PDA

View Full Version : The Devil with the Cold Iron Gun

Morithias
2012-04-30, 01:21 PM
Okay in order to do this we'll need some backstory.

In the campaign my friend is running known as the "war campaign" in our circle, we are playing as the last monarchy in a war torn area of the material plane known currently as "Japan". (Sengoku Rance)

There are currently only two things that keep our monarchy afloat compared to every other state which is either a dictatorship military state, a democracy (saints), theocracy (monks), or just plain nuts (undead, aberrations, drow).

We are 1. The only state with large amounts of non-normal races, we can field orc barbarians, drow wizards, halfling scouts, and so on.

And 2. One of the PC's, one of the Princes "Sabin Stratos" has invented a new type of weapon....the early firearm (Pathfinder Ultimate combat 1). So we are able to field people with muskets, pistols, etc.

Ultimately the Princes, Alex and Sabin have a Aasimar Cleric working under them...a cleric of Bel, and it has come to their attention that the infernal forces fighting in the Blood War do NOT currently use Guns.

Iseria (the cleric) asked for a diplomat to be sent in order to discuss the sale of the new technology to Bel's forces.

So here's the question...what do we ask for?

I'm thinking of starting out big, something the DM would never give like asking for legion devils and such, and then basically haggling down to what we actually decide on, but here's the thing, it needs to be either really big, or continuous because they can just reverse engineer the gun.

So what would you want in exchange for giving the infernal armies guns?

(P.S the campaign is an evil one, so you have no moral outrage at this sort of deal).

Kelb_Panthera
2012-04-30, 03:30 PM
Honestly I'm suprised that Bel or any other devil is even interested in fire-arms. Lemures are too stupid to use them, and most of the demons that they'd be turned against have enough DR to make the damage of a rifle little more than an annoyance. Anyway, I would imagine that a detatchemnt of lemures and their handler wouldn't be too out of line. Say a legion or so.

Morithias
2012-04-30, 05:12 PM
Honestly I'm suprised that Bel or any other devil is even interested in fire-arms. Lemures are too stupid to use them, and most of the demons that they'd be turned against have enough DR to make the damage of a rifle little more than an annoyance. Anyway, I would imagine that a detatchemnt of lemures and their handler wouldn't be too out of line. Say a legion or so.

Legion devils use bloody longswords! I'd think a musket would be a huge improvement! Just swap weapon focus (longsword) for exotic weapon proficiency with some training.

I mean 1d8 + 3 is better than 1d12, but if you attack with a musket within the first range it's a touch attack. Combine this with some cold iron bullets and the demons be begging for mercy!

hamishspence
2012-04-30, 05:17 PM
Sounds like the name of the Big Bad in an James Bond parody-

"The Fiend with the Cold Iron Gun .... Will get it done!"

Morithias
2012-04-30, 06:16 PM

That's kinda what I was going for. :D

Crafty Cultist
2012-05-01, 10:07 PM
Personally, I'd trade the firearms for infernal transformation. Regeneration, DR, and spell like abilities. Ideally, try to get some sort of rank within the abyssal power structure that allows you to command weaker devils. A full battalion is unlikely, but infernal commandos could have their uses.

At the very least, you'd have a good retirement plan.

Kulture
2012-05-10, 07:13 PM
Drive a hard bargain, this could turn the tide of the blood war.

Keep them a step behind you in tech, meaning you can mass produce pepperbox and revolving guns before they're allowed muskets.
Their force multiplier is their natural abilities, yours is your technology.

Also draft up several contracts with airtight wording so that they can't betray you. Ensure that they're magically backed up.

Sell them the weapons themselves, not the plans, that way you can build in safe guards that means that they can't turn the weapons against you, such as having a part of the mechanism be made of the glass-like-substance that can shatter with a command word.
This ensures that you have the advantage when they get the gear and try to betray you.

Get transformation for your command and the promise of major reinforcements and clandestine operations from their forces.
A succubi in your opponents' courts will really jack their plans up and Lemures can soak a fair amount of punishment as a meat shield before they drop thanks to DR. Erinyes, particularly with firearms, make excellent anti-air and anti-artillery troops.

If the devils ever try to intimidate you, you can always threaten to tell the demons the disarming words.

Pokonic
2012-05-10, 07:40 PM
Ask for the control of a single Fiendish dragon, perferably in the upper age catagories. Of all the places in Hell, Avernus would probably have the most for the point of riding them, but if your fighting other nations whats better than fly-bys by a gigantic airborn lizerd to distract your foes while you killing the enemy nobles yourself?

Vizzerdrix
2012-05-11, 12:41 AM

made me think of Hellboy.

Vknight
2012-05-11, 02:25 AM
1: Make Guns
2: Make Pact with Devils for guns
In exchange for help such as forces, fiendish transformations, guarantees that if/when you die you all become high ranking Devils yourselves, and other services as needed
3: Begin work on modern firearms
4: Sell FireLances to other nations for far more then there worth
5: Prepare your armies and begin manufacturing large scale
6: ???
7: Profit!

And yeah that is about it.
Take various contracts and binding rules/rituals to make sure they don't.
Also be very firm and lawful yourself showing respect etc.