PDA

View Full Version : Help me build my character for my upcoming campaign (pretty please)

Aeryr
2012-04-30, 11:29 AM
Hi there playground.

I was thinking a character concept that's been bugging my mind for a few weeks and before bringing my rules interpretations to the DM I wanted to discuss it with everyone here. At first I thought about posting it on the RAW thread but this might fall under RAI and I would appreciate some advice for a possible build.

First of all I am thinking of building a human wielding javelins Bullfighting Matador style. Combining the following stuff.

-Iajutsu focus (OA) for extra damage.

-Tormtor school (Drow of the underdark) for using javelins at melee.

-Gloves of endless javelins (MIC) for endless javelins duh.

So... I am having there a bit stretched interpretation of the wording of certain rules. Does tormtor school turn the javelins into melee weapons eligible for Iajutsu focus? If not does Iajutsu focus work with improvised melee weapons? Also what is drawing a weapon, would getting a weapon from the gloves be considered a drawing action?

That's a long term plan, and I would like to do it eventually, if it works. If not I can always resort to gnome razors, but I wanted to use those javelins :smallannoyed:

The game is going to start at level 5. Flaws are allowed, partial BAB is in use and there is LA buyout. Take note that the campaign will surely not go over level 15 and that there already is a dedicated arcane caster in the party (a wizard batman wannabe). There is also a house rule in our table that bears significance now, the sorcerer spells by day and spells known are pushed up a level, when we started playing we didn't understand why the sorcerer knew less spells than a wizard and at a later time.

First level is going to be human taking human paragon to turn Iajutsu focus into a class skill for ever. The two feats are going to be Iron Will and Hardened Criminal (city of stormreach) that allows to take 10 in a skill (this case Iajutsu focus). That way with an 16 at CHA four ranks on IF and a Masterwork item of IF (a really good sword sheath) the character could add 2D6 whenever he draws a weapon against a flatfooted character.

For my second level I am probably going to be a sorcerer. Being stalwart battle sorcerer, but at this point the javelin is definetly not a melee weapon nor a martial weapon. I am going to try to ask it nicely to my dm though. At this level another rank on IF pushes the check up to 20 so 3D6 damage, spells like grease are surely going to be handy for making sure people are flatfooted.

Third level warblade is it. Being an stalwart battle sorcerer gish will take a toll on my spells so having maneuvers per encounter will be nice. Also the maneuvers are certainly great. Sapphire nightmare blade makes people flat footed, wolf fang strike is a poor's man twf and if I carry two swords and get to attack a flat footed enemy it's great. The third maneuver, I am having my doubts between steel wind and moment of perfect mind, I know that moment of perfect mind is great, but I can grab it with an Item, while having steel wind would allow me to get an item of Iron Heart Surge later on. I don't really know what stance to pick though. A level on warblade also allows to relocate the weapon focus from stalwart sorcerer to javelin. It's algo a good moment to grab point blank shot.

Fourth and fifth levels are going to be human paragon. This way I can get tormtor school feat at fourth and finally use javelins at melee. And at fifth another push to my CHA. At this point the IF check is 10+4+8+2=24 (3D6) if an eagle's splendor is cast it goes up to 26 for 4D6 damage.

Were to go from here?

Assuming I can push the skill ranks during my human paragon levels I am probably going to take unseen seer at sixth for a +1d6 SA. Then I can grab combat casting and qualify for abjurant champion or be a swiftblade (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) or an arcane duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a).

Any suggestions? Ideas?