "So... uh... yeah, hopefully were not crazy."

Lore [roll0]: The Sight

Barbarian MD
2012-05-09, 09:02 PM
Jonathan had been deliberately looking at the stranger while telling his friends that he was crazy. Now he looked at him.

"But how is that even possible?" he demanded. "It doesn't make any sense."

A'den
2012-05-09, 09:19 PM
"Don't need a physics degree to know that pulling the pin on a grenade will activate the cocked striker." Peter shrugged he didn't understand it anymore than Jonathan. "Just gotta accept what is sometimes. Seen some strange **** sometimes, like the night I met Chee-oh-koo."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-09, 09:43 PM
"Why was I able to see it, then? Why not Chiyoko, or Aiden, or anyone else in that room?"

horngeek
2012-05-10, 12:37 AM
Chiyoko looks at her friend. "Maybe He decided to give us different gifts instead."

Zman
2012-05-10, 08:13 AM
After exiting the party, the unlikely group walked towards campus on the abandoned streets. After a couple of blocks the less well lit side streets cropped up every so often...

Go ahead any finish any important dialog before this happens please.

Everyone make an awareness check.
Average yields a dog barking in the distance.
Fair yields a dog reverently barking in distress followed by a whelp.
Good yields the general direction.
Great will pinpoint the side street.
Supurb yields the breed of dog.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-10, 08:47 AM
"Different gifts? Let's see... 'utterance of wisdom, utterance of knowledge, faith, teaching, prophecy, mercy... and bizarro-vision?' Yeah, it's a little out there compared to your 'gifts.'"

Also in the list from 1 Cor., "distinguishing between spirits." but he's forgetting that one right now. Feel free to chime in at some point IC if you see a good opening. :smallbiggrin:

Dextral
2012-05-10, 09:34 AM
Aidan couldn't help but feel a little guilty when everyone was swapping their stories about their encounters with the supernatural, but he didn't feel he was ready to tell them his. It was one thing to witness weird and impossible things, but quite another to be one of those things yourself. But he could at least confirm that he didn't think they were certifiable or anything. "For what it's worth, I don't think you guys are crazy. I mean, I've seen some pretty crazy stuff myself, so if you are, you know, crazy at least you're in good company." He waited a minute before continuing, "For the sake of curiosity, what did we look like with your different..." He struggled a minute to come up with a word. "Perspective. I mean, I didn't have tentacles or anything coming from awkward places did, I?"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-10, 09:47 AM
"Well, Chiyoko looked pretty normal. She was wearing a white kimono and was kind of glow-y.

"You were a little weirder, though. You didn't have any tentacles or anything, but you did look like a cougar, or something. I'm not too sure how to tell the difference between big cats... See? Crazy! I'm going nuts."

He shakes his head and keeps walking.

horngeek
2012-05-10, 03:37 PM
Chiyoko blinks. "Huh. That's... interesting. And glowing isn't exactly what I'd call normal..."

She grins at Jonathan. "In any case... I dunno. A couple of times, I've felt like I've almost been guided to where I was needed. When I met Peter, in particular."

She looks around as she says this. "Does anyone else hear the barking dog?

...and it sounds like it's in trouble. This way!"

Awareness roll!

[roll0] +1

Result of Good.

Zman
2012-05-11, 07:59 AM
Just as the conversation took a turn for the supernatural a dog can be heard barking off to the east. Chiyoko Murmers, "It sounds like its in trouble..." and takes off in a certain direction as if she knew where the barking had come from. Running quickly for such a small girl, she crosses the street and turns on a ominously dark side street a block ahead. it seems to be a mighty convenient way to avoid the conversation.

Lost in conversation, the other three companions keep discussing their run in and history with the supernatural. Long moments pass before they glance in the direction Chiyoko went, expecting her return. Until...

Chiyoko has accepted a compel. She has run off to help a dog. The group will the hear a faint scream, and large thud.

You can make an athletics roll to see who gets there first. Chiyoko will have the scenario up until that point RPed out. And well go from your arrival. Feel free to IC some mor conversation, maybe a response from everyone, then I will post he scream and you can all react and spring to the rescue. I will be PMing her the details and Chiyoko will make a nice post describing the situation from her perspective, then we will go from there.

Dextral
2012-05-11, 09:41 AM
At Jonathon's mention Aidan laughed sharply, just a little to loudly than what was natural for the situation. He stared at the ground in silence until Chiyoko ran ahead.

"I don't think that's a very good idea-no, Chiyoko, wait!" Running into dark alleyways to the aid of distressed canines is rarely a good idea on most nights, let alone this one. This could only lead to good things. Aidan gave an exasperated sight before turning to Jonathon. "She do this kind of thing often? "

horngeek
2012-05-11, 09:42 AM
Chiyoko

Chiyoko runs down the street, turning down one of the alleys, before seeing the dog she had heard, lying on the side of the road and slowly bleeding out. As she starts to move towards it, however, she sees two men next to an old-looking jeep, the paint starting to flake off it. How old does a car have to be for that to happen, anyway?

Then the notices other details. The leather shoe, lying on the ground. A puddle of blood, placed in the wrong spot for it to be the dog's. The fact that one of the men has a knife sticking in their side.

And the undeniable feeling of wrongness. Then, one of the men speaks. "Ah, and here comes dessert..."

Both men rush her, although the one with the knife sticking in him holds back a bit. Chiyoko, alerted at the last minute by the feeling, manages to dodge the first blow, deflect the second, and then strikes back, causing a cracking sound as the man's fingers dislocate. "Argh! You..."

Then he changes, becoming some kind of hunch-shouldered, grey-skinned fiend that reminded Chiyoko of some of the monsters from the cartoons of her homeland. This catches the young Japanese girl off-guard just long enough for the thing to catch her a solid blow, knocking her against the van to her left. Chiyoko slumps down, noticing that the man... thing... with the knife in him has a roll of duct tape in his hands. As she eyes close, she hears the sound of fingers popping back into their sockets, then the sound of duct tape being pulled from the rolll. The last thing Chiyoko knows as she slips into unconsiousness is her arms being roughly pulled behind her back...

Chiyoko comes out of the whole affair with a Bruised Head mild consequence, and 5 Fate Points.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-11, 10:09 AM
"Chiyoko, not tonight!" he calls, and starts after her. Running is not his forte, though, and she quickly gets ahead of him and out of sight.

[roll0]

A'den
2012-05-11, 01:41 PM
That didn't sound good." Peter draws his sidearm and pulled the slide back popping a round into the chamber before taking off after the rest of them and quickly catching up. Years of running and getting the piss smoked out of him from high impact and high intensity physical training had left their mark on him. His eyes scanned the dark nooks and crannies of the street and the alley as he approached.

Alertness: [roll0] +2 To maintain situational awareness as he rushes toward the scene and try to not get ambushed.

Athletics: [roll1] +1: Sprint Action

Endurance: [roll2] +3 If it takes more than one Action to get into Chiyoko's zone then to sustain the sprint into the next action (Long Term Physical Activity / Stamina

Zman
2012-05-11, 02:20 PM
Chiyoko took off after the dog she heard, surprising fast for someone so small. After a few seconds of disbelief, both Aiden and Jonathan began to run after her. Neither of them were particular skilled runners but, Jonathan raced down the dark street faster than Aiden could keep up.

Calm and collected Peter drew his Glock 27, chambered a round, and started off with the fast and steady stride of someone used to hard running. He could make this run in full gear, not being weighted down by a pack Peter could maintain this pace for longer than he'd need to. Though he was the last to start running, he was the first to round the bend, leaving the dark street for one that was even darker. Then he heard a thump, a high pitched scream, and Peter never lessened his pace. Guessing her direction he took the first right onto an even less traveled road, with Jonathan maybe 80 yards behind him and falling back fast. Peter was almost around the second bend when his glance back showed Aiden finally rounding the first corner, his fashionably tight jeans doing a number on his economy of movement.

Rounding the corner, about 70 yards down the road were two men in nondescript clothing standing next to a jeep, one glanced over though their backs were mostly turned. A dog lie dead in the road with no sign of Chiyoko in sight. She must have cut access a yard to have arrived here sooner, or taken a different route. And why happened to her? Jonathan's breathing could be heard laboring heavily behind him.

Investigation roll modified by awareness please to determine the state of the scene.
Average yields the shoe.
Fair the blood. Or the guy holding duct tape.
Good a wound in one guy.
Great a whimper.

Two zones. Starting at the opposite end, relatively open. A few trash bins by the sides of the road. No lights on in any of the near by houses.

Other has the guys, the jeep, and on the opposite side of the street the other car.

A'den
2012-05-11, 02:36 PM
Peter slowed his pace to a relaxed approach he placed each foot carefully watching for scree and gravel he got a better look at the men. His brain stored away the dead dog and conducted an analysis of the scene while he approached the two men. Chi had gone to help the dog, down this alley, the possible dog in question is dead, no Chi, two plain clothes men somewhat odd to be down here at night but not entirely out of character. Solution, observe, subdue, and interrogate.

He held the pistol at the high ready as his eyes looked for the details. If one of the farted wrong Peter would and could easily shoot them dead.

Stealth: [roll0] +2 Get the drop on the two men.

Investigation: Analyze the scene and soak in any details as closed the distance with the two men.

A'den
2012-05-11, 03:18 PM
Peter's eyes adjusted to the darkness his brain flexing as it struggled to not drown in the adrenaline that was starting to flood in Peter's mind. The two men had not noticed him yet. Something glistened in the stars' faint light and Peter noticed the blood but the splatter and pooling was not correct to come from the dog. Something else moved and Peter saw the duct tape in the one of them hands, a roll of it.

At this moment most normal people would of called out and asked the men what they were doing. Peter had once shot a man for walking by the side of the road with a shovel over his shoulder because of the possibility of a threat. See a Soldier becomes brain-****ed trying to integrate with normal society because war taught him to kill. A Police Officer faces many of the same dangerous environments and people as a Soldier, but the Soldier was taught, trained, and told it was okay to kill a fellow human being, not only that but to do it the fastest, most effective ways possible. The war had changed a bit from those days but Peter was a product of those younger years of warfare.

The duct tape explained Chiyoko's silence. The blood and shoe said there might be someone else in need of help. The dog was dead to silence it. Two men out late at night on a weekend and they weren't even drunk, working quietly next to the door of a jeep. In Peter's mind they were hostile.

The night sight peeps snapped to the back of the head of the man holding the duct tape standing on the right side. The Glock did have a safety to thumb off or give Peter's position away with a click. He fired three quick successive shots at the man.

Guns:[roll0] +3 Using a fate point to declare and apply IN MY SIGHTS tag for the attack, +2 bonus for the Tag and a +2 from my Stunt Lethal Marksmanship, total +7.

Peter's actions may be characteristic of someone with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder so if he needs to take a Consequence because of the morality of this action then I would like it to be that.

Zman
2012-05-11, 10:04 PM
Peter gets a precombat attack.

Initiative order:
7 Cougar*
3 Ghoul
3 Ghoul
2 Peter
1 Jonathan
1 Chiyoko
1 Aiden
1 Zachary

Aiden will arrive round two due to the skinny jeans...err bad rolling...really bad rolling...

Let's try and post in initiative order if we can, I'll summarize combat as we go.

Peter rounding the last corner closes on two men standing near a jeep. Melting into the shadows he makes a quick assessment of the situation, and determines that lethal force is necessary. He takes quick aim, ripping off three rounds at the back of the first mans head. Though beyond the effective range of his Glock 27, his aim is true. The fist round hits just southeast of his targets head, ripping through the mans shoulder spinning him in place as the bullet smashed his shoulder blade. The second round grazes his his neck dazing him. The third is just off it's mark and collides with the side of the jeep.

7 Shift attack + Weapon 2 vs Mediocre = 9 Stress. Minor Consequence(Grazed and Dazed) Moderate Consequence(Bum Arm)

Both men turn a feral gaze upon the shooter. The wounded one does what it can to take cover behind the door of the jeep and assess the situation licking his wounds.

Athletics(Great) + [roll0] -1(Healing Min Con Supplemental action) vs Mediocre to tag the JEEP for defense.

The second turns its ravenous attention upon the shooter closing the distance, his features turning grotesque as he approached. His gaping maw glints with razor sharp teeth. Though too gorged to move swiftly, he's more than willing to keep gorging on this humans flesh.

Supplemental action close the gap
Fists(Great) + [roll1] -1(Supplemental action) = Fair attack Weapons 3

Ghoul 1 OOXO Moderate Consequence(Bum Arm) Used both It's Nothing

Ghoul 2 OOOO Used one It's Nothing

horngeek
2012-05-11, 10:36 PM
Chiyoko groans, opening her eyes as she lies on her side. Urhg.... why is everything so blurry?

Disoriented, she tries to rub her eyes, before discovering... Urgh... can't move my arms either...

She rolls onto her belly, still disoriented from the bruise on the side of her head.

Consequences: Bruised Head
Fate Points: 3 Refresh, 4 Current

A'den
2012-05-11, 11:27 PM
Peter blinked as he watched the other man turn and come at him, the man's jaws literally distended like a large python. The thing completely disregarded its buddy who wasn't dead and came at Peter.

"****, hurry up back there!" Dropping his arm and fired three shots at the thing's legs as it came at him.

Maneuver: Guns: [roll0] +3 Trying to buy Peter some space by tripping it with the kinetic force of the bullets.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-12, 11:12 AM
Jonathan is startled by the shots but doesn't slow down. He cn make out the newcomer Peter shooting at two men, and figures he'd best leave the fighting to the others. Instead he looks frantically for Chiyoko, running down the side of the alley.

[roll0]
Investigation +2/Alertness +1

Just sort of a skeleton post right now. Running past Peter along the side, trying to find Chiyoko while staying out of the way. Roll as necessary for me. Fate point if I can't find her (maybe use Knowledge is Power to identify where they put her if necessary?)

Zman
2012-05-12, 12:45 PM
As the ghoul closes the distance and swipes at Peter, he manages to narrowly evade its fingers, which have turned into razor sharp claws. With a couple of barks from his pistol Peter is able to scatter pavement at the ghouls feel throwing it OFF BALANCE. This gives Peter the space he needs to get between the Ghoul and Jonathan who attempts to run to the jeep, unaware of the Ghoul there.
Ghoul is OFF BALAMCE, and Peter has now entered the Jeep Zone.
I will post Zach in a while who is entering the Jeep Sone to grapple the wounded ghoul.

The I will need to know if Aiden has transformed and is entering to act first, or if he is entering the scene as a human.

A'den
2012-05-12, 02:54 PM
"There's another one down there!" Peter shouted a short warning as he ducked the judo chops the creature was throwing at him.

Dextral
2012-05-12, 03:07 PM
Aidan ran forward, more than a little embarrassed at how easily he was being overtaken by the other two men. He was really beginning to regret wearing these damn skinny jeans. Jonathon had jus followed Peter around the side street when three loud shots echoed from where they had just disappeared too. He froze, his heart beating like a hammer. What had just been perhaps irrational fear crystallized into a state of pure terror. Question raced through his mind as he ran through the dark night, Did Peter fire the shots, or did someone else? If it was Peter who fired the shots, whom was he shooting at? Just what would he find when he turned the corner. The image of his friends lying on the ground dead, just like the girl at the part, flashed through his mind. He had been powerless to help he then. A grim smile crept across his face. He wasn’t powerless now.

He slowed down just enough to shed his clothing, reaching into the part of himself that he pretended wasn’t there. His body transformed, human features giving way to those of a powerful mountain lion. His senses sharpened as he the night lit up around him. Those first few seconds after transformation were always exhilarating, as he became adjusted to his new form. He kept running; his feline body able to move at speeds unreachable by any ordinary human. He turned into the street, moving stealthily through the shadows, trying to find the best place to strike at whatever he determined was his prey.

[roll0] +3 Alertness to take in the scene
[roll1] +2 To sneak up on the ghouls

Zman
2012-05-12, 05:10 PM
Zachary

After a thoroughly unpleasant conversation with the authorities which yielded the sickening feeling of being scapegoated, Zachary decided they could screw themselves and that he needed a walk.

A football player throws a party and the cops come, nothing happens.
A football player throws a party and a girl dies, the **** hits the fan, and the football player gets the splatter

So, Zachary just walked with no real direction, until he heard the scream. Don't ask him how, but he knew. Someone needed his help. Zachary took off in the direction of the scream, running quickly down the dark streets. When he heard the first set of gunshots he picked up his pace even more.

Athletics(Good) + [roll0] = Mediocre
Endurance(Good) + [roll1] = Fantastic

Upon surveying the scene...

Awareness(Average) + [roll2] = Average

Seeing the hideous creature take a couple of rounds, only getting more furious, and being that close to the helpless girl....

Don't think, Act...

Zachary never slowed down as he came from behind the creatures side of the Jeep, he just got close a and threw his best tackle he could manage. Given the situation it wasn't his best, but he had thrown far worse in his life. Caught unaware the ghoul took the blow, the Jeeps door ripping off the hinges as the two of them bounced on the cold hard pavement.

Grapple(Tagged Bum Arm for Opportnity): Might(Fair +1) + [roll3] + 2 Act First, Think Later(Powered by Chiyoko's Reverse Guide My Hand) = Superb Grapple attempt

OOO(OX) Moderate Consequence CRACKED RIBS 1 Fate Point

Zman
2012-05-12, 05:30 PM
Wounded Ghoul
After taking cover from the man that sending lead his way the ghoul barely had a chance to notice the man coming from the side, and even less time to avoid the flying tackle from another man which landed with enough force to wreck the hinge on the door he was using for cover.

With bestial ravenous fury the ghoul attempted to regain the upper hand by choking the life out of his assailant. But the attacker was as strong as he, and possessed two good arms powered by the momentum on a lengthy sprint. Both tussled on the ground, the ghoul ended up on the bottom, held firm...for now...

OOXO Mod Consequence(Bum Arm) Used both It's Nothing

Alertness(Good) + [roll0] = Great vs Great Stealth(He is aware of Aiden, but is not able to do anything about it)
Grapple(Fair +1) -3(See roll in OOC) = Mediocre vs Superb Grapple

Dancing Ghoul
The man instead of facing him head on dodges his first swipe sending rounds at the Ghouls feet which forced him off balance. Recovering swiftly the ghoul closed the gap and viciously lunges at him again. An insatiable bestial hunger powering his every move.

Still OFF BALANCE
OOOO No Consequences One It's Nothing Remaining

Alertness(Good) + [roll1] = vs Great Stealth (Currently Oblivious to Aiden, 3 shifts to Aiden to remain hidden)

Fists(Great) + [roll2] -1 (Supplemental action to move zones)) = Good

A'den
2012-05-12, 05:48 PM
Peter danced with the attacking creature using every combat skill to dodge and weave around the claws it attacked him with, it looked like the thing and kitchen knives growing out its fingers. It wasn't so much a brawl as a dance each of them trying to anticipate the others movement and counter it. The claws whispered past his face and the tip almost caught his collar bone, they were close enough they Peter could almost feel that vile touch but he managed to dodge just quick enough to avoid any fatal contact. At point blank range Peter just pulled the damn trigger hoping the slugs might buy him a moment.

Defense: FISTS [roll0] +3 Peter uses the pistol's barrel to parry the claws.
Attack GUNS [roll1] +3 Just trying to cause as much damage as possible.

Zman
2012-05-12, 06:12 PM
Dancing Ghoul

The clumsy unrestrained fury of the ghoul's attack allowed its prey an opportunity to evade the razor sharp claws by mere hairs breadth. Only response the ghoul got was a couple of more rounds at point blank range. One shot hit in the fray, but is ripped a hole in the ghoul's thigh barely phasing the monster.

Athletics(Great) + [roll0] = Average vs the Weapons 2 Fair Attack
Yields 3 Stress

OOXO One Its Nothing Remaining.

Zman
2012-05-12, 06:35 PM
Jonathan

Running frantically and trying to take it all in. The man he had just met was in a gun fight with a monster. A true to God monster.

As he neared the old army Jeep he heard Peter warn him that there was another monster hiding there. He didn't see it until Zachary came out of no where to tackle the hideous thing.

With more thoughts than he could handle, he quickly made it to the Jeep and saw the form of his friend laying in the back, bound by duct tape. He frantically pulled and tried to free his incoherent friend.

Might(Mediocre) + [roll0] + 1(Either Discipline to keep a cool head or Scholarship to remove the duct tape in the most logical way) = vs DC of Fair. Missed by one, means he will have her free by the end of next round.

I posted for his character as he said he wasn't going to be around much with his Graduation. If he disagrees with anything I've done, we'll find a way to rectify it to everyone's satisfaction.

Zachary

After taking the nasty to the ground, it went for his throat offering Zachary the opportunity to grab it's arm, reverse to its back and squeeze the life out of it with everything he had.

It looks alive enough, bet it has to breath

Supplemental action to deal 2 Stress
Grapple(Fair +1) + [roll1] -1(Supplemental Action) to Maintain the Grapple

Wounded Ghoul OXXO Moderate Consequence(Bum Arm) Both Its Nothings Used

horngeek
2012-05-12, 11:03 PM
As Jonathan opened up the back of the truck, Chiyoko looked up at him, olive eyes focusing on her friend. Her long, black hair had been pulled loose from the headband she had had on at some point in the struggle, and lay loose over the floor of the truck and her body, not quite concealing a newly-formed bruise on the left side of her head. She frowned once she realized she was bound, and winced a little. The ghouls hadn't been particularly interested in making her comfortable, wrapping tape tightly around her arms all up to her elbows, and around her legs up to her knees. Chiyoko was momentarily thankful for her grey hoodie and blue jeans- duct tape hurt coming off bare skin. Then, she thought for a second, before trying to shift her legs closer to Jonathan. "Get my legs free first, and we can get some breathing room from these things before you free my arms."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-12, 11:22 PM
Jonathan nods furiously, hands still responding to his commands for now--the real shakes will come after. "Good idea." He uses his keys to help cut the tape.

Perfect. Thanks for taking care of my action for me. Graduation done, family seen off, and going away party complete. Now we just have to box up our house! Should be able to respond to further posts within an hour or two aside from when i'm sleeping (which is now).

Zman
2012-05-13, 06:01 PM
Aiden

Stalking in the shadows, Aiden now in Cougar for waits quietly, his muscles tensed. With the sound of Peter's pistol clicking empty, he gets ready to make his move. Waiting for just the right moment to pounce. If he can time it just right he can buy Peter some vital time to regroup.

Block: Fists(Good) + [roll0] + 2(Tagged Hidden) = Epic!

Zman
2012-05-13, 06:11 PM
Wounded Ghoul

Seeing a man in a red sweater attempting to free his dessert, the wounded ghoul howls in anger and attempts to close the distance while trying kill or just get Zachary off of his back. A deadly slash leaves deep gouges across Zach's Shoulder, then a body slam into the Jeep breaks his grasp and the ghoul is free to defend his next meal.

Fists(Great) + [roll0] = Superb vs Good(Grapple) Yields 2 Stress Weapons 3 hit.

Zachary takes the slashed shoulder minor consequence and a three stress hit.

Zachary OOX(OX) Minor: Slashed Shoulder Moderate: Cracked Ribs

Dancing Ghoul

After failing to draw blood yet again and receiving even more pain for its action the ghoul redoubles its efforts to kill the man in front of him. If it heard Peter's gun click empty, it made no discernible difference. As is closed on Peter a blur of tanish brown streaked from the shadows and struck the ghoul spinning it forcing its attack to miss by a wide margin. The ghoul howled in anger as a nimble cougar had entered the fray.

Fists(Great) + [roll1] = Good vs Epic Block = no Damage
No need for a defense roll from Peter as Aiden's block saves him the trouble.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-14, 07:25 AM
Jonathan continues to stay focused, working quickly to free Chiyoko.

"As soon as your legs are free, we need to get out of here. Come on.". He helps her down from the truck.

I'll need some sort of roll for something before this turn is over, I imagine.

[roll0]

horngeek
2012-05-14, 07:36 AM
"Okay."

She accepts the help without complaint, his hands on her waist helping her to get down without much difficulty. "...heh. Just figured out what He gave you. Tell you-"

Then she notices the Ghoul. "Jonathan, look out!"

Zman
2012-05-14, 03:24 PM
Peter

As his Glock clicked empty, Peter had already began to reach for his knife. A flash of brown shot for his left and struck the creature mid swing, before even his quick reflexes had began to get clear of the attack. A cougar. A damned cougar just saved him.

Not floundering for an instant, Peter continued to draw hid knife. A swift kick aimed to force the ghoul into protecting against multiple attackers.

Maneuver(Multiple Fronts): Fists(Good) + [roll0] -1 Supplemental action(Drew Knife) =

Zman
2012-05-14, 03:27 PM
Dancing Ghoul

His attacker capitalized on the distraction, forcing the ghoul to fight both an enemy to his front and his rear. Drawing a knife the attacker repeatedly feinted,forcing the ghoul into a compromising position.

Fists(Great) + [roll0] = vs Superb

FIGHTING ON MULTIPLE FRONTS is good for one extra exchange and can be tagged once.

Zman
2012-05-14, 06:35 PM
Zachary

Reeling from his raked shoulder Zachary rolls away from the ghoul, taking his feet in a defensive manor.

****, this hurts. I'm bleeding...bad

Without realizing what he was doing he started closing out the pain, not by ignoring it, but focusing on it. All while keeping himself alert to both of the raging monsters.

Full Defense action with a -1 Supplemental action to those defense rolls for Shrugging off his Minor Consequence.

Zachary
OOX(OX) Moderate: Cracked Ribs

Dextral
2012-05-14, 10:25 PM
Aidan circled his opponent wearily. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't human. He couldn't afford to underestimate it. He couldn't hold back. He struck swiftly, lunging at the creature sharp fangs aiming for it's neck.

[roll0] +3 Weapon 2 attack

Zman
2012-05-15, 06:37 AM
Wounded Ghoul

With a vicious snarl at the man takinging his next meal away the Ghoul coiled, taking a tremendous leap, razor sharp claws forward in an attempt to drive them through the man and into the ground.

Fists(Great)vs Jonathan + [roll0] = Epic Weapons 3 Attack

Dancing Ghoul

Turning on its inhumanly quick attacker, the ghoul narrowly to evade its attack while delivering a vicious attack of its own.

Athletics(Great) + [roll1] vs Good(with the tagged aspect) to avoid Aidens attack

Fists(Great) + [roll2] = Superb Weapons 3 Attack against Aiden

horngeek
2012-05-15, 08:30 AM
Chiyoko's eyes light up in rage as the ghoul attacks one of her best friends. "Yurusenai."

Completely ignoring the fact that her arms are bound, she spins, delivering a kick right towards the ghoul's knife-wound.

Chiyoko figures that even if it's supernatural, a kick in the area of an already-existing injury should hurt.

Invoking Damsel In Distress, My Ass! for a +2 bonus, and if it's still present, tagging (or even invoking, if necessary) the Ghoul's Consequence from the knife wound. +4 bonus if that's true, so if Chiyoko can ping both Aspects, she's got a modifier of +7. :smallbiggrin:

[roll0]

Consequences: Bruised Head
Stress Track: OOOO
Fate Points: 3 (possibly 2)

Barbarian MD
2012-05-15, 10:20 AM
Jonathan begins to turn with Chiyoko's warning, but it is too late. He screams in pain as the claws lash into his skin, and blood starts pouring profusely from his left shoulder. He is knocked to the ground, slamming his head to the pavement.

Out of instinct, he throws his right hand up from his prone position, and screams unintelligibly in pain and rage. These creatures are wrong, and evil, and against God's very nature. They hurt his friend; they've hurt him. He had no idea what they were, but that didn't matter tonight. He had already seen enough weird.

Calling up 6 power. Taking 1+3 mental stress.

Now to make the roll. DC is 6. [roll0] +3 + fate points to tag aspects as necessary.

Okay, tagging 2 aspects for 2 fate points. High concept and Down the Rabbit Hole.

Uneccessary overkill? Absolutely! That's the point. Magic is dangerous and evil, and he doesn't know how to control it. The explosion of this badguy into little chunks will only make his moral conflict worse. :smallbiggrin:

Zman
2012-05-15, 11:56 AM
Wounded Ghoul

Plunging his claws into the left shoulder of the red Sweatered human, darkening the shoulder or a deeper maroon, and hearing his head bounce off the ground was quite satisfying. Not as satisfying as eating this feeble human would be, but satisfying none the less.

Then, suddenly there was the sense of power growing, a hum in the air centering around the human, those in the supernatural community that have ever seen a practitioner gather power have learned to fear it...

The ghoul acted on its predatory instinct, turning towards the humans damaged shoulder as quickly as possible to disorient him. The sheer release of power was immense and the ghoul couldn't avoid the wall of force as it still lifted him and flung him into the Jeep.

A split second later the young woman who he fully intended to eat leaped into the air to deliver an final kick. If her bound hands or her bruised skull hadn't diminished her effectiveness he would have been through.

Even supernatural predators get scared, and the ghoul prepared to flee... Calling out in a language none could understand to the other ghoul.

Defense vs Jonathan
Athletics(Great) + [roll0] +2 Tag(Concusion) + 2 Tag(Gouged Shoulder)= vs Epic Weapon 6
Epic vs Epic connects...barely for a Severe Consequence Crunched. No added Stress.

Defense vs Chiyoko
Athletics(Great) + [roll1] +2 Tag(Bound Hands) +2 Invoke Bumped Head = vs Legendary(10) attack yields a three stress hit

Wounded Ghoul
OXXX Mod And a Sever Consequence
Wounded Ghoul has used its only fate point

A'den
2012-05-15, 01:26 PM
Peter

The alley seemed to grow darker and there a sudden *WUMP* as volatile forces picked up one of the creatures and smashed into the jeep. Peter took advantage of the sudden change to drive his attack at the dancing monster. He could see the cougar that had saved his life mirroring and supporting his attacks, it fought with a human intelligence it seemed as they worked to frustrate the beast between them.

FISTS [roll0] +3 +2 (Tag) FIGHTING ON MULTIPLE FRONTS, Weapon 1: Combat Knife.

Zman
2012-05-15, 03:06 PM
Zachary

Seeing the ghoul not turn for him like he had prepared, Zachary knew that he had made a terrible mistake. He didn't even have time to shout a warning as the foul creature flung itself at Jonathan.

His blood is going to be on my hands....

Zachary closed the gap attempting to protect Jonathan and the bound girl, getting in between them and the monster. As he placed himself in a position to defend the two helpless strangers from its continued fury, Zachary found out that neither was too helpless. A sensation of gathering power, just like high voltage lines suddenly filled the air. Suddenly the good Samaritan unleashed what appeared to be a wall of force from his outstretched hand powerful enough to fling the onster into the Jeep hard enough to move the wheels maybe six inches.

What the hell?!

The thing hadn't even had time to hit ground and the Asian girl landed a powerful kick on its shoulder. It looked like something from a martial arts movie, made all the more impressive by her hands being bound. In his years of martial arts, Zachary had never seen anything so graceful.

What the hell?!!

Then Zachary noticed that the other monster was in a graceful dance of death with a cougar, a fricking cougar, and a mean looking guy with a knife.

What the hell?!!!

Block: Fists(Good) + [roll0] =

Zman
2012-05-15, 04:27 PM
Dancing Ghoul

Being surrounded by enemies, the ghoul attempted to attack one without leaving itself too open to attacks from the other. The one with a knife attacks from his rear and the group attempts to dance out of its way...

Athletics(Great) + [roll0]

Dextral
2012-05-15, 05:16 PM
Aidan snarled as the strange creature's claws raked across his flesh. His pure, animalistic fury towards the ghoul overwrote any pain he might have felt. He could only thing of sinking his fangs into it's neck, savoring the thought of it's life slipping away, frustrated that he had failed to harm it so far. He sank to the ground, gathering his strength for another lunge. It wouldn't get off so easily this time. He pounced in a blur almost to quick to see, his slashing his claws across the ghouls stomach.

Physical: [][][x][] Fate Points: 33

[roll0]+3

Zman
2012-05-15, 09:10 PM
In the span of a few short seconds victory was snatched from their grasp. A loud crunch sounded as one ghoul was smashed thoroughly into the jeep by an unseen wall of force by an unknown mageling. Fear registering on its inhuman features..

<Unknown Sppech>. Hissing, one ghouls calls to the other. As it crawls into the jeep, frantically starting it. The other ghoul moves quickly, taking knife blows to the stomach and claws to the back before leaping and hanging into the back of the jeep, his feet dragging on the ground for fourth yards, leaving a stream of grund flesh and blood on the pavement. Both ghouls took feints swipes at anyone that got close enough to them before they could flee for their lives.

Wounded Ghoul

OXXX Moderate: Bum Arm Severe: Crunched

Dancing Ghoul

Athletics(Great) + [roll0] = vs Fair Weapons 1 = 1 Stress

XOXX Mild Deep Cut Moderate Slashed Stomach

Both Ghouls hav opted to take the bad guy version of a concession here choosing to flee, defeated, on their on accord. No meal is worth certain death.

Zman
2012-05-15, 09:34 PM
Most people don't understand how quickly things happen. When adrenaline is pumping, and instinct kicks in seconds can drag on for hours. Sixty seconds had passed since the fist shots rang out, lights beginning to turn in in houses siloughetting their sleepy occupants.

Five people remain in the aftermath standing near an olds 88, a bloody shoe on the ground, the carcas of a dog, it's necked snapped by vicious hands. A young poised Japanese girl helps her bleeding friend off of the ground, a young academic is shocked and terrified at what he is capable of doing, an old soul stands all too familiar with battle and carnage, a young man stands tall and proud with a curse on his breath, and the fifth lay naked sleeping on the ground.

All of their eyes have been opened to a terrifying new reality that some suspected, but had yet to truly live.

Compel for Aiden of his high concept. Gains one additional fate point after the refresh. If he doesn't accept, I'll cost him one.

A'den
2012-05-15, 09:46 PM
Peter drew in a long breath and let it out slowly through his nose easing away some of the tension and adrenaline. He raised the knife his face to look at it a minute and sniffed at the bloody smears on it before he grabbed a rag from the trash and wiped the blade clean and slid it home into his leather sheath.

"Is everyone okay?"

As he asked he retrieved his pistol from the ground and ejected the spent clip, putting the empty in his pocket he tucked the pistol away behind his back and went over to check on the naked unconscious guy.

"Did anyone see where that cougar went too?"

Investigation: [roll0]+1: Notice anything else strange about the creature they were fighting by looking at their blood, i.e. not human blood. Then check on the naked guy... maybe realize they cougar is not here and suddenly this guy is.

horngeek
2012-05-15, 10:00 PM
Chiyoko looks over at Peter. "Peter, can you cut me loose so I can help Jonathan?"

She turns her back to the former soldier, showing him how her arms were wrapped in tape. "I'm not sure how they taped my arms, but I can barely move them, and I can't wriggle free on my own."

She then listens to his questions. "What cougar?"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-15, 11:13 PM
Jonathan finds himself lying on the ground, woozy... Again.

Clutching a bleeding and painful head, he manages a, "Wha Hapun?" Which, considering the extra consonant, was an improvement over last time.

This is not his night.

A'den
2012-05-15, 11:24 PM
"Uh..." Peter paused a moment then looked at the naked guy again, no ****ing way. "You didn't see the four and a half foot long mountain lion jump in and save my ass then disappear and now this naked guy is lying right there."

He pointed to the guy on the ground. He walked over and looked at the tape for a second just to make sure he didn't hurt Chiyoko cutting her loose. "Huh someone went to a little more effort on this."

He pulled his knife out and carefully sliced a cut down the middle of the tape taking his time to be weary of her arms and sliced her free. He spook to Jonathan as he worked, "Well that other guy, I think I've heard of them somewhere before... ghouls. Well he went at you then something weird happened and you pulled a Jedi Knight on him and sent him ass over face into that jeep they pulled off on. You know I think I remember seeing that jeep somewhere before too. Guy named George owned one just like it."

He sucked in a breath, "Hope that ain't George's shoe."

horngeek
2012-05-16, 01:40 AM
Chiyoko looks over her shoulder as Peter starts cutting her loose. "I was busy with the... ghoul? Attacking us.

What do you mean by little more effort? It feels like my elbows are together."

She grimaces as Peter mentions a 'George'. "Um. Given that they referred to me as 'dessert', I hope so too.

...thanks for helping out. Sorry I took off like that... thought I could handle myself or at the very least defend myself long enough to back out of there. Instead, I got you all hurt."

Zman
2012-05-16, 07:15 AM
Zachary

Eyeing the scene around him. Zachary tried to take it all in. He looked at his shoulder, it looks days old, not merely seconds. Didnt stop it from hurting like hell. Eventually he noticed Aiden laying naked on the ground,,

"What is with this guy and ending up naked all of the time?" he asks no one in particular, "And what the hell did you do to that....thing?"

"And will someone tell me what is going on, and how I ended up in the middle of it? Preferably before more authority figures arrive, I don't need more of that bull**** tonight."

Dextral
2012-05-16, 10:15 AM
Aidan groaned, slowly recovering from his fight. The last thing he remembered was the feeling of frustration as his prey fled and the urge to give chase, before suddenly feeling very tired and thinking how very comfortable the street looked and maybe he could just lie down for a second...

He picked himself of the grimy street, suddenly aware that he was very human and very not wearing any clothes. He grinned awkwardly, "Err excuse me a moment I seem to have misplaced my clothes. I'll just be a moment." He vanished behind the corner, retracing his steps until he found his discarded clothes and returned to the group. He looked like completely different person than the one who started the evening, his carefully styled hair now a disheveled mess, as he stood barefoot in his dirty clothes. "Ok, now that I'm decent and everything would somebody please tell me WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED! Cause you, know this wasn't really how I pictured my evening going."

A'den
2012-05-16, 12:15 PM
"We were baited." Peter said as he looked around the scene. He walked over and took a closer look at the shoe.

"Those things, those ghouls. Killed someone hear." He paused for what seemed dramatic affect really he was using a few pieces of the puzzle left on the ground, the shoe, the blood, the jeep, the whole incident and started putting the pieces together. "They probably ate whoever had this shoe. They were strong, and tough, big metabolism to keep something like that running, first meatbag was enough for an entree but they were probably still hungry. So they hurt the dog knowing that in a residential neighborhood like this someone will probably come, old lady, maybe a kid, something easy to kill. Then they get us instead, and get their asses kicked. They were predators. I've been investigating something similiar for a while since I moved in here. These things prey on people, and there's probably others because these guys were different than from what I was tracking."

Zman
2012-05-16, 01:51 PM
Zachary

"Tracking? Monster hunting?". With a little chuckle, "a modern day Von Helsing!"

"I suppose you are going to tell me that wasn't a freak accident either with the lightning bolt?"

Barbarian MD
2012-05-16, 03:28 PM
Jonathan groans from his position on the ground on a puddle of his own blood.

"Less talking. More hospital."

Zman
2012-05-16, 03:48 PM
Zachary

Looking at the mans shoulder...

"Ahh, looks worse than it is. And most of the blood on the ground isn't yours. Disinfect it, dry it, pinch them shut and super glue them shut, and then wrap it, you won't even need stitches."

Scholarship(Average) + [roll0]

Barbarian MD
2012-05-16, 08:38 PM
Jonathan sits up, clutching his head with one hand and trying to steady himself with the other.

"What happened? Chiyoko, are you okay?"

He catches sight of his naked roommate. "...Aiden?!"

What's that? Concussions can cause brief periods of amnesia? You don't say!

A'den
2012-05-17, 03:55 PM
Peter looked at Zachary, "Long story... my truck is around the corner somewhere, whadda say we get out of here?"

Investigation: [roll0]+1: Notice Zacharay's fast healing.

horngeek
2012-05-20, 07:01 AM
Chiyoko places a hand on Jonathan's non-wounded shoulder, trying to steady him. "I'm... all right. My arms are a bit sore, and I can tell I've already got a bruise, but I'm probably one of the least injured here."

She grimaces. "Should be the other way around.

Anyway, you let of... some kind of blast of force. Knocked the monster off its feet. I managed to kick it where it had been stabbed before, and I'm guessing the pain from those two hits made it withdraw, at least."

Zman
2012-05-20, 08:30 AM
Zachary

Responding to Peter as he carefully listens to Chiyoko and Jonathan's conversation.

"Good idea, I'd reaaly prefer not to be here when the cops come."

Looking at Jonathan, "Can you walk? Otherwise I can carry you."

A'den
2012-05-20, 10:36 AM
"Sounds good, the other two of them look a little wobbly I'll bring it around." Peter said and moved away quickly.

Two minutes later a black extended-cab truck its paint still had that new car shine pulled around the corner and parked where the Jeep had been. The driver's window rolled down, "Come on."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-20, 12:35 PM
Jonathan takes Zach's proffered hand and stands to his feet, albeit somewhat wobbly. "Yeah, riding sounds good..."

When Chiyoko speaks, his heads whips around--"What!?", which causes him to become dizzy and stumble.

"I did what?"

horngeek
2012-05-28, 05:14 PM
Chiyoko moves forward as Jonathan stumbles, trying to steady her friend. "You let out a... a blast of force, maybe? Not sure if that's how to say it. It blew the ghoul away from us, and drove it off. Possibly saved both our lives."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-28, 06:23 PM
"Did you get hit on the head, too? I didn't do anything except get my butt handed to me. Much less become a Jedi since we last hung out...

A'den
2012-05-28, 08:04 PM
"Uh no you were about to get stomped then pulled an Obi-Won and blasted them clear across the alley." Peter said casually as he loaded the werewolf kid into the truck.

Zman
2012-05-28, 08:25 PM
The sounds of sirens were audible in the distance...

Zachary

"Let's get moving....quick like. I've filled my quota of statements for the evening" Eying the pickup, "Nice ride."

Looking at Peter, "You and Miss GoGo can have the cab. I'll ride in back with the streaker and Anikan so we don't get blood all over the apolstry. But seriously, how did you fling a 250 lb raging monster ten feet into the side of a jeep with nothing but a wave of your hand and scream? "

Wih his best dramatized effort he mimicked Jonathan's feat, "Eekk...honk, SPLAT!". Zach patted Jonathon on the back as he helped him into the back of the truck, "Thatnwasmthe sickest thing I've ever seen."

Barbarian MD
2012-05-28, 09:02 PM
Jonathan looks bewildered back and forth between his accusers. "I'm telling you, I have no idea what you're talking about.

"All I remember us trying to untie Chiyoko, and the next thing I know I'm bleeding all over the place and hurt all over, and whatever those things were were running away--"

He gets in the truck, too confused and in pain to object.

"What the heck were those things, anyway?"

A'den
2012-05-28, 10:36 PM
"Alright, we are Charlie Mike." Peter made sure everyone was in and pulled out, driving casual looking to not draw any attention.

Driving [roll0]

Zman
2012-05-29, 08:41 PM
As Peter drove his truck the sounds of the approaching sirens began to fade. He headed towards the only location he could think of, his appartment on fourth street.

All he had todo was get them inside without being seen and perform a little first aid while they sorted the events of the past hour out.

The truck neared the long row of individual garages, his was about 30 yards from the rear most enetence of the brown brick building. The front f the apartment complex was nice glass, showing the two stories and matching wooden stairs. The back on the other hand was quite simple, closed off, and they would only have a few steps and the stairs before reaching the 2nd floor.

A'den
2012-05-29, 10:26 PM
Peter pulled in and parked the truck, he hopped out and put an arm under Adrien, "Alright everyone steady I have a medical kit inside we can finish dressing up anyone whose hurt."

He made for the door with the key in his hands.

Barbarian MD
2012-05-30, 01:12 AM
Jonathan shuffles along behind. His head is starting to clear, but confusion about his role in the fight still reigns, and his bleeding shoulder is increasingly on fire. The adrenaline rush is fading.

Zman
2012-05-30, 10:13 AM
Zachary jumps out of the truck, and manages to guide Jonathan towards the apartment, one hand on his back. Good thing he'd been around enough drunk people t know how to guide someone who was confused. The kid would need to baby that shoulder for a bit, but the scars that wound would leave wouldn't be the worst trauma of the night.

horngeek
2012-06-01, 09:38 PM
Chiyoko accompanies Zachary and Jonathan, wincing a bit as she feels the bruise on her head.

Zman
2012-06-03, 11:50 AM
The group moves quickly into the apartment, trying not to disturb the occupants and draw attention to themselves. They enter the small apartment, a kitchen hitch was open to a living room, two small bedrooms, and a bathroom. The apartment wasnt dirty, but live in. One bedroom contained an assortment of hunting and military gear.

The group began tending to the most wounded, Jonathan....

Barbarian MD
2012-06-03, 11:27 PM
Jonathan, for his part, is recovering quickly. His head is clearing, and he is becoming more and more talkative, at some points even leaping up at particularly lively moments.

For the most part he is denying having anything to do with their defense, alternating that he remembers nothing and that he didn't do anything, but he also wants to know what happened.

For instance, 'why was his roommate naked?'

And, 'what were those things?'

Along with things like, 'you shot a gun at us!'

And, 'They murdered that man!'

The tension and excitement of the night is all coming out in a rush, and--though he would never admit it--there is a thrill of adventure that comes with the knowledge of having narrowly avoided death and being safe now.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-13, 07:10 PM
Going to try recounting events in re-caps in a past-tense, noir-like style. This may or may not work, particularly since I've never written noir before. I'm not going to go for full-on noir snark, though; that'd be a little out of character. Let me know if you'd prefer something else.

That night, I began to run out of steam after several minutes. The adrenaline was wearing off, and the pacing was going to drive the others nuts. Plus, I'm pretty sure I was dripping blood all over Peter's nice carpet.

Before I collapsed, Chiyoko decided it would be best if I laid down, and would accept no disagreement. I was hurt, and the rest would do me good, she said. They spread some blankets to sop up the blood and guided me to a couch. It was then that I realized I really didn't have any steam left, falling in a heap on the shabby old thing.

Still, I was unrelenting in my questions, and the others wanted answers, too. Despite all the strangeness of the night, though, the primary question I wanted answered was, "Why the blazes was my roommate naked?", and eventually, sheepishly, Aiden spilled under pressure. "I'm a were-cougar" doesn't really do his story justice, but in my post-concussive fog that's about all I remember. We were all pretty shocked, except Peter of course.

Peter sort of shrugged, like it was nothing. Apparently he'd been clued-in for a while now. Between the war, and a vampire (apparently they exist, too), and some other weirdness, he seemed like a figure out of a story, like Van Helsing or something. Some poor sap named Antonio had just come to town, hunting down some answers about something or other, and had given Peter the heads-up that trouble was afoot in good-ole Steven's Point. Antonio had been killed. Things just kept getting more complicated.

I, meanwhile, just got more confused. I had seen a cougar that night at the party, and in the back-and-forth that ensued, Peter decided I had something he called the Sight. That just made him more convinced that I had done something to fling the... ghouls away.

I swore up and down it wasn't me, but some part of my addled brain began to protest. Part of me was convinced I had contributed about as much as a dead parrot to the fight; part of me was beginning to wonder how the heck I had done it--questions of magic certainly never entered the picture, could not enter the picture, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

At some point in the midst of all that, I stopped to say something along the lines of, "Wait, who the heck are you?" to Zach. I had missed his grand entrance, and it didn't really register that he was with us for a while. Anyway, it turns out it was his party that the girl got killed at. Some luck. He was a nice guy, even if he did have us run away from the cops that night.

A pretty sobering thought came following pretty closely on the heels of that one. Two people had been murdered that night. In front of me, or at least, almost in front of me. "So they really killed that guy, huh?" I managed, trying not to think about it too much. "Who do you suppose it was?"

I told the whole crew what I had seen at the party, not fully believing it myself, but coming along with their encouragement. Zach seemed hit the hardest, since he had been chatting her up when they were struck. He got really quiet for a long time.

In the end, nobody really had all the answers, and what I had was more questions. I had no idea where to look either. I was pretty sure if I Googled "force push" or "telekenesis" I would get mostly Star Wars video game references. What I was sure of, though, was that I wanted to do more than flop like a dead parrot if something like that happened again. Chiyoko protested that I was hurt too badly, but I wanted her to show me how to do some of the things that she could do, and this time I wouldn't take no for an answer. Neither of us had classes the next day, and she finally agreed with an ominous "it's a date."

By that time, we were all pretty exhausted, and Peter let us all just crash at his place.

Zman
2012-06-13, 10:07 PM
Zachary

Talk about a ****ty day...

Going from the guy who throws the party of the year to social pariah kind of sucked, like majorly. Not only that, but I was going to curl up alone after the girl that would have joined me was dead. Struck dead by a freak lightning bolt that almost saw me impaled on a wooden fence. Want insult to injury? The only guy that has game was the concussed nerd and the little cute Asian girl. Before the events of the night I would have called her breakably cute, after watching her pull a flying side kick while bound to put a certifiable nightmare down, I'm now a bit more impressed by her. Good for him, watching him and her should be entertaining.

Oh, and that is just for starters... I forgot about the naked kid with a cat fetish, the guy that got eaten, and our modern day Van Helsing. Oh! And getting grilled by cops, being cited for throwing a party with underage kids where a girl died, and petty much being set up to get royally screwed over by the days events. Awesome.

On the plus side I did get to save a life or two, wrestle with a badass monster, and do some wrecklessly heroic things. Cracked ribs and a a gashed shoulder... Well worth it. My shoulder hurt, but stopped bleeding and looked like I got the wound a couple of days ago, instead of hours compliments of being virtually superman. Biggest downsid to feeling like superman is getting beat to **** by something scarier, thank you Mr. ego, meet Mr. hubris...

After cleaning up and chatting with Jonathan for a while, I crashed on the recliner. He was a pretty good kid, and in total denial about his actions during the night.

Life just got a bit more interesting...

Barbarian MD
2012-06-14, 04:42 PM
Jonathan wakes up the next morning, stiff and sore but refreshed. He stumbles into Peter's shower and peels the blood-caked clothes off, surprised to note that his shoulder really doesn't look as bad as he thought. Peter is kind enough to loan him a replacement, though it's about three sizes too big.

Chiyoko and Peter are already awake, standing over a stovetop with scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast, and Jonathan is all too happy to eat.

"Guys, I was thinking..." he says between munching, "we ought to go to the police. I mean, it's not like we did anything wrong, and not telling them what we saw last night could hinder them from finding a killer."

Zman
2012-06-14, 07:21 PM
The modest apartment was a mess, people in varying degrees of bad to worse shape were littered around the apartment. Peter seemed to never have slept and was making breakfast on the same countertop he fevorously cleaned his pistol on not hours before. He tossed the egg shells into a garbage that was overflowing with bloody pieces of clothing, mostly Jonathan's and Zach's shirts. Peter had some practical skills in the kitchen scrambling eggs in the same pan as the pound of bacon he was frying.

Chiyoko was helping him make breakfast and making some mean toast.

Noticing that Jonathan was stirring to the blissful smell of breakfast Peter called to him, "Grubs almost ready."

That was the only sound to be heard as all four of them as they started eating, Zachary was missing, his chair empty.

After Jonathan nonchalantly brings up going to the authorities, all three of them turn to look at him.

Aiden was first to respond, "And what would we tell them?"

Chiyoko added in, "There isn't a body or anything."

Peter took the handoff, "Not to mention we all fled the authorities, and I discharged a weapon in a residential area. Well be lucky if nobody can give a description of us."

As they all stared at Jonathan Chiyoko let out a giggle, "Aidn brought up the idea about 5 minutes ago. It seems like the rational thing to do, until you try to explain the man eating monsters or how Aiden ended up flashing his kibbles and bits" another giggle fit rocked her, Aiden scowled, "or how you threw the thing into a jeep with enough force to crush the door with a gesture of your hand." she finished the sentence with her best Jedi force push impersonation.

Zman
2012-06-14, 07:33 PM
Zachary

It was still early, barely 6:00am, and Zachary got up quietly trying not to disturb anyone sleeping around him. He noted that Chiyoko was sleeping upright holding the unconscious Jonathan's head in her lap, the budding romance could have made him sick. Zach didn't have much faith in love, or finding more than short lived spontaneous mind blowing happiness in the arms of another.

Man, I'm way to young to be this jaded...

He quick checked his shoulder, it looked better already, the wound was closing quickly, a little too quickly. He replaced the bandage, slid on the shirt that Peter left for him. As he reached the kitchen he saw Peter sitting almost still enough to be asleep, but he wasn't. His coffee was steaming, the smell of oil on the air. Apparently Peter was the kind of guy who routinely cleans his guns when he needs to think.

Zachary enchanted a quick couple of words letting Peter know that he had damage control to do at the apartment, and or probably a follow up with the cops. He thanked him for the shirt and quickly headed out of the door.

The reality of the night was a tough pill to swallow. He had always know he was different, stronger, tougher, than those around him. But the things he survived and did last night belonged in a comic book. He wasnt normal, not by a lingg shot. It shook him, there was a world out there he could scarcely comprehend and was ignorant to. And ignorance is unacceptable.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-14, 08:02 PM
Jonathan munches quietly, looking back and forth between them, then looks down at his plate. "Still, it feels... wrong, somehow, to not."

"You're right, though. We've got nothing to tell them anything that wouldn't result I is getting locked up in a hospital."

Another longish silence, and a determined look in his eye.

"But maybe if we could figure things out. If we could find out what was going on, we might could point them in the right direction. Do you think we could help? Where's Zach? He might know more about that poor girl."

Zman
2012-06-14, 09:08 PM
Peter responded to Jonathan, "Unfortunately, I don't think there is much the cops can do against things like that. And there is no one that is going to believe a stray lightning bolt is a murderr weapon. I think it's best for all of us if we just let this go.". After a short pause, "But if you insist in digging into this matter, Zachary left early this morning to attemp damage control on his life. You'll probably find him at his apartment.

Chiyoko stopped eating, just staring at her plate. The internal struggle visible on her face.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-14, 10:52 PM
"Well, if they won't deal with it, somebody has to." Grim determination is on his face. "If we've got knowledge they don't, we've got to use it, or the next death will be on our heads."

He looks at the microwave clock. "We can give Zach some time to pick up the pieces. I want to be ready before we do this. Chiyoko, I'm holding you to your promise, but first--" he turns to Peter--"I want to know everything you know about weird stuff."

Zman
2012-06-15, 07:23 AM
Peter gets noticeably on edge, "Jonathan, that doesn't change the fact that we are way out of our league. There is **** out there that we can't even fathom, I've heard a couple of stories, SEEN some **** that would give you nightmares or drive you to drink. I don't sleep well...this will suck you in, tear your out and wreck you". He visibly sinks, "I'm already after the thing that killed Eric Duffey. I owe that to him. Chasing down Ghouls, something that I had ony hard of and scarcity believed before last night seems suicidal.". His eyes are pleading, " Reconsider how far you want to go down the Rabbit Hole, you are playing for keeps..."
Yes, that is a compel which you were playing into already. We both know ou are going to investigate this. So you should be at Refresh +1 for fate points.

Chiyoko fills the silence, "I can train you, and will help where I can. Be careful. We can start as soon as your shoulder is healed up." she rests a hand on Jonathan's back.

Aiden sits there silent, "don't look at me, I'm not cut out for this..." His face burden with th guilt of his words, "But I'd be there for you in as second if you needed me."

Peter, "If you are hell bent on figuring this out, I'll help where I can. Maybe, Zach can shed some light on who that girl was, and who or what might want to hurt her."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-15, 09:22 AM
"I don't want to fight those things. I just want to figure out what's going on. We can leave the fighting to the police. Maybe the anonymous tip they get can be made to sound bad enough that they send the SWAT team. Or the National Guard..."

"Okay, Peter, tell me what you know about Eric, then."

"And Chiyoko, I want to start today. You can show me stuff that doesn't involve the shoulder, or just walk me through some light forms. I promise I'll try to take it easy on the shoulder."

Zman
2012-06-15, 10:58 AM
Chiyoko pokes Jonathanright in the bandage just hard enough to cause pain, "Not today, you probably needed stitches, and there is no way you are doing any vigorous activity with that for a couple of days."

Peter "Regular humans are cut out to fight those things, and you know it." A short pause later, "Eric was a class mate, knew him a little. Went out on his 21st birthday, left Partners bar with a girl, never heard from again. They found his body in the river a week later."

His stare is ice, "Thing is, I'm the only one that saw him leave with her, no one has mentioned it, including a dozen witnesses say he left alone. Worse yet, the blonde he was leaving with smile at me with bright green eyes and sharp pointed teeth. I thought I had drank too much, but deep down I know what I SAW."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-15, 11:06 AM
"Any idea who she was? Have you learned anything since then?"

Jonathan winces at her poke, but bears it. "It's really not as bad as I thought it was. It just bled a lot. He said I wouldn't need stitches last night, and the bandage is just keeping the neosporin from staining Peter's shirt. See?" he rolls up his shirt and peels the bandage away, revealing wounds that will become nasty scars, but aren't bleeding.

With the Milestone thing, did that erase the consequences and we're just roleplaying it out still, or does he still have a consequence associated with his injury?

Also, I'm hinting towards a Wizard's recovery, even if it's not 100% yet.

Also, the vamp that I saw at the party--it's not the same one, was it? Or were they similar enough that Jonathan might link them?

Zman
2012-06-15, 04:16 PM
Peter
"No idea, she was a something though. I've been out at night just looking for her. No leads so far."

Chiyoko
"They are deep, don't require stitches but a doctor would have probably done it anyway. You need to take it easy so they don't get infected."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-15, 04:53 PM
"Okay, Partners Bar, with a blonde, green-eyed girl with sharp teeth. It's not much, but it's a start."

He mulls it over. "Problem is, those big ugly things weren't exactly blonde bombshells. And the lightning strike was totally different. I'm just not seeing a pattern here...

"I hate to say it, but the simplest explanation is that we've got multiple murderers in town." His grim expression just got grimmer.

"But it's a start. Maybe if we go back to the alley and poke around in the daylight, we might find something. Or maybe someone saw something. We could knock on some doors."

He finally acquiesces. "Fine, no practice today, but I am going to go for a run this afternoon. It's probably more important to be able to run very fast than to fight, anyway. Or at least, run faster than you guys." he says with a grin.

"I'm going to head back to the alley, and then go talk to Zach. Do you guys want to come? Otherwise, you've got my cell phone, and we can meet up for dinner." He jots his number down on a paper towel for Peter.

Plan is to go to alley, go to track, then go to Zach's.

Zman
2012-06-15, 05:05 PM
Peter speaks solomonly, "No, we've got two tragic accidents and a missing person no body knows.". This could happen all the time and no body would ever no about it. Is the world we live in.". "I've got to ge to work today, and I'll probably hit up Partners tonight. Worst case, Jn can listen to me drown my sorrows. Sad that's the extent of my social life."

Chiyoko, "I could tag along, I don't have to work until this afternoon. And if you nest on running, I suppose we could start...." she glares disapprovingly. "I know Zach is trained in martial arts as well, he'd be a great practice dummy if you intend to get anywhere near things like those again. And I bet he could use a couple of friends right about now."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-15, 11:14 PM
"Okay, sounds good. Are you about ready to go then?"

Walking distance to the alley?

horngeek
2012-06-16, 12:23 AM
Chiyoko's expression softens a bit as she nods. "Yeah. Let's go."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-16, 09:12 AM
Before leaving, Jonathan asks Peter, "Say, do you he anything that I could use as a weapon that doesn't look like a weapon?"

He says goodbye and heads out, leading Chiyoko the seven blocks on foot to the alley. He pesters her the whole way with questions like, 'Okay, say a guy is coming at me like this, what do I do?'

Zman
2012-06-16, 11:18 AM
Peter responds to Jonathan, "Maybe a small knife, but that is about it.". With a grin, "Maybe you should pick up some peppers pray?"

It's a quick walk to the side street down normal residential streets. Early May overcast, and 70 degrees with a hint of humidity after a brief May shower the night before. The puddles were already gone, but the humid air is a dead give away.

It only takes a couple of turns, one off of the busy 4tth Ave, and one off of the next cross roads, one a small secluded side street that eventually ends in a dead end.

I left the walk open for more dialog and hopefully some reflection.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-16, 11:58 AM
As they walk, Jonathan asks Chiyoko, "So what do you think about all of this?"

Once at the alley, Jonathan starts trying to orient himself to the fight last night, determining where the jeep was, and where the remains of the body were.

"Let's see--we came into the alley from this side. And you were tied up over there by the jeep. What did you see when you approached--I don't think we ever thought to ask you last night? And they were standing here. So that means the body would have been over here."

He also looks for the locations of windows or doors, anything that would give him an idea of someone that he should talk to.

Not sure if this would be Investigation (+2) or Alertness (+1), but going to spend a while combing the scene.

[roll0]

Gah, I hate the forum roller!

Zman
2012-06-16, 08:27 PM
Jonathan and Chiyoko approach the side street where the battle with the two ghouls took place. Jonathan is looking intently at the scene, from house to house, window to window, almost missing the white and orange city truck parked on the Sid of the street.

The most apparent detail was the lack of anything that signified a crime scene. No yellow tape, no official presence short of theman dressing in denim, a bright city worker shirt, big rubber boots and rubber gloves. As the two of you approach he lifts the dead dog into the back of his pickup.

As you scour the scene for detail you notice a single pent brass near a sewer gutter.

The man who looked as if he were in his late fourties and resigned to do a distasteful job because that is what he has to do to survive. "Morning." his tone friendly enough.

horngeek
2012-06-16, 09:12 PM
As they walk towards the street, Chiyoko answers Jonathan's questions, but once she gets a word in, frowns. "To be honest, it's a better idea for me to demonstrate."

Once they arrive, Chiyoko looks around the street, and sighs, speaking quietly to Jonathan. "Not much, to be honest. There were the two ghouls. Their jeep. I saw the shoes and the blood, as well as the body of that dog.

I managed to land a hit on one of them, then..."

The young woman frowns. "I took a hit to the head, and next I know, I'm waking up in the truck, arms and legs wrapped up, and drawing you all into danger."

Chiyoko sighs quietly. "If you'd be willing to help me with something... if I can, I want to learn how to escape from being bound. And how to defend myself if I can't get my arms free, as well. I can do some reading on both, but I'd need to practice as well... maybe it'll mean I'm not helpless the next time something like this happens. Okay?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-16, 09:29 PM
Jonathan mumbles to Chiyoko, "Follow me."

"Rocky?!" he shouts at the dead dog, loud enough and anguished enough for the garbage man to hear. "Oh no! Rocky!"

He rushes to the garbage man, intent on inspecting the dog more closely.

Zman
2012-06-16, 09:39 PM
"Sorry about the dog." Theman pauses, obviously not used to dealing with grieving people. "Must of got hitlastnight when thosekids were screwing around with fireworks.". After a short silence he remembers to console, "I'm sure it was an accident and there was nothing you could do. Do you wanto take ... Err.. Body and bury it or something?"

As you near the dog you can see how it's heads rolls around at impossible angles, it's neck snapped. This could easily be mistaken for an accident. The dog bled out from a wound obits neck which would have been attributed to thevehiclebutlooks a lot like claw marks to you.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-16, 09:48 PM
Jonathan just shakes his head. "Oh, man. Rocky...

"Yeah, I'll take him. Thanks, I guess."

Zman
2012-06-16, 10:20 PM
"So, since you wanted here I can give you a ride and drop you and..your dog off. Don't worry, it's no bother, really."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-16, 10:25 PM
"No thanks. We're just around the corner. His collar is off--I want to look around and see if I can find it before we go. Thanks, though."

Zman
2012-06-16, 11:26 PM
"If you are sure..." The man tries to make eye contact before he agrees. Picking up the dog again he sets him off to the side of the street.

"Sorry about him, what was his name?" he idly adds as he gets ready to leave.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-17, 05:32 AM
Jonathan looks him in the eyes. "Rocky. Rocky Balboa, although my kid brother kept getting confused and would call him Chocolate--like Rocky Road ice cream. It's going to suck to have to tell him..."

horngeek
2012-06-17, 05:53 AM
Chiyoko steps forwards, then pauses. "Dasai... can we get something to carry the body with, please?"

According to a site I found with Japanese colloquialisms, 'dasai' is used to express disgust over something 'uncool'. I'm using it as an 'ewwwww' here, though. If anyone reading this knows Japanese and I got it completely wrong... sorry. :smalltongue:

Zman
2012-06-17, 08:15 AM
As Jonathan makes eye contact a Soulgaze snaps into being, a momentary eternity later the man is pale and stunned.

He quickly moves to a compartment on the bake of the truck removing a black garbage bag and hands it to Chiyoko. "Well, I've got to get going. You two try and have a nice day.". He awkwardly tries to get away as quickly as he can.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-17, 05:49 PM
Jonathan spends just a moment too long making eye contact with the garbage man, and what follows is totally unexpected. He feels like he flows into and through the man's eyes, and finds himself standing in a marvelous marbled chamber of pure white--tidy, neat, not a speck of dust to be found. It's a master-piece of cleanliness. And in the middle of the chamber stands an edifice, upon which sits a throne. Strangely--and defying the laws of physics--the throne overlooks a photo display filled with wonderful pictures of several loving children and a beautiful lady wearing an apron and baking cookies. It is a warm and clean place.

He feels himself being pulled back out, and his vision warps as he stumbles back out. He almost loses his balance, and then looks around confused while the garbage man escapes.

What. the. heck?

Zman
2012-06-17, 10:15 PM
To the outside observer the Soulgaze lasted only a moment, but something did happen. Jonathan reels from the intimate contact while the city employee turns and gets in his truck without further dialog, his attempt at puting as much space between him and Jonathan as possible.

horngeek
2012-06-17, 10:40 PM
Chiyoko catches the bag, then drops it so she can move up to support Jonathan. "Are you all right? What just happened?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-17, 10:44 PM
Jonathan shakes his head in wonder. "Things keeping getting weirder and weirder," he mumbles to himself.

As the truck rounds the corner, he bends down to inspect the dog, running his hands over its body and feeling its wounds.

Scholarship: [roll0]

When he has finished, he starts to put the dog in the trash bag, but then stops and steps back. He's been seeing such strange things lately. Is it something he can cause to happen?

He squints, shakes his head, concentrates, and is about to give up when his vision flashes wide open. His eyes reflexively slam shut, but he forces them open and takes a long look at the dog and up and down the alley, avoiding Chiyoko out of some buried instinct. He can bear it for only a moment, and then squinches his eyes shut, reeling but under control.

He lets out a long breath, blinks away the tears, leans back on his heels, and then puts the dog in the bag and leans the bag against the side of the street, out of the way.

He turns to Chiyoko and says rather anticlimactically, "Well, I can see weird things like Peter, apparently."

Opening the Sight. Continuing the search of the alley manually.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-17, 10:51 PM
Prior to using the Sight

"I don't know. I was looking at that man and I felt like I was suddenly standing inside his head. It's weird, but I really feel like I know him now, like, really well. It seemed like it lasted a minute or two. It's not something I've ever felt before--have you? I just don't know what's going on anymore."

horngeek
2012-06-17, 10:52 PM
Chiyoko frowns, stepping forwards. "I...

...what did you see? Just then?"

She turns to look at Jonathan.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-18, 10:18 AM
"I... I saw the dog's life. And it's death.

But that's about it." About it?! You just saw a dead animal's life! "I think I need to talk with Peter some more."

He sighs. After several minutes scouring the alley, nothing.

While he searches, he makes conversation with Chiyoko, asking her again, "What do you think of all this?"

Still, he's not about to give up just yet. He starts knocking on doors, hoping to meet someone who was here last night.

Will knock on doors that seem like good candidates. If nothing, then I suppose we can head over to the gym.

Here's a fun thought: Does my use of the Sight give me any ideas about where the dog's owner might live?

Barbarian MD
2012-06-18, 10:55 AM
While knocking on doors, Jonathan spots the Olds. It was parked beside a dumpster, and he had completely missed it before. He peers in the windows, examines the outside, writes down the license plate.

Finally, he tries to open the door.

If it's locked, I want to do some subconscious force magic to raise the lock right as he pulls the handle. If you want to compel failure or overkill for "Padawan" and instead cause the door to blow off its hinges or the lock to raise so quickly that it launches upwards and punches a hole in the ceiling, I won't object. :smalltongue:

Barbarian MD
2012-06-18, 11:51 AM
Jonathan looks inside the car, checking the glove compartment, under the seats, above the sunblinds, in the trunk, looking for any clues as to its owner's identity.

Hotwired awareness: -3 That's a failure.

Giving up on the car, he knocks on the door.

Not sure what type of roll you're asking for, but here goes: 0

horngeek
2012-06-18, 05:10 PM
Chiyoko shrugs. "To be honest... I'm not sure how much we'll find. I don't think their motivation was much more than 'eat'.

...if I remember correctly from talking to Peter, you're never going to forget what you See like that. Don't... use it unless you have to, okay?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-18, 06:36 PM
"Huh. Okay, yeah, I suppose I should be careful until I talk more with him about it tonight. Well, let's see if anyone saw anything."

Knock, knock.

Zman
2012-06-18, 09:12 PM
The two companions finishing combing the scene, leaving the old car be. They approach a run down dirty tannish ranch style home. Climbing three stairs to a small porch littered with debris.

After knocking and waiting a few moments movement can be heard. A woman, probably in her mid twenties with about an extra ten years of hard living on her face opens the door, the sound of a couple of children can be heard in the background. The smell of cigarette smoke is heavy in the air.

"Hello", her voice a bit groggy, obviously she has just gotten up? Not terribly surprising since it is before 8:30am.

You can make an awareness check to pick up passive details, or I can just use your awareness skill.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-18, 10:15 PM
I'll make the awareness check. My luck has got to even out sometime, right? [roll0] +2

"I'm terribly sorry to bother you, miss. We were wondering if you heard or saw anything strange last night." He can see the question in her eyes, the way she starts to withdraw. "It's nothing serious, mind you, but a local fraternity pulled a rather nasty prank on some freshmen last night in the alley, and we're trying to figure out which frat it was."

I'm going to use a fate point to tag my Humble Beginnings aspect for a bonus to my previous +2 Impression Roll. He knows what it's like to be low-income, and he can guess at the unique implications of that background and what's going through her head meeting strangers at the door. She's the only lead we've got at this point, so it may not pan out, but I don't want to miss the opportunity. If his presence is good enough without the tag, then I suppose it won't be necessary. Let me know if I end up spending the fate point or not, so I can use it during the conversation if necessary.

Zman
2012-06-19, 10:39 AM
Her look indifferent, "I already told the cops, I heard a bunch of noise, thought it was gunshots...by the time I got outside I managed to see two truck driving away, in opposite directions...think one was a jeep.". Then the downpour started and the cops showed up.". Her tone annoyed, "damned kids woke us all up with firecrackers. Cops didn't seem too concerned, so neither am I... What is your interest?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-19, 10:42 AM
"One of our friends was given a nasty scare, and we want to figure out which frat it was so that we can report them to the student government association.

"Did you hear anything before the firecrackers started? Or see anyone out in the alley?"

Jonathan presses a few questions, but it seems obvious that he's not going to get anything further. He had waited to mention the dog--it seemed like a topic that would either close the door on further investigation, or open it wide after failed diplomacy.

"I heard one of your kids saying something about 'Fluffy.' I hate to ask, but are you missing a dog?"

Zman
2012-06-19, 10:51 AM
"I got off work at 11:00, kids were asleep, so was the babysitter. Sent her home, then crawled int bed. I didn't hear anything till th firecrackers.". I think there was a jeep parked on the street when I got home though... Old looking one."

"We do have a dog, damned mutt runs off for days at a time sometimes...." she looks grim, "well isn't life an damned peach?" as realization comes across her face.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-19, 11:28 AM
"I'm so sorry, but I think I found your dog in the alley. I won't trouble you any more."

He walks down the alley a little ways with Chiyoko.

And then he breaks down, sinking to a resting crouch against the alley wall. "Chi, I don't understand what's happening. I'm seeing things that would put me in a psyc ward at the hospital. We saw monsters last night--monsters, and we almost got killed by them. Other people are getting killed. And if that weren't enough, I'm apparently a Jedi, or something." he trails off.

"What the heck is going on?"

Zman
2012-06-19, 06:51 PM
She stands there in stunned silence, the weight of her world bearing down on her. You can see the gears turning in her head, how will she bear to tell her children the news?...
"Will you please just take him away, I don't think they can bear for him to be dead, gone maybe. Dead, no. I can't bar to tell them that."

horngeek
2012-06-19, 07:04 PM
Chiyoko nods at the lady's request. "We will."

Then, she walks with Jonathan, and listens to his question. "I don't know, to be honest. I've been having... flashes of insight, you might say, myself. I'd suggest reading, but..."

She shrugs. "I don't think the campus library has what we need. On the other hand..."

She frowns. "...do you remember Ellie?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-19, 07:46 PM
"Ellie?

"Yeah, I remember her. She was your friend that was struggling so much with depression. I was really afraid for a while that she would take her own life."

My idea was that Jonathan didn't realize the magic stuff was going on. He let Chiyoko know that something was terribly wrong, and helped Ellie from an emotional standpoint, but he either didn't see or disn't want to see the supernatural stuff. But feel free to tweak that as desired. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2012-06-19, 07:57 PM
"Mmmm. That was partially because she found out her father's an ...elf, I think it was. In any case, she's been doing research since then, and I think if she can't tell us what's going on with you, she might be able to point us in the right direction."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-19, 08:20 PM
Jonathan nearly chokes on his own spit. "An elf?!?!"

Long pause.

"Well, yeah, I suppose that would help explain things. And it's not that weird, relatively speaking. Wait. How long did you know about this??"

horngeek
2012-06-19, 08:23 PM
Chiyoko pauses. "Since the incident you mentioned. I tried to help her through it, and I suppose I was successful. That was my second encounter with the supernatural. First was my own kidnapping.

And yes, an Elf. Not like in Lord of the Rings. Think Grimm's Fairy Tales."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-20, 06:31 AM
"So you think we should talk to her?"

horngeek
2012-06-20, 06:48 AM
Chiyoko nods. "It can't hurt.

Anything else you can think of that we need to do?"

Barbarian MD
2012-06-20, 05:23 PM
"Not here. We combed every inch of the alley and got nothing. I'll call in an anonymous report about the car to the police from a pay phone later, on the off chance it will help their investigation. I already picked up any spent brass I could find. We'll put the dog in the dumpster, as much as I hate to lie to that nice garbage man."

"In the stories, they always find some clue, but I don't even know where to get started...

"I want to exert myself--I'm feeling stressed. How about a jog to your friend's place?"

horngeek
2012-06-20, 05:25 PM
"She's my roommate on campus now. So, sure, if you're up to a jog back there."

Zman
2012-06-20, 09:25 PM
The two coeds are standing on the bleak street discussing their next move, the sun is creeping higher in the sky, the dew is starting to evaporate. The day looks to be another warm one.

Jonathan looks around, seeing a dumpster nearby.

Average awareness to spot the shortcut Chiyko instinctively used the night before. Chiyoko recognizes it on Mediocre.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-20, 09:36 PM
tried to post this earlier, but server problems interfered and I got sidetracked.

Might give Zach some more time to settle. We'll be coming back this way for dinner anyway.

Alertness: [roll0]

Oh, now I roll a 2. Seriously?!?!

"Okay, let's do it."

Commence with the jogging. Going for a steady, slower pace so as not to totally soak our non-running clothes in sweat.

Halfway there, Jonthan pulls up short and stops at a payphone. He places an anonymous phone call reporting a concern for the presence of an abandoned car.

Are his prints all over that thing? Yep. Does he think about that now? Nope. :smalltongue:

Zman
2012-06-21, 08:52 PM
After the young man places an anonymous hone call, he and the small girl take off at a light jog towards the dorms on campus. The campus is surprisingly busy for a Saturday morning.

As they approach the dorms...

horngeek
2012-06-21, 09:08 PM
Chiyoko starts jogging as well, giving one final look over the scene before she starts running beside her friend.

Alertness: [roll0] -1 in total.

She talks to Jonathan as she runs. "Once you've recovered, I'll start teaching you martial arts. At least the unarmed forms I know, anyway.

Could you help me out with practicing how to deal with being bound in return?"

And the Athletics Check: [roll1] Good result.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-21, 10:41 PM
Jonathan huffs along. "Sure thing. But I think we probably need to do that in private, rather than at the gym. We might get some weird looks." He winks.

horngeek
2012-06-22, 07:14 AM
Chiyoko chuckles. "Good point. I'll probably ask Ellie to help me out with that as well."

Zman
2012-06-22, 06:35 PM
As Jonathan and Chiyoko jog along in the warming morning, they cross the busy Division street at the light near The Store gas station on 4th. Crossing the street gives a nice view of the edge of campus, its abnormal emptiness indicative of a beautiful Saturday morning. After a minute or two of walking they pass the first two dorms, the third their destination. As they approach, a couple of coeds dressed for exercise, exit the swipe locked doors headed towards the cardio center.

Chiyoko's dorm stood squat above them, a mere five floors tall, it was one of the older dorms on campus notorious for its lack of air conditionong and lack of elevator. Sandstone brown brick, with institutional windows only broken up by the loud decorations in students windows.

You two are at the dorm doors, neither of your swipe cards will work. Blame Jonathan. This is a womens dorm, Chiyoko can name it and fill in some details.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-23, 05:21 PM
Jonathan pointlessly jiggles the handle. "Dang. Can you call your roommate to let us in?"

horngeek
2012-06-25, 09:21 AM
Chiyoko nods, frowning, and pulls out her phone, dialing Ellie's number on the phone.

Zman
2012-06-25, 09:56 AM
A short conversation and a few minutes later a petite and strikingly beautiful young woman opens the door, obviously having just been woken she is still wearing the tight white sleep shirt and shorts she used to combat the heat.

"someone didn't come home last night..." she let the words hang on the air as she eyes Chiyoko and Jonathan.

Fair discipline to not...notice...her body. Only if you are attracted to females.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-25, 03:58 PM
Discipline: [roll0] +3

Edit: Made it.

Jonathan blushes immediately. "It's not what you think!" he almost shouts.

horngeek
2012-06-25, 04:25 PM
Ellie and Jonathan get the sight of Chiyoko turning completely red at Ellie's implication, and begin stammering in Japanese. <W-what? We got attacked, it's not like that!>

Chiyoko'd only notice in the 'don't swing that way, but damm way. And she's seen it all before. :P

Zman
2012-06-25, 09:53 PM
Ellie smiles, a devilish grin, "Too easy... Let's get inside before we let all of the cold air out." her joke obvious as the sweat dripped down her neckline.

You walk to the stairs, up one flight along the dank cement stairs. Room 216...
I'll let horn geek describe Chiyoko and Ellie's room.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-27, 06:21 AM
I'm assuming "hinges" is auto-correct for "Chiyoko?"

"Ellie, it's nice to see you again. Thanks for letting us in."

horngeek
2012-06-27, 09:39 AM
Chiyoko smiles as she steps into her and Ellie's room. It's relatively simple, with two beds and various decorations which have a defenite Japanese theme. Chiyoko seems to have been the primary decorator, with a slight bias towards her 'side' of the room, suggesting that it's more a matter of Ellie not bringing many decorations than anything else. Chiyoko's 'side' of the room is slightly tidier that Ellie's- the latter has a few items of clothing left out, while Chiyoko only has a light sleeping yukata laid out on the bed.

The Japanese girl looked at Ellie. "We had an... I think you called it 'weirdness incident', yesterday. That's what I was talking about earlier when I said we were attacked, but..."

She looks to Jonathan to continue the explanation, since he's the subject of the question they want to ask.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-27, 10:42 AM
"Oh man, don't look at me. I don't really understand what's going on, either. First we were at the party last night where that girl got struck by lightning, only I didn't see lightning--I saw a weird tornado of death come down that no one else saw. Then we ran into some monsters in an alley that were eating somebody, and a guy showed up that started shooting at them, and it turns out my roommate is a were-cougar, and I might be a Jedi, and, and..."

He stops mid-sentence and shakes his head. When it's verbalized, it just sort of sounds ridiculous. He makes a sort of 'what are you going to do' motion with his hands.

horngeek
2012-06-27, 10:45 AM
Chiyoko sighs. "Jonathan let off... some blast of force of some kind."

Zman
2012-06-27, 01:50 PM
Ellie listens to the story with a rather blank stair, "So.... You went to the rescue of a dog? Got kidnapped by monsters? You used magic to help save the day? And your roommate can change his shape?".

In a very matter of fact tone, "Can you describe the monsters? I'm not very well versed with anything outside the realm of fairie, but I might know something."

Barbarian MD
2012-06-27, 02:10 PM
Jonathan blinks for a few moments at her lack of reaction.

"Well, they were big and ugly..." He tries his best, and then eventually passes the baton to Chiyoko. "You saw them better than I did. I mostly got clunked on the head."

horngeek
2012-06-27, 04:29 PM
Chiyoko thinks. "One of them said something about 'dessert' just before they knocked me out."

Zman
2012-06-27, 08:25 PM
After listening to the description of them, Ellie says, "They must have ghouls.....low level enforcers in the supernatural community. Nasty, but I've only heard stories. I ony know a little, actually. Just enough about my heritage to make an 'informed' decision...". With that she looks stressed.

Barbarian MD
2012-06-28, 06:35 AM
"There is a supernatural comunity?" Jonathan asks in surprise and alarm.

Zman
2012-06-28, 07:38 AM
"Yep, and you are part of it. Pretty much all of those old bed time stories are about something that really does go bump in th night. It's pretty overwhelming, was for me at least. Sometimes I just try and forget about it, makes things easier."

horngeek
2012-06-28, 08:33 AM
"To be fair to you, Ellie, that wasn't the only reason you were overwhelmed at the time..."

Zman
2012-06-28, 08:59 AM
"And I'd like to not rehash that particular part of my life before ten in the morning..."