PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feats that do not require expending Psionic Focus

Zjordan85
2012-04-30, 11:47 AM
My current character is a Tashalatora Monk2/Psywar3 (and counting), through flaws I was able to secure Battle Jump and Up the Walls as bonus feats, which synergize nicely. I will pick up Psionic Lion's Charge at 6th level and 7th level calls for Speed of Thought as a bonus feat, each of which will further that attack routine.
I'm simply curious as to what other useful feats may be lurking that I've overlooked. I prefer the passive effects brought on by not expending my focus, easier on the action budget.

Cor1
2012-04-30, 03:34 PM
I know two and a half way to regain your focus on a swift, but you need to expend a swift.

Ons is the Psicrystal Enhancement. You need a Psicrystal with the Single-minded Personality for that, which gives you +3 to Concentration checks anyway. You can buy two Abilities per Personality in the psicrystal, each usable 1/day.
The Lesser Enhancements cost 300xp and 300gp, you can buy them at any point.
The Greater Enhancements cost 900xp and 900gp, each of those has a minimum level requirement.

The Lesser Enhancement for Single-minded Psicrystals gives you the ability to, once per day, expend a swift action and roll 1d20. On a 11 or more, you regain your focus.
The Greater Enhancement for Single-minded Psicrystals gives you the ability to, once per day, expend a swift action and roll 1d20. On a 6 or more, you regain your focus.

Otherwise, if you were an Elan of at least 3 HD, you could spend a feat to get an additional (Su) ability called Elan Retainment : whenever you'd expend your Psionic Focus, you can expend 3pp and a swift action to retain it.

Elans get all the nice things...

Just by curiosity, are you trying to go for a Lord of Smack? I love that build(s).