PDA

View Full Version : Way to gain power points

TheMooch
2012-04-29, 09:18 PM
I need a way to gain 1 power point without changing my race or taking a class. I tried googling but was unable to find anything.

Mithril Leaf
2012-04-29, 09:19 PM
Hidden Talent feat, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Page 67.

TheMooch
2012-04-29, 09:42 PM
Ah thank you, I thought there was a feat but couldn't find it.

Mithril Leaf
2012-04-29, 10:15 PM
No problem, its what I'm here for. I gotta prove my worth to those big names somehow :smallsmile:.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-29, 10:26 PM
There's also wild talent, though it's not as good. It is in the SRD, if that counts for anything (not that I have seen many SRD only games, usually just core only. If they are going to be that restrictive they go all the way)

Kalaska'Agathas
2012-04-29, 11:57 PM
There's also wild talent, though it's not as good. It is in the SRD, if that counts for anything (not that I have seen many SRD only games, usually just core only. If they are going to be that restrictive they go all the way)

Wild Talent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#wildTalent) isn't as good as Hidden Talent (as previously mentioned, Expanded Psionics Handbook, pg. 67) as both feats grant a character two power points and the ability to take psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats, but Hidden Talent also grants a first level power known (though it may only be taken at level one). Hidden Talent is supposed to be an expanded version of Wild Talent, it is worth noting.

I need a way to gain 1 power point without changing my race or taking a class. I tried googling but was unable to find anything.

May I ask why you need 1 PP, without changing your race or taking a Psionic class?

Hylas
2012-04-30, 12:42 AM
May I ask why you need 1 PP, without changing your race or taking a Psionic class?
I'm going to guess it has to do with qualifying for a prestige class, like pyrokineticist.

Flickerdart
2012-04-30, 12:45 AM
You can get PP from psionic vestiges (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070119a), but you need to be a fairly powerful Binder before you can get to them.

Cor1
2012-04-30, 01:11 AM
You can use Azure Talent, but you need to have a power point reserve in the first place. If you combine it with Psycarnum Infusion, you can power your Essentia receptacles (i.e. everything Incarnum-related) by expending Psionic Foci.

Still, it's interesting at low levels, to optimize your one power or something. ANd since it's all based on feats, you can PsyRef them away when they don't scale any longer.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-04-30, 01:44 AM
Wild Talent and Hidden Talent can only be taken at 1st level, so if you're already playing then they're out of reach short of retraining shenanigans.

You could take Warped Mind from Lords of Madness, you'll need to get Aberration Blood first but there are a few extremely useful feats in that chain so it's not all bad.

JadePhoenix
2012-04-30, 02:01 AM
Wild Talent and Hidden Talent can only be taken at 1st level, so if you're already playing then they're out of reach short of retraining shenanigans.
While you're right about Hidden Talent, Wild Talent has no such restriction.

You could take Warped Mind from Lords of Madness, you'll need to get Aberration Blood first but there are a few extremely useful feats in that chain so it's not all bad.

It is mentioned that Aberrant Dragonmark can count as a gateway feat for aberration feats as well, but that is setting specific.

Cor1
2012-04-30, 02:30 PM
If there is Psionics, there might just be Psychic Reformation.

The cheapest method to get it is to buy a Soul Crystal of Psychic Reformation. It's 910gp, by the table in the PHB for Spellcasting as a service (and manifesting psionics as a service costs the same because transparency).

In a big enough city, you can find anything : the availability of things is limited only by their price, and any city's price limit depends on its population count.

So for 910gp, and 50 xp per level you go back to, you can re-choose your allocation of skill points, feats, and powers known (and spells, mysteries, soulmelds, maneuvers).
Choosing feats (or skill points, or powers known) by PsyRef works like when you take the level the first time.

Soul Crystals have a limited shelf life, so unless you conserve it in time stasis it will disappear, after 13 hours for the cheapest version.